Questions & Answers
Sous Vide Supreme Water Oven, SVS10LS
by Sous Vide
4.3 out of 5 stars (88)
$334.99
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 27 questions
votes
Since the tub is stainless steel - I assume you are referring to the plastic bags containing the food items - this depends on your bags - buy food safe bags - such as Food Saver or Ziplock brands and you will not have chemicals leach off into your food.
Jan 14, 2014 by Long Time Amazon Customer
votes
It isn't a stupid question. You don't use a vacuum sealer for eggs, or quite a few things actually. You use a Ziploc or similar bag and follow these steps below to push enough of the air out of the bag for it to submerge. You will need to do this with anything that has a high liquid content. Fill a container with water deep enough to easily submerge your food and bag. Always add some sort of liquid to the bag -fat, stock, sauce, etc. The liquid is necessary to fill the gaps around your food and expel the air from the bag. Add your food item. A significant advantage of Ziplocs over vacuum bags is that the food can be added to the bag hot. All vacuum bagging procedures require your food to be cold (more on that in the upcoming vacuum section of the primer). If you are searing meat and adding it directly to the Ziploc bag make sure the surface of the meat is below 100˚C (212˚F) or the bag will melt. Be especially careful to not touch the bag with a hot set of tongs or spatula. Close the seal of the bag almost to the edge, leaving the last portion of the seal open -make sure you have correctly sealed the bag. Put your finger in the corner to make sure that part of the seal is open. Carefully immerse the bag in the water starting with the closed corner, not the open one. Make sure you do this step carefully, allowing air to escape up and out of the open corner. Just as the open part of the seal is about to go under the water, close it up.
Aug 14, 2014 by Jeffery C. Olson
vote
It should come with two different parts. One is a metal liner with two handles that goes on the bottom and keeps any of the bags from sitting directly on the bottom of the water bath since that is where the heat comes from. There is also a metal rack that can be put in the water bath two ways to either keep the pouches horizontal to the bottom or vertical like something that holds file folders. This rack works really well unless you are cooking something thicker than about 2" and in that case you will just need to let it float in the water.
Feb 12, 2013 by Stephen Gates
vote
I have used my SVS for dinner parties with 8 people ... it depends on what you are trying to cook but it has a pretty good capacity
Dec 17, 2013 by Frank A. Polma
votes
Keep it pushed for some seconds
Jan 14, 2015 by Mark C
votes
Model SVS10LS UL label indicates 120 Vac, 60 hz, 850W.
May 22, 2014 by Russell Bernhardt
votes
Have you read the basic description? The unit holds 11.2 liters. It contains a removable rack to help separate food as well as keep it from floating. If you simply look at the photos you can see what it looks like.
Jan 26, 2015 by MD 7562
votes
It's not long even with frozen foods in it. Maybe 20 or so minutes but I never really timed it, just turn it on and forget it. I usually fill it generally with frozen vacuumed packages of meat turn it on and let it cook a day or more. It comes out so tender juicy and full of flavor you can just eat with a fork. We love it and you can have several packages already cooked in this stored in the refrigerator ready to quickly heat and serve so a meal only takes a few minutes instead of hours to fix. Hope this helps.
Jan 18, 2015 by W. Smith
votes
The Sous Vide Supreme retail box measures 17 × 15 × 15. The delivery timeframe to California will depend on the shipping method selected; standard Amazon.com shipping timeframes apply.
Feb 26, 2015 by Golda's Kitchen
votes
All that information is in the listing. The interior size is referred to as the "bath" Bath: 9.9x12.6x6.8 inches I WAS mistaken on the temp, it is 86 degrees, not room temp, but it is far below any cooking temperature for any food I am familiar with. Best, John and Beth Specifications: Model: SVS-10LS Water bath: single Total Volume: 11.2 liters (2.96 gallons) Max Cooking Capacity: 11.2 liters (2.96 gallons) 110-120 volt Temperature: Display: Digital LED Adjustable in increments of 1°F (0.5°C) Range: 86°F to 210°F (30° to 99°C) Precision: 1°F (0.5°C) Dimensions (WxDxH): Overall: 11.4x14.2x11.4 inches 29x36x29 centimeters Bath: 9.9x12.6x6.8 inches 25x32x17 centimeters Weight: 13 pounds (5.9 kilograms)
Dec 27, 2013 by Family - mechanic, authors and editor
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers