Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Platform: PlayStation 3-Collector's Edition|Edition: Collector's|Change

on March 10, 2014
Pure excellence in every aspect, that is only how you can describe this game. Every part of the 17 seasons of south park was worked in and nothing was missed at all. This game could have been its owm season or even a whole movie, its that good. The only other games I have felt that are on the same level are goldeneye for n64 and the metal gear solid series. Thanks Trey and Matt, this was worth the wait
on March 9, 2014
Let's forget about the South Park FPS game that came out over a decade ago on the PS1/N64/etc because this new South Park game will make you love South Park all over again. This game has everything that a true die hard south park fan needs such as comedy, references, cameos, hilarious story and most of all uncensored. You can tell that matt and trey parker actually did care about this game because they even delayed the game a few times in order to make sure the game was actually good since Matt and Trey park are gamers as well. There is so much South Park love in this game that it feels like you are playing one GIANT movie with all of the seasons of south parks combined into a long movie and you will love every minute of it as well. Some South park fans may feel that they may not enjoy the RPG elements/gameplay style of this game but you will be glad to know that it is VERY easy to learn as the tutorial is very effective by getting the player to enjoy the game even if they are a noob to RPG style games. Plus, the giant awesome cartman figure that came with the special edition is AMAZING! I was honestly expecting a cheap knock off figurine that turns out to be much smaller and probably break or wear off in a year or less but that was not the case. Seriously, I am surprised that Ubisoft didn't charge $100 bucks for the special edition since the Cartman figure and the hand drawn map that is included feels a bit more than $79.99 and even if this was $100 bucks, I would still be glad to have bought the special edition but kudos to Ubisoft for pricing the special edition at $79.99 which I believe is a steal for this great package.
on March 12, 2014
If you are a South Park fan, you will really like this game. I explain it as being a movie that you actually play...then between the main story you get to take breaks to explore town, do side quests and talk to people.

I also think it has some replay value for the same reasons. I want to take in the story/jokes again, I think I would enjoy the game 2 maybe 3 times.

Overall the gameplay isn't overly difficult, but I think this is probably the best story-driven RPG game I have ever played (so I think the game is more focused on that). Having said that, there are still some difficult battles in the game. It takes around 15 hrs to complete.

Overall:
If you are a fan of south park, you will enjoy this game for sure! If you get offended by anything south park puts out, skip over this, one, as you will not enjoy the humor as intended.
Fun game - I'm glad I got it!
on March 6, 2014
This isn't my first S.P title played, so I didn't expect too much from it, but my gosh this game surpassed my expectations. Well as mentioned in the other reviews, it's got some bugs/glitches, which is probably why they stalled the release date. I've been a somewhat hardcore fan for a very long time, and I've witnessed how much the show has changed. This is why the fun factor of the game was a shocker to me. The customization of the new kid is broad, and reasonable, a fair amount of choices, and GIRLS no need to worry about gender issues, female wigs cover that. I didn't get too far yet into gameplay, but so far so good with jokes, and references from older seasons.NOW you should get the bundle if you're a super fan, you get the dlc, a map, and a reasonably big Cartman figure. It actually shocked me how big he was since figures usually come smaller. Overall it's a promising game...
on March 20, 2014
This is one of the most enjoyable games I have played. I usually hate turn based strategy games but I purchased this knowing that's what I was getting. Being a huge fan of the show since day 1 the ability to play in the universe of Kyle, Kenny, Cartman, Stan, Butters, Token, etc. is just amazing. I beat the game and loved every minute of it, even collecting all the chinpokomon and finding all the in-game friends. It plays just like an episode of South Park, each segment or set of quests plays out like a child playing for the day, then when you get to a certain point you have to go home and sleep so you don't get punished, it's kind of cool. I pre-ordered the grand wizard edition because I definitely wanted the Cartman collectible figure, and this game made me stop playing PS4 and go back to playing the PS3 for a bit, and it was definitely worth it. Once again, if you're a fan you will NOT be disappointed!
on July 2, 2014
If you like the show and the movie, then The Stick of Truth is for you. I do not like to play turn based games, refuse to play them. However when I heard about this game, I knew I would have to bite the bullet and try it. I am very happy that I did. The game is like watching a episode. It is full of so much humor and stupid thinks to do. Definitely the game of the year. The map included is very cool and is on a thicker textured paper. The labels on the map are definitely what Cartman would write. The figure is as cool as can be and is definitely going on display. If you are a fan of South Park then there is no reason you will be disappointed with the game.
on March 17, 2014
If you like the TV show, then you will probably enjoy the game. It tracks with South Park for a number of plots, but puts it all together in enjoyable ways. All your favorite cheap and dirty jokes will be there, along with some masterful and obvious product placement. The battle system is much better than expected and than it has to be. The fighting styles actually requires you to pay attention and use different controls for different moves (even from the same character), so you won't get the RPG button mash boredom. One other neat feature of the game is how much it responds to choices you make in setting up your character or equipping certain items. You can expect, for example, Cartman to rip on you at certain points if you pick the spray tan "Jersey" skin color for your character. The game also calls you out appropriately for obsessive RPG gamer behavior. I have played the game through twice now and enjoyed it each time. And it goes without saying, but if you are very easily or somewhat easily or even moderately easily offended, you may want to buy a different game.
on March 8, 2014
This game is so fun, I am so glad for the purchase. I got the special edition, I don't regret spending the money on it but it wasn't TONS better than just buying the normal edition. If you collect figurines then this would be worth your time. The map that came with it was made of a very nice velum paper.

This game not only references south park but also makes fun of video games in general.

PROS: Great turn based gameplay, lots of references to the series, enjoyable questing, innappropriateness and so much more!

CONS: It's a pretty short game.
on March 5, 2014
this game looks, feels, and sounds like it's one and the same with the television show. the game's narrative is as clever as the best episodes of South Park and 100% more interactive! The Collector's Edition in my opinion is worth the extra $20 because the map is made of a quality kind of paper that makes the map feel more authentic and the figurine is sizeable and not of the "trinket" variety. you can even use the Collector's Edition box as a means to house the figurine while still displaying it should you be the type of collector who doesn't want to take the item out of the box. i'd recommend this game to any South Park fan as the game is a sort of "love letter" to fans of the show. full of Easter eggs, inside jokes, and the same brutally crude South Park humor fans would come to expect from a South Park licensed game, this is the game we South Park fans have been waiting for...this is the Collector's Edition we South Park fans deserve!
on April 22, 2015
I've really enjoyed playing this game and the Cartman figure is pretty cool and well made. DLCs are pretty useless and the map looks nice, but was useless for me either. But again, the game itself is awesome! But you probably gotta be into or at least familiar with South Park to really enjoy and appreciate it.