Automotive Holiday Deals Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Entertainment Collectibles Shop Now DOTD

Format: Kindle EditionChange

on July 31, 2012
I know it sounds like a cliche' to say, "I couldn't put it down", but I really read this in less than a day. I don't know if I have ever laughed and cried as much reading the same book. I can't recommend it highly enough.

The thing that grabbed me and held on to me through the whole book was the intense longing of the characters. Longing for what they had and lost, desire for what they never had, desire for a future they can only dream of, and longing for a past that is lost. The passions are intense, and they just keep coming.

The pace of the book is a little like a roller coaster. There is the initial climb to a peak, followed by an acceleration that will almost throw you back in your chair. The book is also full of surprises, some that made me laugh out loud.

This feels like a novel that breaks new ground, a novel for the new millenium.
on September 9, 2012
I have read a lot of Alexander's other work and I was excited to give his first novel a try. I wasn't disappointed. The characters are richly developed and I couldn't wait to find out where the story was going. From the gravity of tragic family circumstances to the humor about the LSU-Alabama rivalry, the book had me wanting more. I highly recommend this book, especially if you have any family from the south!
on October 29, 2012
"Southern Gothic" is about longing, the desire for family and values. It has an erotic heat because you long for Carson and Tyler to make love to each other not only for the sperm, but for each other. Page after page go by while you are turning to see this love manifest. It is a Jekyll-and-Hyde kind of love affair.
on October 4, 2012
An enjoyable read! Rich characters and diverse storyline. I was surprised when it ended. There was no climax or major plot moment. Still a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.
on September 9, 2012
If you like women's fiction or any novel from Nicholas Sparks, then you will love this book!! Can't wait to read his next novel.