5.0 out of 5 stars My go to cookbook
Published on May 1, 2011 by Jamere

3.0 out of 5 stars Off the Eaten Path
nice to have the location of all these "off the road" eateries, but was very disappointed in the selection of the recipes....if you are buying for recipe potential....don't purchase,otherwise, at least you have some great locations to find and enjoy
Published on May 28, 2011 by Kathy Bobbitt

5.0 out of 5 stars My go to cookbook, May 1, 2011
This review is from: Southern Living Off the Eaten Path: Favorite Southern Dives and 150 Recipes that Made Them Famous (Southern Living (Paperback Oxmoor)) (Paperback)
Oh, YUM! Best purchase ever and amazing recipes - BLT hash browns are my favorite. Southern soul food - I'm starving just thinking about it. What's nice is that it includes a picture of what you're cooking because, as we know, a picture speaks a thousand words. I can tell a lot about the dish from the picture. The print is big enough to actually read (go figure!), nice slick pages that won't get gross, and not a bunch of filler and chatter, so more room for recipes! 150 recipes! Going to fry some catfish now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cover-to-cover fun and delicious, May 23, 2011
Marissa Loper (Memphis, TN United States) - See all my reviews
It's not often that I pick up a cookbook and read it cover-to-cover, but that's exactly what I did after I purchased my copy of Southern Living author Morgan Murphy's Off the Eaten Path. It was a quick read, full of Southern humor that made me laugh. I was proud to see Southern Hands, a great restaurant just a few miles from my house, featured in the book -- and even more thrilled that the author was able to convince the owner to give up her famous cornbread recipe. I've driven to Southern Hands JUST to pick up some of that delicious cornbread! Now, I can also bake it in my home. I'm also grateful that Southern Living published the book in full color with photos -- making it as much a recipe/travel book as a lovely coffee table book. I plan to buy this book for Christmas gifts for my Southern friends who have moved too far north to get any fried pickles or bacon bourbon. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Come and Get it!, June 2, 2011
Love this Cookbook. It's filled with good old fashioned down home Southern recipes, and the pictures to go along with it. If you've ever stopped at out of the way diners, and loved their food, then this is the book for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Off the Eaten Path, May 28, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, June 21, 2011
Off the Beaten Path is a great book to sit down and read through. Also has some very good recipes. Brought back a few memories as I read about a few restaurants that I had either heard of or visited at sometime in my life. Delightful

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this cookbook, June 22, 2011
This is a nice cookbook with good pictures and a nice variety of recipes. The recipe for buttermilk biscuits is excellent! I will refer to this book often.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recipes, June 21, 2011
I have always loved dining at down-home resteurants to savor the flavor of a community. This collection of out-of-the-way finds gives me new ideas. I love the recipes, and thank the resteurants for sharing them with us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Off The Eaten Path, June 21, 2011
If the price of gas has you fretting a summer vacation, a tour of Off the Eaten Path will feel like an extended trip through all things southern. Recipes abound - excellent recipes! Flipping though the photos will have you feeling like you are right there in restaurants and pit stops all over the South. A great read, a great cook, a great mini-vacation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 15, 2011
V. Trani "bead angel" (Lexington, VA United States) - See all my reviews
You cannot go wrong with this book - great for collecters - great for those who just love cookbooks - full of interesting stories and great receipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun cookbook, February 1, 2012
Lindsey Allison (MADISONVILLE, TN, US) - See all my reviews
I purchased this cookbook as a gift for my mother. She has a vast collection of cookbooks but nothing quite like this. She absolutely loved it. Bonus was one of the featured places in the book is minutes from her house. We loved it so much we ordered 2 more for additional gifts. I highly recommend this book.

Rate and Discover Movies