5.0 out of 5 stars great ideas for meals
I bought this book for one son and his family and he has used it many times, so I bought it for the other son and his family. It has lots of ideas for quick meals and has a wide variety to choose from. Most ingredients are commonly available.
Published 21 months ago by GJ

Published 11 months ago by Penmouse

5.0 out of 5 stars great ideas for meals, October 7, 2012
GJ "Oak Creek" (Johnson City, TX, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, quick and easy, September 21, 2012
This review is from: Southern Living What's for Supper (Paperback)
I have had this cookbook for several months now and have cooked at least one third of the recipes. They have all turned out delicious and fabulous. Every time I am amazed at how fast they come together while still seeming like real dinners that I could have spent a long time preparing. I originally thought about giving it away as a gift, but now it is one of my most used cookbooks and I can't part with it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version: There are some really good recipes IF you can find them, August 12, 2013
There are some really good recipes to be found in the Southern Living What's for Supper: 30-Minute Meals Everyone Will Love cookbook IF you can find them. The Kindle version of this cookbook does not have an interactive table of contents, nor does it have the ability to bookmark book "pages." This makes it very difficult to find recipes. If you are trying to put a meal on the table fast you should be able to find the recipes without having to search through the Kindle book.

I did read through the cookbook and I found many tempting recipes to try. Some of those recipes include:

Southern Sweet Tea
Grilled Chicken with Fresh Corn Cakes
Grilled Basil-and-Garlic Pork Chops
Slow-Cooker Roast and Gravy
Toasted Club Sandwiches

You will find plenty of beautiful color photos gracing the pages of this cookbook.

Unfortunately I am returning this cookbook due to it's lack of interactive table of contents and no bookmark feature.

Recommend with caveats given.

Penmouse

5.0 out of 5 stars New Meal Ideas for the family, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Southern Living What's for Supper (Paperback)
I checked this out at the library and decided I wanted to have my own copy. Have made three dinners that were very quick to make and delicious. Good for a busy family.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, so easy so great, May 13, 2014
There is such a great selection. The recipes are so easy to follow. They turn out well and taste great.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book!, August 10, 2013
This review is from: Southern Living What's for Supper (Paperback)
One of my go to cookbooks for quick meals that are tasty but not complicated. Another plus is the many easy side dishes throughout the book. Everyone always needs new ideas on zipping up standard sides. Great weeknight meals for couples and families.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Quick, July 23, 2012
This review is from: Southern Living What's for Supper (Paperback)
I have not had time to try any of the recipes from What's for Supper, but know I will soon. I have loaned the book to my granddaughter and she has chosen 3 meals to fix this week. I can hardly wait to try them and share the recipes with my friends. This recipe book is especially good for someone just learning to cook.
Easy instructions and ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!, June 9, 2012
This review is from: Southern Living What's for Supper (Paperback)
There is so much I want to make in this book...it might become one of my most used (and I have quite a few cookbooks!). I like that they give you a side to go with the main and the recipe for it, too. Plus they have dinner conversation ideas. Very happy with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super suppers, August 8, 2012
This review is from: Southern Living What's for Supper (Paperback)
This is a great book! Lots of wonderful photos and tasty recipes to be completed in 30 minutes or less, great for the busy family. I really enjoy the color photos on each page. They include topics for families to discuss at the dinner table which is a fun feature. Also different sides are suggested which is always helpful when planning a meal. Overall this book would be a great addition to any kitchen.

Southern Living What's for Supper
Southern Living What's for Supper by Southern Living (Paperback - April 24, 2012)
$19.95 $14.83