Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on June 29, 2010
Our old answering machine died. I was at a local drug store, this was the only model they had, and I was desperate. I would have been better off not buying anything at all.

Incoming calls are almost inaudible, even when you turn the volume up as high as it will go. The recorded voice that announces the messages, however, is grating and deafening even at the lowest volume setting. (Can you see where this is going?)

You have to turn the volume all of the way down in order to survive the message announcements, and then all of the way up to hear the incoming messages themselves, and then pray that you get it turned down again in time before the next message is announced. There is nothing in the display, either, that indicates the what the volume setting is at any given time.

The buttons look nice and large and easy to use, but erasing a message on the unit I bought requires multiple mashings of the delete key, and even then it's not a sure bet that the message is gone.

The user's outgoing greeting sounds muddy and garbled when heard from the caller's perspective (I called in from my cell phone to test it out), but is nearly as loud as the pre-recorded message announcement on the receiving end.

If I could give this thing a rating of negative five stars, it still would not be low enough to express my displeasure. I can't wait to go out tomorrow and buy something else.
0Comment29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2011
This is the only answering machine I ever bought, spanning seven machines over 30 years, with inaudible incoming messages. The volume control buttons only control the machine's automatic instructions. Caller messages are so faint that I can't even determine the caller's identity. I've sent multiple email messages and left voice mail messages for the manufacturer's customer service department; they have never responded. Stay away from this product. I just bought an AT&T answering machine instead, and it works perfectly AT&T 1739 - Corded Digital Answering System.
on December 10, 2011
I bought this answering machine and was so disappointed. It was basically a waste of money. The quality of the sound for recordings is so poor I often can't understand the message. I have only had it about a month and am ordering an AT&T machine with better reviews today. Don't waste your money.
on May 24, 2012
This machine did not work with my internet provider and when checking messages it was very hard to make out what was said, the incoming messages were very mumbled.
on April 8, 2012
I received the item is a very quickly. Unfortunately it did not pick up the voice message I left when I tested it by calling in. I have to return it.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2015
It did not work. I sent it back.
on September 23, 2015
The recordings of the incoming callers is barely audible despite increasing the volume. Seems broken. But I didn't save the receipt to return it. Would NOT buy this again in hindsight.
on November 11, 2015
The quality is horrible. It does not record properly and the quality of the recording is so bad that it is difficult to understand the message.
on January 6, 2016
Was looking for easy to use machine for senior citizen. Okay, not great, but not expensive either.
on October 17, 2015
Did not work right out of the box. Threw it in the trash.