Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Southpole Men's Relaxed-Fit Core Jean Jean
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 3, 2014
While the existence of vanity sizing may be up for debate, the fit of these jeans are not.

I use tape measure(that is very accurate) to measure myself and this is one of the very few companies that actually label their jeans TO THE MEASURED SIZE. I am a 34 in the waist and these jeans fit perfectly. I bought three pairs that all came in slightly larger than 34, but after the first wash, they all fit precisely. The jeans are very comfortable and have the right amount of leg room.

I used to wear Southpole jeans in college, but the store I used to buy them from closed shop years ago. Since then, I have struggled to find jeans that fit well and are labeled accurately. I am so glad that Southpole now sells on Amazon. Definitely worth the money!
on September 11, 2011
I own 3 pairs of these in diderent colors. The fit very nicely and are not too baggy, just the way I like them.
on July 31, 2015
I used to wear this style and brand years ago and could no longer find them in my local department stores. Then I found the exact ones on here and ordered a pair. But either my taste in jeans has changed or the fit has changed. The waist was more of a hip hugger than I remember it being and the thighs were tighter than I remember, and I'm even more slender now than I was back then. They look the same as I recall but I couldn't live with the way they fit, so returned these.
on April 24, 2014
I am average height and very heavy for my height. Not obese just stocky. If you fit that bill then these are the best looking jeans for you. Perfect length and the waist sits right without being tight and most important is when I sit down im not squeezed in the wrong place. I love these jeans and ordered another pair. Definitely recommend these, can't say enough good things.
on October 16, 2014
I owned a pair of these jeans and wore them out. One of the things I noticed was how the waist was smaller than it should have been. I ordered these pair of jeans last week. Tried them on and sure enough, the waist seemed more like a 28-29 then 30. Had to suck it in to buckle. The jeans fit great everywhere else.

HERE IS THE ISSUE: I washed the jeans which isn't uncommon and after one wash they shrunk all over. The length is significantly shorter and the waist is now even smaller. After having them for a week I can no longer wear them. If I were to do it again, I would have ordered a size 32 waist and 30 length. That would have been do baggy though even after washing them so unfortunately, the 30 waist and 30 length is smaller than it's supposed to be.

Great jeans, well made but shrink like crazy and the waist does not appear to be a true '30' width. I wish i could get my money back or have them send a 32 instead.
on February 28, 2016
I am a little disappointed with the way these jeans are manufactured. We have had several pairs of southpole jeans in the past years, and none have ever been manufactured with plastic coated threads at the waist. My sons has had to put a tee shirt under whatever shirt he is wearing due the the fact it bruised and cut his waist. Other than that the jeans fit great.
on November 23, 2015
I ordered a 30 waist for my son. He usually wears 30 or 31 waist in most brands so I did not think it would make a big difference rounding down to 30. I was wrong! The waist fit so snug that my son would not wear them at all. Most 30 or 31s he gets he has to tug up throughout the day and not feel so constricted that he would not wear. Also, the color was not what we thought it was. It calls it "dark sandblast blue", but the photo made it look almost black. It was most definitey blue...like regular denim blue. My son was disappointed with the color as well. We returned these jeans. That process was wonderful and painless at least!
on March 9, 2016
i like them.. they fit well. im size 34x30 or 36x30 depending on the month.. most companies on amazon for some reason only see to have *34/36X32, or for some reason the 36x32 only costs $20 but the 36x30 will cost $40 for example..

i do wish though that they sold these with a little less of a fade on the front, and offered a pair that werent as wide at the bottom of the legs.. these seem wider than boot cut. but for $20 and the ability to order either 36x30 or 36x32 and its the same price, i shouldnt be complaining..
on December 18, 2012
If you like a baggier style pant, these are awesome.
I have never bought pants online before but these have encouraged me to do so in the future.
on March 13, 2016
Not the quality I used to enjoy from this company when they were sold at JC Penney's. I ordered 4 sizes larger due to reviews here stating that the pants were running smaller than they used to. As expected the waist was much bigger, but I don't feel the pants were any more comfortable (baggier) for me ordering extra sizes. I am concerned if I go smaller I will be uncomfortable in these jeans (I certainly have a thicker lower body than upper). I might give these pants one more try at a smaller size (but not as small as my JC Penney SouthPole jeans), if only to avoid having to try on a bunch of pants in a store.

As for other complaints I have; the zipper feels like the junkiest zipper I've ever used but it is working for now. Also, the waist has a seam run across it that will rub my skin raw in places if I don't have a shirt tucked in. I gave these pants 3 stars but a large part of this is because they are so cheap. I'm certainly not excited about the purchase and don't look forward to casual Friday as much when I wear these.