Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
My fellow chefs said it couldn't be done, but this simple tofu creme brule worked the first time I tried it. Feel free to use a variety of citrus fruits; they are all interchangable here.
Six 3-ounce ovenproof custard cups or individual souffle dishes
1 1/2 pounds firm tofu
1/4 cup sugar or light granulated cane juice
2 teaspoons orange extract
Zest of one orange
6 teaspoons brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a food processor or blender, puree the tofu until smooth. One at a time, while blending, add the sugar, orange extract, and orange zest.
3. Pour the tofu mixture evenly into the custard cups and bake 20 minutes
4. Cool completely and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. For serving, preheat the broiler. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon brown sugar on each custard and set under the broiler for 1 minute or until browned.
6. Remove from oven, and serve immediately.
Protein 8.9 g
Carbohydrate 13 g
Fat 3.7 g
Fiber .4 g
Sodium 9.5 mg
Soy Chocolate Raspberry Brownies -Makes 10 Brownies
These soy chocolate raspberry brownies are so chocolaty and satisfying, I call them the dessert to "live for." The fat and calories are so low, but they still have that luscious mouth feel that you expect from chocolate. Serve with raspberry sauce for a little extra sweetness.
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup soy flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 whole eggs
1 cup sugar or light granulated cane juice
3 tablespoons soft soy margarine
1/3 cup semi sweet soy chocolate chips
1/4 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the wheat flour and soy flour and baking powder and set aside.
3. In an electric mixer, cream the eggs and sugar until smooth.
4. In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the margarine and chocolate chips, stir until smooth, and remove from the heat.
5. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture a little at a time, and continue to beat.
6. Slowly incorporate the flour into the liquid mixture. Beat slowly, and gradually increase speed until well combined.
7. Fold in the jam and pour into the prepared cake pan.
8. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before removing.
Brownies can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days
Cooking Note These can be cut into the traditional squares, or baked in a round pan and cut into decorative wedges
Protein 4.7 g
Carbohydrate 37 g
Fat 9 g
Fiber 2 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 71.5 mg
It was very old fashion ideas and need a lot of efforts. But it's ok I suppose. I am ok withbitPublished on November 14, 2012 by Junko Norman
This book has some fairly good basic info in the beginning, but the recipes are unusual. They don't sound appetizing. I didn't see any recipes I liked. Read morePublished on July 14, 2008 by Femme M