5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!

3.0 out of 5 stars a few good songs. nothing like previous albums
Published 2 months ago by alberto pablo

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Soy El Mismo (Audio CD)
I'm a big bachata fan -- though my taste runs to roots and artists like Luis Segura in his acoustic days -- but once I discovered this young bachatero with the gorgeous Spanish eyes and those dimples -- my tastes got updated fast! His earlier albums are good as far as they go but he really hit it out of the park with this one, people. As a review above indicates, it's good music "from start to finish." Every track works here -- and despite the variety of style and substance, it all seems to hang together as one cohesive whole, to me the hallmark of an artist who knows who he is and where he wants to go.... If you liked Darte un Beso, you will enjoy this entire collection. Herein you will find songs that are romantic (Tu Principe), poignant (Invisible, about a boy and his absentee father, gets me every time), muy bailable (the delicious Kiss Kiss) and, once again...romantic! Looks like Prince Royce made a smart move when he entrusted his precious talent to Sony.

5.0 out of 5 stars Royce!, October 8, 2013
This review is from: Soy El Mismo (Audio CD)
As a big fan of Prince Royce, I have loved his previous two albums and have fallen in love with his music.So I was very excited when I heard his new album was going to come out soon! After hearing his single "Darte Un Beso" I knew this album was going to be another great album and so I had to get it as soon as i could! After my class was over, I eagerly drove off to target(Target's album has 3 additional exclusive tracks) and bought myself a copy. I popped it in the car's CD player, turned up the volume, and drove home while the first amazing track "Soy El Mismo" played. I got home and I listened to the rest of the album! My favorite song has to be between "Nada","Tu Principe", or "Solita." Since I've bought the CD I have not been able to stop listening to his music! Every song has its own special qualities that you can't help but love! You wont regret buying this album so BUY IT! ROYCE!

5.0 out of 5 stars uuuuuRoyceeee, October 9, 2013
This review is from: Soy El Mismo (Audio CD)
Album is great from start to finish. Royce really innovated with the different sounds he incorporated to this release. He uses trompets, harmonicas, etc. The songs are all unique and but still with a Royce-flavor to it. My favorite tracks are Solita, Te Regalo El Mar, Soy el Mismo, Darte un Beso, and Te Robare. The Target exclusive is a deal. With this album, you can see that Royce really excels lyrically and shows his maturity as an artist. I recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blend of musical styles., March 29, 2014
D. C. Stolk (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soy El Mismo (Audio CD)
With “Soy El Mismo” (I’m The Same”), Prince Royce, the bachata singer from New York, has delivered his third studio album. It follows on his 2012 album “Phase II.” The Spanish songs on the album were all co-written by Royce, while only one of the three English songs (“Already Missing You”) was co-written by him. The 11 tracks combine lots of different music styles and genres, from bachata and tropical music to pop and dance beats, with even some rock, reggae and R&B influences, making for a very eclectic Latin music album that should appeal to a wide range of tastes.

The album opener “Soy El Mismo” is a beautiful ballad with Bachata rhythm. Next is “Te Robaré,” also in bachata style, but with a tropical flavor. The upbeat “Darte Un Beso” is a more traditional bachata song that also shows some reggae influences and is ensued by the mostly acoustic “You Are Fire,” an English-language power-ballad. “Me Encanta” is another bachata track with tropical sounds. This is followed by "Tu Principe," a bachata/pop track, that even has some flute and harp (and galloping horses).

A great up-tempo dance track is the English-language duet with Selena Gomez, “Already Missing You.” The beautiful ballad “Invisible,” about growing up without a father, is one of my favorite tracks on this album. Another great dance track is the English-language pop song “Kiss Kiss.” Next is the R&B flavored Latin pop-rock ballad “Nada.” The album closer is “Te Regalo El Mar,” another bachata song with a blend of different musical styles.

There are three extra tracks on the Target/Deluxe Edition of this album, all co-written by Prince Royce: the ballad “Primera Vez,” the more up-tempo pop-song “Solita” and “You Are The One,” a beautiful bilingual ballad with verses both in Spanish and English, supported by some great harmonica playing. Recommended!

With “Soy El Mismo,” Prince Royce has delivered a great album that blends a variety of musical styles as well as English and Spanish elements. Although this record is aimed at the Latin community, with this CD he will also appeal to anyone who likes bachata, R&B or pop music for that matter. In the fall of 2014 an English language pop album, with a flair of Latin/tropical, is expected to be released, and I’m eagerly awaiting this next album.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Bachateros, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Soy El Mismo (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Prince Royce since the first album. His music has always been top-notch and catchy. This CD is no exception. You can't wrong with adding this to your collection or playlists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bachata, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Soy El Mismo (Audio CD)
Easy to listen to. Great vocals. Purchased this for my wife and she can't take it off repeat. Hope you enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., June 29, 2014
This review is from: Soy El Mismo (Audio CD)
I was not disappointed with any of the songs, great to dance to and just kick back. Kid has some talent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Soy El Mismo (Audio CD)
Never heard of him before I saw him on VozKids and purchased this and am happy I did - great singer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Soy El Mismo (Audio CD)
Not a bad song on this CD! Beautiful music from first to last song! I do not get tired of listening to this album.

3.0 out of 5 stars a few good songs. nothing like previous albums, May 3, 2014
alberto pablo (chicago, illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soy El Mismo (Audio CD)
i listen to bachata regularly and have come to appreciate good bachata. Royce has had two albums before that were phenomenal. just about all of the songs of the past albums were unique and great. Yet, something seemed to have changed. I could name maybe three good songs, so el mismo, darte un beso, and maybe u are fire, that are even worth listening too. everything else just sounds like he is losing his touch.

this cd is not bad but it is not great.

Soy El Mismo
Soy El Mismo by Prince Royce (Audio CD - 2013)
Rate and Discover Movies