5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use
Published on February 23, 2011 by Boris Chang

2.0 out of 5 stars Good kit but a weak box
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:26 Mins
This short video shows what is in the tofu kit. Also shown is the weakness of the box construction. For the price, I am still happy I bought it as it showed me how to make tofu and the box design.
Published on December 26, 2011 by Robert Veale

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use, February 23, 2011
Boris Chang (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SoyaJoy Total Tofu Kit
I thought I botched my first attempt at making tofu. I added the Nagari to cold soy milk and then read that the soy milk should be near boiling when you add it - Doh! I was just too impatient to get going. So I nuked the soy milk to near boiling, added more nigari and stirred and weird curds started forming. I did just about everything wrong, but decided to put the stuff into the tofu box and lo and behold, about an hour later I had a slab of real (firm) tofu that worked out right after all. I figure if I could misread the instructions and still make a decent slab of tofu, then this is a pretty foolproof method/device.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good kit but a weak box, December 26, 2011
Robert Veale (Cleveland, Ohio) - See all my reviews
Length:: 2:26 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars A good kit, March 24, 2010
This review is from: SoyaJoy Total Tofu Kit
The tofu mold is nicely handcrafted: the pieces are even pegged together. It's basic, and easy to work with. I look forward to it getting an aged look and feel. The cheesecloth is quite strong, has a hem stitch, and just the right size for the mold.

5.0 out of 5 stars sjviews, May 25, 2010
This review is from: SoyaJoy Total Tofu Kit
what can you say about a box,
the size is right to make two blocks of tofu (similar to what you can buy in a regular grocery store ) the cheese cloth cleans up with ease I use it 3 times a week being able to make large amounts at one time is very helpful for busy-frugal people

4.0 out of 5 stars Tip for making tofu, October 10, 2011
This review is from: SoyaJoy Total Tofu Kit
After used the nigari, please keep the soy milk warm. Because it is nigari, it is not suitable to make super soft tofu. Nigari is designed to make firm tofu. If you want to make super soft tofu, use Gluconolactone. Actually I am using gluconolactone instead nigari all the time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after four uses., January 15, 2012
This review is from: SoyaJoy Total Tofu Kit
We really enjoyed using this kit. It was easy to use and the tofu came out great. However, during the 4th use the box warped and split on all corners. I am thinking we need to give up on this one and find a steel one somewhere (though they are hard to come by). If it was built better I would recommend it to others.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality material, December 7, 2011
This review is from: SoyaJoy Total Tofu Kit
I was excited to receive this tofu kit and to begin making homemade tofu. I made my first batch with the mold and was really pleased with the result of the tofu. In fact, I was very happy with the freshness, taste and outcome of the tofu. However, the wood and construction of the mold was very poor. During my first use, the wood warped within 10 minutes of adding the wet bean curds and the seams came apart at the bottom of the frame. I'm very disappointed that I have to return this product and get dinged by shipping charges.

1.0 out of 5 stars One side warped after one use, February 6, 2012
This review is from: SoyaJoy Total Tofu Kit
In the Picture, the box looks like dovetail construction but it was merely stapled together. It swelled and split after only one use. Should have listened to other users warning.

2.0 out of 5 stars The box breaks but you can nail it back together., May 17, 2012
This review is from: SoyaJoy Total Tofu Kit
I bought this kit for the box. It's hard to find a tofu box in the US, which reflects a lot on our society, so I bought this one. I used it about six times and the water caused the wood to swell which separated the nails from the wood. The unit is very poorly nailed/stapled together and you should expect this to happen. That said, you can nail the thing back together very easily. I replaced the six nails with something like 20 and all is well. As other reviewers state the box shows you how to build your own box, something you could do with a few bucks at the hardware store, but you just don't know until you see one.

I buy my Niagari via another site online, it's very cheap at $1.50/lb and I order 20 lbs at a time which would probably make an actual ton of tofu, yes?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kit!, September 22, 2011
M. Walker (FORT WORTH, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SoyaJoy Total Tofu Kit
I just made my first batch of tofu...Fantastic! The directions were simple and the nigari worked great! I found the box to be sturdy and the cheese cloth easy to clean afterwards. It holds enough to make two good sized blocks of tofu. I like how the bottom detaches from the box, so you can lift the box off, and place a plate over the tofu and base to flip it and easily remove your tofu intact. The box is about authentic as your going to get. Plus you have wonderful custonmer service to boot.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›