4.0 out of 5 stars Slam Dunk
Space Jam teams up His Airness, Michael Jordan, with His Hareness, Bugs Bunny, for a fun, and funny, family film.
Published on December 13, 2002 by Alan Attebery

3.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly good film
I'm not exactly the kind of audience that this movie was intended for. I'm not a basketball fan, although I do know who Michael Jordan is. For me, the biggest appeal was seeing how the cartoon characters interacted with the live-action actors.
The special effects aren't up to par with, say, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", but they come pretty close. Not all the...
Published on February 17, 2001 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Slam Dunk, December 13, 2002
Alan Attebery (Arlington, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Space Jam (Clam) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Michael Jordan has retired from basketball, and currently playing baseball, when Bugs Bunny and his Looney Tunes pals ask for his help in playing a b-ball game against diminuative aliens from Moron Mountain. These aliens have stolen the talent of 5 NBA players, including Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing, and are now larger than life. Since this is Looney Tunes Land, this game is NOT your average basketball game. If it was, it wouldn't be any fun.
Though not an actor of any kind in anyone's book, Michael Jordan does a very good job of interacting with his cartoon co-stars. Most of the jokes are well done and the basketball game itself is a lot of fun. In addition, it is quite funny to watch the 5 NBA players that had their "games" stolen trying to cope with their newfound ordinaryness.
This movie is not groundbreaking by any means and most all of the original Looney Tunes cartoons are better. But this movie never tries to be more than it is: a good time. And at that, it succeeds very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Review of the Two-Disc DVD, October 29, 2003
The new "Space Jam" 2-Disc DVD is a fun addition to any Looney Tunes or family DVD collection.
Disc One features the film, which can be enjoyed with commentary from the director, as well as Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Most DVD commentaries are a bore to sit through--and this one does have its over technical moments (especially if you have young children who "believe in" Bugs or Daffy), but the comments from the characters are very witty--including a jab that Bugs throws at Michael Jordan early in the presentation (concerning his brief baseball career).
Rounding out the first disc is the theatrical trailer of the film (this is almost a MUST with me for any DVD).
The Second Disc is a nice bonus and could have easily been packaged as a stand-alone item. It features a "Making of Space Jam" and several Looney Tunes shorts (from the 1980's and 1990's), as well as the 1988 television special, "Bugs vs. Daffy: Battle of the Music Video Stars". Speaking of music videos, the second disc also features "Fly Like an Eagle" and "Monstars Anthem".
This is a great gift for any Looney Tunes fan. Folks who liked it as children in 1996 (when the film was released) should still like it as teens. Children who have never seen it will also enjoy it. In short, it's a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, March 13, 2007
Even with the technology of recent animated films, Space Jam still holds it ground as one of the best. It combines great animation with the classic humor of Looney Tunes. This film is great for basketball lovers of all ages because it includes humor for both kids and adults. This film is also a must have for any Michael Jordan Fan. An all-around awesome film.

The dual-disk is entertaining, especially if you enjoy looney tunes cartoons which are included in the special features. The behind the scenes and commentary are interesting and informing. Good if you are interested in animation or film making. The special features includes two music videos: Seal's "Fly like and Eagle" and The Monstar's Theme by a selection of rappers from the era. It does not include R. Kelly's video for "I Believe I can Fly."

5.0 out of 5 stars Space Jam, June 17, 2008
This review is from: Space Jam (DVD)
Saw this movie went it first come out as a kid and enjoyed it then and as much as I do now. Great for laughs

5.0 out of 5 stars Space Jam, January 21, 2007
Bought for my son the space jam 2 disc special edition. He loves it. It was also good enough for adults too. With Bill Murray in it how can you go wrong. Very funny movie, also good to see the looney tunes gang on the big screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out Disney...., May 4, 2006
This review is from: Space Jam (DVD)
This is a Warner feature and is the best live-actionVERSUScartoon since Disney`s Mary Poppins 1964. Its brilliance in all departments is a treasure to behold. The timing is immaculate:-) A CLASSIC

5.0 out of 5 stars terriffic!, November 19, 1999
This review is from: Space Jam (Clam) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
this movie is not only increadibly funny, but it's imaginative to. you can tell it wasn't just whipped up in some board room in a big corporate office. i can't think of enough great things to say!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most entertaining, family movies I've ever seen., August 28, 1999
This review is from: Space Jam (DVD)
At first, I was hesitant to rent it, didn't think it would be good. Boy, was I wrong, my 4 year old son loved it so much, he watched it 3 times the first day, we kept renting it for a few times until we thought we would be better of buying it. Right now my son is watching it ( second time today ) This review is for the DVD version. If you don't have a DVD, you're missing out, big time!The picture and sound quality are outstanding. I definitely recomend this movie to every one with a sense of humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars there were all have done the best of the play day season, March 24, 1999
This review is from: Space Jam (Clam) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I make this long as I can to the aid of of command Jordan make a play ball the other dimensional players so that,Earth will be protected from the invadres so they have a play at then,to those time of failure to shoot,jump,rebound,and etc...that is natural in the game only,To that the champions they feel sudden surprises to take advantage towards the situation untill the time run out the Earth defenders led by Jordan himself make the be the newest champion in the universal compitition...

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my jam!, April 29, 2014
Andrew Ellington (I'm kind of everywhere) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Space Jam (DVD)
I still remember when this was released. It was one of my first cinematic obsessions. I saw it countless times in the theater, owned the soundtrack, knew every word to every song and every piece of dialog from the film. Michael Jordan became my hero, and the Monstars became the coolest bad guys I’d ever seen. I would sit for hours and draw characters from the film and I basically thought of nothing else other than ‘Space Jam’ for months on end. Basketball became my life, and I hate sports.

We all grow up eventually.

Well, grow up I may have, but I still love this movie. I may not be as obsessed (I think of other things) but the fun and spunk and cleverness of this film still shines through and has blessed a new generation with hours of enjoyment.

The film meshes our world with the world of our Looney friends when the tunes find themselves in danger of imprisonment at the hands of aliens determined to use them to boost sales at their amusement park. Bugs challenges the aliens to a friendly game of basketball, which turns unfriendly fast when the aliens steal the basketball skills of seasoned professionals in order to give them an unfair advantage. Feeling desperate, Bugs and his pals kidnap Michael Jordan, who has abandoned basketball for his failed career as a baseball player, and soon they have a chance to keep their freedom.

The film is hilarious and visually impressive, melding the animation with the live action perfectly, and the cast is spot on, even the sports players who get to sulk around and act talentless. Charles Barkley’s Madonna comment is also one of the best movie lines ever.

With one of the greatest soundtracks in the history of cinema (I’m serious), ‘Space Jam’ is pretty awesome.

Space Jam
Space Jam by Michael Jordan (DVD - 2011)
$5.97 $3.99