Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on November 28, 2004
This is, IMHO, GC's best album, hands down. Excellent songwriting, flawless production (produced by the great Sam Taylor), intelligent and often funny lyrics and song subjects... One second you're hearing 4 (or is it 5?) part vocal harmonies, and a few seconds later you're putting your head through the wall. This album rocks hard - every song is good, with no "filler" tunes at all.

This is their second album, following the self-titled one (which, although also excellent, is second place to this one). This was Dane Sonnier's last GC album, which IMHO is a bad thing. The overall sound and direction of the band changed radically after this record. If you have any of their other albums and like GC, it's inconceivable to me that you would not like this.
VINE VOICEon March 10, 2005
Their 2nd effort. Some say this disc is the band's best release. I have a couple of their other CD's lying around in my basement somewhere. Galactic appears to possess the similar vocal harmony talent to that, of...say, King's X, along with a powerful rhythm section and heavy guitar work intact. A couple of key tracks here are "You Make Me Smile", the rocking "If I Were A Killer", "No Problem" and the hidden cut "Ranch On Mars". Just good heavy rock for your senses to take in. Might appeal to fans of Kyuss, Rammstein, Monster Magnet and possibly Circus Of Power.
on September 29, 2012
Ive been hearing about this band for years. I got really into King's X when I got older and a buddy of mine that I went to college with told me about the Galactic Cowboys! I never really thought much about it I was like cool man what a weird name for a band lol! I think he put on Let it Go their last album and not their best if your just getting into them. But I forgot about them and moved on, then probally six years later I was on itunes, looking up kings x and saw them on itunes, So I gave them a listen and instantley fell in love with the band. They have great riffs, vocals, hooks, and melodies for days. And best and heaviest out of their collection is probally Space in your face! sadley they dont offer it on itunes, its almost thrash meets the beatles, really cool and very different! Monty Colvin the bassist has another band called Crunchy that is good, and sort sounds like GC, and he has a podcsat called Montys Rockcast that is awesome and free. So check it out!
on November 27, 2009
Ah, what a great album. This was Galactic Cowboys second album, and their last with Dane Sonnier on guitar. They went downhill slowly but inexorably following this album, but this album is a masterpiece, as is the self titled debut. This album consists of thrash inflected hard rock guitars with four part vocal harmonies. King's X's manager from the early years, Sam Taylor, also managed the Cowboys, and they could be described as a heavier version of the X. I was lucky enough to see GC opening for Dream Theater on the tour for this album, and, let me tell you, if the headliner hadn't been Dream Theater, they would have blown the headliner off the stage. Their harmonies were UNREAL, and they were instrumentally very tight. Anyhow,the standout tracks are If I Were a Killer, About Mrs. Leslie and You Make Me Smile, but they're all really good. Highly recommended.
on March 12, 1999
For thrash bands, these guys stand out for unlike most bands of their genre, there is none of the usual irritating incomprehensible screaming. Their vocal harmonies are great and at times use jazz voicings. What a great combination - heavy, driving guitar meatl with beautiful vocals harminies!
on April 3, 1999
"Space in Your Face" marks the second release from GALACTIC COWBOYS and the last on the Geffen Label & produced by Sam Taylor (also former producer of early King's X). Like their first album, "Galactic Cowboys", this one cranks with authority, has masterful 4-part harmonies and great, playful and thought-provoking lyrics. Because of some rifts with Taylor and the label-Geffen (which miserably failed to promote their first two albums while sinking all efforts on Nirvana) there is an unusual "gap" in the recording in which a hidden track, "Ranch on Mars" is concealed and another track, "Still Life of Peace" is distanced at the end of the disc and neither appears on the cover listing - although both sets of lyrics are in the jackets (as if you really needed them to understand the words). Anyone who appreciates the cream of rock music must have this in their collection! - Brad Farha
on May 18, 2000
What can I say? the Galactic Cowboys are like THE coolest group ever. my sister got me hooked in 1995 and I bought space in your face twice because I accidentally broke it on a pool cue. don't ask. Then i lost the second copy, so right now I don't have the CD. (and neither does anyone else)i have been looking for this for months. no luck yet. I'll keep on looking.
on May 18, 2000
on January 21, 2008
I agree whith the other reviewers this cd rocks.The first couple of cds were much rawer sounding but the other albums rock to.If you want a cd that rocks from start to finshed buy this one
on September 21, 2015
I like these guys but I only listed to this album once. You may prefer their first album.