5.0 out of 5 stars good little worker
Published on April 13, 2011 by doghairstew

3.0 out of 5 stars Microwave OK, Template is Wrong
I bought this microwave to replace a 20 year-old GE Spacemaker II which gave up the ghost. It has a particularly useful "footprint" as it can be installed under a cabinet in a tight space. The microwave itself is pretty good, more powerful than the one I'm replacing.

Published 20 months ago by Amadeus

5.0 out of 5 stars good little worker, April 13, 2011
This review is from: GE Spacemaker II JEM25DMWW 1.0 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave Oven with 800 Watts White on White
I just ordered my THIRD GE Spacemaker microwave. Oh the loyalty. The first two gave us 8 years each of heavy use. We have 3 teenaged boys who give that thing a run for its money. Food is being heated and reheated many times a day. I'm sure there are microwaves that last even longer, but I feel like we got our money's worth with this one. I went with the same model because it fits our space perfectly (it's not as tall as the typical unit) and the controls are very convenient. I like all those "one touch cook" buttons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and well priced, September 23, 2011
JZ (NY, NY, US) - See all my reviews
I ordered the same microwave many years ago. It had worked perfectly and I wanted the same one. Luckily I found out that they still carried the GE Spacemaker II. For a microwave to last 15-20 years with no problems, I will also go for the same model.

5.0 out of 5 stars measurements!!!, November 15, 2012
I had a hard time finding inside measurements for this microwave before I ordered it. I wanted a larger capacity microwave that did not take up much more space than my old microwave. This one did the trick. Works great in a small space and the inside measurements are 16 1/4 wide by 10 3/4 deep by 6 3/4 tall (measured from turn-table). Turn table diameter is 11 1/4 in. I like it very much. I have not used all the features and might not ever, but it is perfect for the space I had available for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Microwave OK, Template is Wrong, February 24, 2013

The box comes with a template to make the holes necessary for installation under the cabinet. BEWARE! This template is dead wrong -- the drill holes indicated on it do not align with the ones on the microwave. This mistake is stupid. How could GE make changes to the microwave without reflecting them on the template? So I end up with two sets of holes in my cabinet, the ones from the template and the ones I had to drill to actually attach the microwave.

Normally I would have given this microwave 4 stars. But I'm knocking off one star for such a silly and unprofessional mistake. GE, shape up!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy GE, April 7, 2012
I have had my GE microwave fixed twice. It just shorted out again. Do not buy GE products. This company has apparently surrendered to cheapness over quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars GE Spacemaker II, December 1, 2012
Our former Spacemaker II had a potato function that was great for heating up to 4 baked potatoes at once. They got rid of that functionality. The last one had a reheat button that reheat one serving of food nicely, this reheat function is useless. The last Spacemaker, you could set the timer and still use the microwave. Now you can either use the timer or the microwave, rendering it pretty much useless. Not liking this one much at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied with replacement of same model., October 28, 2012
This microwave replaced the same model from about 15 years ago which now comes with a turntable. Looks pretty much like prior although more plastic. This may actually keep the unit cleaner though - less tiny cracks which eventually build up residue. The bottom of microwave is not finished on this model so keep this in mind when mounting. I do not see the underside.I thought I could reuse my prior mounting bracket but it was ever so slightly off by about a 1/4". I mounted using screws and larger washers to hopefully distribute the weight a bit. The cooking on reheating seems to take a bit longer which surprised me because this new unit has a turntable. Coffee reheat and oatmeal take a bit longer but what's a minute or two. Delivery met my expectations arriving in great condition and in a few days. I hope this units last as long as my prior.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and fits it a small space., August 29, 2013
Its predecessor lasted 10 years. I am hoping this one does as well. Nothing fancy but does what it is supposed to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits the space perfectly., July 29, 2013
I bought this particular microwave specifically for the fit and it meets that criteria perfectly. I made a shelf over the stove and it looks like a built in.

4.0 out of 5 stars easily mounts under cabinet, July 20, 2013
We bought this microwave for my grandmother. She has limited counter space and with a mount kit, we were able to easily mount this under her cabinet. It heats up fairly quickly and takes up little room. She does not heat up large items, which is good because it is a smaller microwave, but for heating up stuff, it works very well.