5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and elegant

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
Published 15 months ago by HIM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and elegant, July 1, 2011
This is a gorgeous, functional bag. I've been researching awhile for the perfect medium size bag and I've found it! I have it in cream and it truly is a cream which makes it easier to wear than white. Obviously you have to be more careful with a lighter coloured bag but it looks so crisp and sharp against the darker colours (grey, navy, purple, black, brown) in my wardrobe. The pebbled leather is soft and smooshy. The gold embossed logo is a classy touch with a puffy gold spade above it. The inside lining is a nice striped fabric and there is one zipper pocket and two slip pockets inside. I also really appreciate the large open pocket under the flap on the outside for slipping in my iPhone or other quick-access items. There was a lot of though put into this bag.

The size is perfect. In it, I can bit a large pouch with my baby's essentials (3 diapers, wipes, bib), a small makeup bag, my large Coach wallet, tissues, my keys and my iPhone, with some room to spare for one or two more things.

I originally thought I wanted the Miu Miu bow but kept reading about quality issues which is crazy for a 1000+ bag!! The bow is also trendy which will look dated in a couple of years, whereas the Kate Spade Leslie is timeless. It looks way more expensive than it is. It has a nice balance of being structured and slouchy. It's very comfortable worn as a crossbody and also cute when it's held by the hand or in the crook of the arm. It's the perfect everyday bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVEEE THIS BAG!, December 28, 2012
dessag (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: kate spade new york Cobble Hill Small Leslie Convertible Satchel Handbag (Accessory)
I absolutely love this bag! Its size is perfect for me. I am 5'1 and curvy and some crossbody bags I just cannot pull off. The leather is very soft, handles are sturdy and the adjustable strap is sturdy as well and thin enough not to bother your shoulder when using it crossbody style. This bag is also much more spacious inside than I expected. It holds my large Kate Spade wallet, sunglasses with case, makeup bag as well as my keys and phone in the front slip pocket and other knick knacks. The lining inside also feels well made. I usually don't place my phone in the inside slip pockets because it tends to fall out due to cheaply sewn pockets - but this holds itself well! I'm a big fan of Kate Spade and highly recommend this bag. It can be worn in so many ways and I love that I can take off the adjustable strap and use it as more of a "dressy" bag if want!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Love Love it!, October 23, 2012
I LOVE this bag. The leather is soft and much nicer than I expected. It is very comfortable to carry and goes with everything. The inside is adorable too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size, Versatile enough for most occasions!, April 6, 2013
This is a beautiful, classic bag that matches with any work outfit, but is also edgy enough to wear with casual ones! I am a petite girl so I was worried that the size may overwhelm me, but it turned out to be a perfect medium size. It has a classic/dressier look when carried by the handles, but I especially love how it comes with detachable shoulder straps for cross-body looks! I also love the flap closure, so I know that things won't fall out of my bag (since I forget to close the zipper a lot). There is a front pocket that is great for storing things you want in reach (lipstick, phone, etc.) so you won't need to reach in the bag and fish for things you need.

Some minor flaws:
I was a bit disappointed that the shoulder strap was too long for my short figure, but nothing that couldn't be solved with a leather hole puncher. The bag is also a bit weighty on its own, so if you fill the bag with items it can be a bit heavy to carry. That being said, the bag is very spacious and can fit a lot of things!

Overall, I am very satisfied with this bag and it is a very affordable option for those who want a well-made bag for multiple uses. The leather is soft, and I have used this everyday for months without seeing any damage on the bag. I am 22, but I can see someone who is older look great in this bag as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery and great product!, March 24, 2013
J. M. Drake (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Girlfriend's Review:

My favorite part of the bag are the inside COMPARTMENTS and design. The large zipper compartment is a perfect size for you to tuck away some of your makeup or feminine products, while the two open pockets are good for bus passes/cards and even your keys. The outside compartment right under the magnetic clip is a great hideaway spot for things you want to access conveniently- phone, some cash, etc. Not to mention, it can fit an entire journal in there too.

My least favorite part of the bag is the ZIPPER. The zipper isn't smooth and is difficult to zip/unzip without a little struggle. But because the opening of the bag folds downward, none of the contents in my bag falls out. For this reason, I often leave the bag unzipped so I don't have to tackle the zipper too often.

To be honest, I was a little concerned that it's a "small" purse since I typically carry a large hobo bag. But it's actually the perfect size for me to carry everything I need! Loving is so far!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, May 31, 2013
The purse was well made, although there were a few issues that I didn't like. The top flap didn't stay down too well. The magnet didn't have enough strong enough attraction to hold the top flap. I find the zipper a bit hard to unzip, which made opening the purse a bit cumbersome. The opening of the purse was a bit tight also that made finding things quickly not as easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful; tough zipper, December 22, 2013
My first Kate Spade. Love, love the leather and size of bag. A little disappointed with zipper. Gets stuck one way so instead of using both pulls to meet on middle, I just pull them to one side. A little disappointing for this kind of money. But too excited to send back to try another zipper :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bag!, February 13, 2013
JE Pike (Easton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Perfect size - holds all my necessary "stuff" - wallet, makeup bag, phone, keys and sunglasses. Love the little front pocket - great for stashing those things you need at the ready!
Would buy another in a summery color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the purse, however..., August 29, 2014
I got this purse a few weeks ago through Amazon and when I opened it and removed all of the packaging I saw that there were weird little white specks all over both of the two small leather handles. I wasn't going to spend this much money on a purse if it didn't show up perfect so I sent it back. Their return policy is super simple so I just printed out a return shipping label and sent it off in exchange for a new one. Just a few days later the new one came in the mail and after only wearing it around for two days the stitching in the long handle is all starting to come unraveled! I am exchanging this new one now and hopefully the next one that comes will be up to par...if not, I'm not buying from Amazon again. I'll just go to a department store to get it. Fingers crossed the third time will be the charm. Double and triple check everything on it before you decide to keep it!!!!
Other than that I think the bag is super cute and goes with basically everything. It's a really good design with a little bit of a laid back slouchy look when it's on the long strap and its just big enough for all of my stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 11, 2012
Jenny (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
I received this as a birthday present and I love it. Good quality bag that will last years and be great for fall and winter. The only drawbacks were 1) the plastic packaging or where it was stored gave it a strange odor that slowly went away over a couple of weeks and 2) the zipper stuck a little bit but that has also been resolved with use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›