Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 21, 2012
I must say that I LOVE Biba! We dine at her restaurant a few times a year and her food is amazing! I have all her other cookbooks and she has talk me all the fundamentals of true Italian cooking (like garlic and Parmesan do not go with everything...lol). But when I saw in her newsletter that this book was coming out, I hesitated to buy it, because many of her books overlap, and I figured that I probably had most of the book. But while lunching at the restaurant, I was able to flip through it and I noticed this book is different than the others; it is more geared towards quick meals. Something her other books are definitely Not! Biba flavor without slaving in the kitchen all day? Sold! She even talks about how these are recipes she throws together after a long day, or for her grandkids when they come over (Can I be your grandkid, Biba?). The recipes are simple, with not too many ingredients, and ment to be tossed,with good store bought pasta (please don't ruin the flavors by putting them on crappy super cheap Walmart pasta. If its not made in Italy, that's a bad sign...). There's also a lot of variety, not just twenty versions of ragu.
One tip, quality and freshness make all the difference. If you think canned Parmesan is an acceptable ingredient, and good pasta sauce comes in a jar...you have a long way to go! Homemade spaghetti sauce can be done in 10 minutes, and taste amazing!
Buy the book, you're family will love you for it!
on August 5, 2011
I am thrilled with this latest effort from Biba. Every recipe rings true. The sauce of calamari and brocoli di rape(over farfalle or any pasta cut)is so fabulous as a light meal, as are any of the vegetable sauces for warm weather.I can't wait to try every recipe in this one.
on January 26, 2012
What a wonderful book! The first recipe I made was the Bolognese Ragu, and a more fabulous sauce cannot be found in American restaurants. This book is a great tribute to Biba as are all her wonderful cookbooks. Thanks Biba!
on September 28, 2015
Spaghetti Sauces Love this book. First of all, I am a big fan of Biba's. I love going to her restaurant, where I am always treated like an honored guest, and, consequently, cooking the food I have eaten there is always a special treat. I have almost all of Biba's cookbooks, but, had not ordered this one, thinking the sauces were in her other books. We purchased this book for a friend of ours, and she cooked some recipes out of it for us. Boy was I blown away. I came home and ordered one for myself. I highly recommend it.
on October 6, 2011
Being her biggest fan for over 25 years, SPAGHETTI SAUCES is that perfect gem to give to your kids, your grand kids, your friends and anyone who has a hectic life and wants to put a hot plate of spaghetti on the table fast! All the recipes are truly authentic italian and wonderful. Visit her restaurant in Sacramento and meet the legend! I will forever love Biba Caggiano!
on November 27, 2012
I love the sauces in this book, and they are very easy to make. Most of the recipes take just about 20 minutes!
The chapters in this book are:
Cheese
Pesto
Quick Tomato
Vegetable
Seafood
Ragu

The pictures are really amazing, and sooooo tasty!
I would highly recommend Biba's Book!
on October 16, 2012
I couldn't be more please with this purchase. The item is wonderful - at my urging, my partner now makes dishes from Biba's book and no more from recipes he finds in cheap magazines or the sunday paper magazine. OMG I love it!
As for shipping, well it took no time at all to receive it. I was pleasantly surprised with how fast it came.
Like I said, I couldn't be more pleased with the whole transaction. Thank you!
on April 8, 2013
This is a great cookbook and not to complicated. It has a meat bolognese sauce that I have made several times and is beginning to be my signature dish with my family and friends.
review image
on January 14, 2015
I have tried numerous recipes in this book and they are all yummy. You do have to shop to make sure you have the right ingredients but it is worth it!
on February 4, 2015
The recipes in this book are simple, quickly prepared, and delicious! They can also be easily adapted for one. Highly recommended if you enjoy pasta!