5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality so far
Published on May 20, 2009 by Hexydes

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly welded rim(s)
I purchased this as a gift for my nephew for Christmas. The rim was broken when removed from the box. I contacted Amazon and the immediately replaced it. However instead of replacing the rim they have to send the entire game and likewise you have to return a whole unit. Not a problem right?.....until less than a week later the new rim seperates due to poor welding!
Published 24 months ago by Sandra Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality so far, May 20, 2009
I bought this particular game because it had the best rating at the place I bought it from, and also because it was a fairly reasonable price. I set it up last night, and I will say, I think it's going to work out pretty well. The rim is nice and solid, the mini basketballs seem decent, and the ball return is nice as well. The frame is slightly flimsy, but I think it should hold up. They should have reinforced the legs a bit more securely. Other than that, no major complaints about it.

The instructions were pretty bad. The parts are all numbered and referred to as such (which is good), but there were a few times where a part needed to be turned a specific direction, and no reference was made (and since the only way to identify which direction it needs to go is indirectly by one or two tiny holes, it's impossible to know which way is correct until you try).

Also, I'm not sure why nobody lists the dimensions for the assembled unit; I looked all around online and couldn't find it. I eventually went to Huffy's website for promotional products, and found this unit, but with a pop company's logo on it. The dimensions were:

Assembled dimensions 91" L x 26" W x 87" H.

I think that is right. At any rate, it was the perfect height for my ceiling, with just enough room left to tip it up into place.

So in summary, are you going to be getting an arcade-quality electronic basketball hoop? Of course not; have you looked into the prices of those things though? They start at two-grand and go up from there. For the family, assuming this holds up, this is not bad at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly welded rim(s), January 29, 2013
This review is from: Spalding 4160 Single Shot Electronic Basketball Game (Sports)

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything but the scoreboard, March 9, 2010
The game set up easily between five grown men. They played happily for four hours. The power flicked, the game turned off and never turned back on again. I called customer service, where they were extremely apologetic, then they informed me the electronic score keeper, the part that died, was back orderd for up to five months. Other than that disappointment the game seemed to operate great while the score keeper was working. I do not think they find it nearly as much fun without the score keeper intact.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but broke after two days, March 7, 2013
This is a very fun toy for the whole family. All my kids liked it (ages 13,10,7), but after the second day the scoring mechanism started recording a basket whenever the ball hit the rim or backboard. Without a working scoreboard, no one wants to play anymore. A big disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy but large, March 28, 2014
K Maurice (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Our son loves this toy but we had planned to put it in our basement and its too tall. So now it's in our living room. :(
Just make sure to measure the area where you plan to put it bc it's rather tall and takes up a lot of space.
As far as the toy itself, I give it 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for my son!, January 3, 2014
This had good reviews so i purchased it. I've had no complaints. Played on it for a couple of hours so far and a minor scoring issue but no big issues. I realize nothing is perfect so I don't rate the highest. This was worth the money and very happy with it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very fun but defective, October 31, 2013
Purchased one of these for an event at work and everyone had a lot of fun with it.
Pros:
Super fun
Scorekeeper that also plays music
Some materials seem of good quality (balls, rim)
Cons:
Found several major defects when installing metal frame. Specifically the holes used to bolt everything together were misaligned, and I mean it was so bad we had our mechanics drill new holes in some cases.
We didn't call customer service as our event was the same day we were assembling but thankfully we were able to fix it ourselves.

Overall a nice purchase but they could have done a better job with ensuring product leaves facility without such major defects.

1.0 out of 5 stars Making the scoring system useless. Waiting for amazon to send us a new ..., January 10, 2015
My son wanted it for Christmas. It's slim and doesn't take up a lot of space. He was very excited when we assembled it. Unfortunately, it does not work properly. The sensor that sits at the basket is too sensitive and does not work. If you so much as get your ball to touch the rim, or even just the back board, it gives you points... Making the scoring system useless. Waiting for amazon to send us a new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars my 8 and 9 year old love this, July 19, 2013
I bought this for my eight year old for his birthday. It's great quality and even brought to the party for the kids to use. Adults and kids used it..loved it. Great for the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, June 12, 2013
The kids at my daughter's graduation party enjoyed playing this game. One wise guy discovered that if you throw the ball hard enough against the backboard, you might get a point you did not earn. Once the adults saw what was going on, we put a stop to it. The game is now in my basement and provides a fun distraction for the kids. Worth the money.

Spalding 4160 Single Shot Electronic Basketball Game