4.0 out of 5 stars Let's play ball
Everything was as expected. The directions made it very easy. The only down side was the chalk. They mention a sport chalk that comes off with a powerfull wash. This is your normal kids outdoor chalk and a slight rain made it disappear. Luckily I was planning on spray paint or I would have to repeat the process after each rain. In all nice and simple.
Published on December 11, 2007 by R. Graziani

3.0 out of 5 stars String with four rings and a pack of chalk
I'm not sure that the product reviews or the description is as accurate as it could be. The product is simply a string with four rings on it. Not sure that you couldn't do this yourself with a piece of string. I thought that the price was steep for the product. Had I known what the product actually was I think I would have done it without sending off for this product.
Published on January 19, 2010 by Florida dude

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's play ball, December 11, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, July 4, 2009
This review is from: Spalding Spalding Marking Kit, (8375) none (Sports)
I used this product to make markings on my driveway court. It was very easy to use, and produced great results. The first time I used the enclosed sidewalk chalk; after seeing how it came out I then used a 2" roller and white paint. It's amazing how just adding markings makes playing basketball so much more fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars String with four rings and a pack of chalk, January 19, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 4, 2008
This review is from: Spalding Spalding Marking Kit, (8375) none (Sports)
Just as described. It was simple to do. I had my 7 year old hold one end of the string (which he enjoyed) & I took the other end and quickly chalked in all the lines. It took about 3 minutes total to draw the lines & the kids had a fun time. Even my husband was impressed when he came home!

5.0 out of 5 stars buy this and not some expensive alternative, July 18, 2010
This review is from: Spalding Spalding Marking Kit, (8375) none (Sports)
wanted a stencil for a basketball court to paint over and make permanent. this, while a simple system, worked very well. very much worth the money given the advertised alternatives. the only thing to watch out for is if you want a real regulation court, you need the out of bounds like 4 feet behind the backboard, not at the backboard as the picture/diagram indicates. so draw the diagram on your court, then draw the out of bounds line 4 feet behind the line they recommend. easy to do.

i took the chalk lines as the center and put duct tape on each side of them, with a 2 inch gap in between to paint. i bought outdoor paint at home depot and a 2 inch roller and a paint brush. it worked fantastic. the tricky part are the curved lines which you need to do freehand and take time. I bought a 2 inch sponge brush which worked well. needed a few coats and lots of patience. but the outcome is fantastic. finished it in a day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple But Works, January 20, 2009
J. Knapik (Poland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spalding Spalding Marking Kit, (8375) none (Sports)
This is an easy way to mark a court. Follow the old saw to "measure twice, chalk once." If you take your time, this works well. It's a chalk-based product, however, so goes away the next rain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spalding EZ Court Marking System, March 8, 2013
Vicki M. Brown "Katie's Mom" (Aquebogue, Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spalding Spalding Marking Kit, (8375) none (Sports)
Works great for marking out a temporary court on the driveway. Washes away easily. Does the job when you need it to. My kids really like this it is fun to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use- Recommended, December 4, 2011
J. Valentin (Staten Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spalding Spalding Marking Kit, (8375) none (Sports)
As said before, it's basically a string with chalk. Having said that, it provides an easy setup with near perfect lines. It truly turns plain blacktop into a basketball court. You can't beat it for the price. I definetly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect & easy, July 3, 2012
This review is from: Spalding Spalding Marking Kit, (8375) none (Sports)
This was exactly as described, a super easy way to mark out a regulation court. Yes, it's basically a string and some chalk but was really easy to use. We made initial markings in chalk and then painted over. Looks great! Took me and the kids about 10 minutes or less to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars very easy, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Spalding Spalding Marking Kit, (8375) none (Sports)
very easy to setup and use. produced excellent results that were much better than expected, after the court was marked with chalk i used spray paint to make the lines permanent.

Spalding Court Marking System