The Spalding iHoop Portable Basketball Hoop with 54 Inch Glass Backboard embodies the ultimate fusion of basketball and music. This multi-wheel, portable basketball system is the first designed to accommodate your iPod for your music, and your game played YOUR way. Turn up the volume on your game with a fully integrated iPod docking station, 30 watt 2.1 sound system for premium sound quality and impact resistant ABS material. This durable basketball hoop also includes a 54in glass backboard and 4in square pole for superior playability. Put a fresh spin on home entertainment with this innovative way to perfect your play.
Listen to music while you shoot hoops with Spalding's iHoop, designed to work with any iPod (with a 30 pin port) or non-iPod MP3 player. Officially licensed by Apple and Made for iPod certified, Spalding's iHoop features a full-glass backboard for maximum playing performance and true ball rebound. The iHoop offers a 54- by 1/4-inch full tempered glass backboard enclosed in a steel backboard frame while square poles feature a two-piece, 4-inch design to maximize backboard rigidity and stability. Meanwhile, Spalding's exclusive ScrewJack lift system makes rim height adjustments easy with a simple turn of a handle; the rim height is infinitely adjustable from 7 to 10 feet for all skill levels. The adjustment handle can also be removed for storage during play and to prevent tampering.
To listen to tunes, just place your iPod in the Suspension Cradle and connect using Apple's standard 30 pin connecter. The iHoop also features a 1/8-inch mini plug connector for use with the iPod shuffle or any non-iPod MP3 players. Then, just hit play--and you are ready to play.
- Backboard Size: 54 inches
- Backboard Material: 1/4-inch tempered glass with steel frame
- Backboard Offset: 2 feet
- Rim Style: Arena Slam
- Lift System: ScrewJack
- Lift Handle: Removable
- Pole Size: 2-piece, 4-inch square
- Pole Material: Steel
- Pole Angle: 20°
- The iHoop connects to most iPods (30 pin port) or non-iPod MP3 players. Officially licensed by Apple and Made for iPod certified.
- Spalding's exclusive mesh Suspension Cradle will suspend your iPod/MP3 player in mid air. Made from a soft mesh fabric and attached via stretchable cords, your iPod/MP3 player will sit securely while the cords absorb shock, and the mesh fabric prevents scratches.
- Pushing 30 watts of total power through a fully integrated 2.1 stereo sound system, the iHoop is powered to play. Two 3-inch full range speakers are mounted near ear level on the backstop for optimum sound performance. The premium speakers provide superior audio clarity `with a rich, clean tone and stay protected behind high impact ABS grills. The iHoop also pounds the pavement with a 5-inch subwoofer, keeping the low-tones detailed and defined.
- The iPod/MP3 player storage compartment is located in the center of the backstop for easy access during game play. The access panel door is made using an impact-resistant ABS material for its strength and rigidity. Five easy-access buttons allow easy control of your iPod when connected via Apple’s 30 pin cable. Play, stop, skip, and volume can all be controlled without having to physically handle the iPod/MP3 player during game play.
- With insight from industry leaders in the Marine and Audio industries, Spalding has included only premium Marine Grade outdoor audio components that will hold up to the elements
iHoop Audio System Details:
- Compatibility: Most iPod models and MP3 players
- System Power: 120v with GFI protection
- Speakers: Two 3-inch full range premium speakers
- Subwoofer: One 5-inch subwoofer
- Speaker Grade: Marine-grade, weather resistant
- Inputs: iPod 30 pin, 1/8-inch mini plug
- Construction: Impact-resistant ABS material
- Other: Player suspension cradle design for protection
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What exactly is the Spalding iHoop?
A:The Spalding iHoop is the world's first basketball system with a fully integrated docking station for iPod. The iHoop has a 30 watt 2.1 sound system and marine-grade speakers for premium sound, a 54" inch glass backboard and 4" square pole for top level playability, a multi wheel portable bass with tip and roll mechanism for easy mobility.
Q: Do all iPod models work with the Spalding iHoop system?
A: The Spalding iHoop system is 30 pin compatible, which means that most iPod models will work on the iHoop.
Q: I don't own an iPod, but I do own an MP3 player from another manufacturer. Will other MP3 players work in the Spalding iHoop?
A: Yes. The Spalding iHoop has both a 30 pin connector for iPod models as well as an auxiliary cord connector for all other MP3 players.
Q: Does the Spalding iHoop require an electrical hook up?
A: Yes. The Spalding iHoop requires a plug into an electrical outlet (120V) in order to activate the music. The system is both GFI protected and UL approved.
Q: Is the Spalding iHoop weather and water resistant?
A: Yes. The Spalding iHoop has been engineered to withstand all types of weather, including rain and snow. The speakers are marine-grade quality and are water resistant.
Note: Contact Spalding at 1-800-558-5234 (8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST Monday to Friday) for questions or assistance.
As a Division of Russell Corporation, the Spalding Group consists of three business units: Spalding in Springfield, MA; American Athletic, Inc. (AAI) in Jefferson, IA; and Huffy Sports, in Sussex, WI. The three companies, collectively combined, are now the largest basketball equipment supplier in the world. Spalding is the official basketball supplier of the National Basketball Association (NBA) and Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA), the official backboard of the NBA and NCAA, the official volleyball of the King of the Beach Volleyball Tour and the official football of the Arena Football League (AFL) and Pop Warner.