5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect ball for driveway hoops!
Published on October 3, 2009 by gweempose

1.0 out of 5 stars LISTEN to the Bad Reviews
Published 12 months ago by Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect ball for driveway hoops!, October 3, 2009
This review is from: Spalding Never Flat Outdoor Official Size Basketball (Sports)
I've been using this ball on my asphalt driveway for a couple of months, and I'm still very happy with it. The ball arrived perfectly inflated, and it has remained so even after more than 100 hours of hard play. The ball has a nice grippy cover which is very durable and perfect for outdoor use. I much prefer this type of ball to the indoor/outdoor variety. Those kinds of balls start off great, but they tend to lose their tackiness rather quickly after being used outdoors. About the only negative thing I can say about this ball is that the outdoor cover can be a bit harsh on your fingers after a lot of play. I guess this is a trade-off that one has to make if they want an extremely durable ball.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rough but manageable..., December 21, 2010
I've had the opportunity to play with this a bunch of times over the past month and I have to say that I really enjoy this ball for multiple reasons:

1) It's hardcore beyond belief. I play on a court with trees to either side and don't have to worry about anything stabbing my ball to death (it's happened before). Barring some terrible SUV run-in, it's not going to die on me any time soon.
2) The material is quite grippy. Even when it's a bit moist out I don't have to worry about being any worse of a ball handler than I normally am.

Some not so amazing things about it:
1) Unless you're a lumberjack, this thing is going to hurt your fingers. Maybe I just shoot oddly, but it seems to have a sandpaper effect at times - not a good thing if you enjoy playing for a while.
2) It sounds REALLY WEIRD. I mean, realllllly weird. It reminds me a bit of those bouncy kickballs from grade school, except on steroids. Every single person I've played with has done a double-take, so don't buy if you like playing with negative Nellies.

Overall, good ball. Don't anticipate any long-term issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, March 19, 2009
We have 4 basketballs and this is our favorite one. WE have only had this ball 1 month but if it continues to do well we will probably have 4 of them in a year or 2. I can see how some people would complain about it coming not quite fully inflated. But we don't see that as a big problem. It is inflated and bounces well. Could more air be put into it? Sure but that may make it over inflated. Remember it is a basketball not a bouncy ball.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts forever, December 24, 2009
I had bought this ball about 3 years ago. I play basketball 2-3 days a week, and this thing has withstood the test of time. Over three years, the balls has only lost a tiny-bit of bounce. Amazing ball for the money. Must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Flat Basketball Spalding, January 24, 2010
I've had this basketball for over two years and have used it on multiple surfaces. I have left it out in the rain and sun and it still doesn't lose air. It is easy to grip and handle and can be used anywhere. Good quality and VERY durable, it has landed on rose bushes MANY of times and it never lost air. When I got this ball it cost $50, it is way cheaper now, great deal and a no brainer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good outdoor basketball, March 21, 2011
The basketball is of quality construction and lives up to the Spaulding brand name. Only thing that I didn't expect is there is no way to pump air into the ball because the needle spot is sealed shut. I just bought it as an outdoor ball to use and abuse so I am not concerned and apparently it will last longer with air because of this feature.

Overall a good outdoor basketball to use and abuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Popular Ball on the Court, October 17, 2010
Before I really got into basketball, I was planning on getting a streetball (rubber). I spoke to a guy who plays almost every day, and he told me to get an indoor/outdoor instead. I'm happy I listened to him.

I play streetball every weekend. Whenever I play, my ball is the one that ends up being used. The other ball is never as good as this one. It just feels right. If I walk around the court, I see the same thing going on - guys choosing Never Flats over the other ones. I've had it for over 15 months and haven't had to inflate it yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, January 6, 2009
My 6-year-old nephew loves his new basketball. It was fun to use, though it could have perhaps been inflated a tiny bit more initially so that it could bounce better. Overall, a great ball.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best outdoor ball on the market!, September 13, 2008
Blake (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
This is my second Neverflat outdoor ball and it is EASILY the best outdoor ball offered by anyone. i play out in my drive way and i have never had a ball that has lasted even half as long as these balls do.

1.0 out of 5 stars LISTEN to the Bad Reviews, July 6, 2013
Terrible basketball. I understand that outdoor basketballs should have a slight rubbery feel but this basketball's rubber ratio is so high that it wouldn't be correct to call this a basketball. 90% of the reviews here on amazon are fake as well as their products. If I were to buy a basketball in a retail store like modell's I wouldn't have a basketball made with cheap materials. On the upside this basketball has a good grip but the bounce is poor and it looks like one of those basketballs that you buy from target for kids.

Spalding Never Flat Outdoor Official Size Basketball