5.0 out of 5 stars Great ball
Published 7 months ago by peetie

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware this ball won't last long....
This basketball received good reviews but I got the lemon. This ball is two weeks old and barely used and the leather/rubber is already beginning to peel off at the seams. Its a good size ball for a ten year old girl but it won't last for long. Its a waste of money. I was hoping for a better product from Spalding.
Published on April 6, 2012 by TC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ball, November 29, 2013
Great ball for 2nd-3rd graders who are just starting out. This ball is lighter than the standard game ball we use and slightly bigger at 27.5" vs 27". I am coaching a team of 2nd graders and all of them are new to basketball. Everyone of these kids ask to change out their ball for the few of these I bought for practice. They have a very nice soft feel to them, and a great bounce with less effort. I would buy more but my ball bag is already full.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Spalding Rookie Gear Indoor/Outdoor Composite 27.5 Youth Basketball (Sports)
My 6yo son loves it. Came w/ perfect air pressure, very light & of course colors are awesome. Def would recommend this Bball.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for first time players, March 2, 2013
My daughter just started basketball (6yrs) and this ball is perfect for her. It is lightweight and she can get it up to our "big" hoop in the driveway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Basketball, April 1, 2009
Bought this for my 6 year old daughter as she was starting a basketball program at her school.Perfect fit for smaller hands as it is not as big and or heavy as an official ball.My daughter just LOVES the "rainbow" colors of the ball.This is well made and except for this size feels and plays like a REAL basketball.Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware this ball won't last long...., April 6, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves the colors, April 13, 2013
JJP (Nolensville, TN) - See all my reviews
It bounces repeatedly. It seems well constructed. It is significantly smaller than a full size regulation basketball which is good for my four year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 6 year old, April 3, 2013
Awesome ball and designed well for him to be able to shoot on a standard size basketball hoop. Good purchase and a fan of Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, March 18, 2013
I did not realize the size of the ball it is not regulation for my middle school team. However I anticipate using it during my skills clinincs in the fall for 1 & 2 graders.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great ball for my little boy, March 10, 2013
Damien Brand "Tango" (Brisbane, Queensland Australia) - See all my reviews
Love the colours - and something my little boy can use as he starts to learn basketball in a few years

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT DOG BALL-SHOULD BE GREAT FOR KIDS, February 2, 2013
My dog LOVES to play outdoor 'dog soccer' . We tried several soccer balls but she was able to easily chew through the soccer balls in her attempt to pick them up. The SPAULDING ROOKIE GEAR COMPOSITE YOUTH BASKETBALL was the answer. The composite material was tougher than regular leather or rubber and was light weight enough for her to 'dribble' throughout the yard. It also is just big enough that she can't get her mouth around it. It's lightweight enough so that she can push it through the whole yard and get her head underneath it, for a "throw" up into the air. (She's an English Springer Spaniel.)I have 2 of these balls for her- one inflated to size and one slightly under inflated so she can pick the ball up and run with it. I know that this is not the typical review of a basketball but if it will hold up to a dog's rough play with it, it should hold up well to a child's play with it as a basketball. I recommend the ball for little kids and for dog owners! It's ABSOLUTELY my dog's favorite outdoor play ball!!!

Spalding Rookie Gear Basketball (Multi-Color)
$45.99 $17.47