Spamming spammers who spam - the annoying God is a Woman book plugs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 3, 2007 6:38:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2007 12:13:55 PM PDT
Attention Team Spam of the God is a Woman book. For months now you've written fake negative reviews followed by God is a Woman book plugs on the sales pages of numerous top sellers, in forums, and everywhere under the Amazon.com sun. It's gotten so annoying and ridiculous, that the author of that book is embarrassed of you clowns and wants an end to it.
Here's his quote from his blog:

"A fan of "God is a Woman: Dating Disasters" emailed me today to let me know that there has been a lot of spam about the book on Amazon. So I went to Amazon to check it out for myself. Holy crap!

I can't stand spam myself...please make sure you are respectful about it to other books. It's fine to have relevant discussion, but what does it have to do with The Professional Bachelor or The Game?
Nothing."

http://didyoustoptothink.blogspot.com/2007/05/amazon-spam.html

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2007 7:51:13 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2008 3:17:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2007 10:56:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2007 12:11:10 PM PDT
The King of Spam returns! After the author of God is a Woman says he's embarrassed of spammers like you obsessively plugging his book in the review sections and forums of other books, you reappear and once again do exactly what he said he wants to stop...spamming his book on another book's page. In fact, you're doing it on the pages of two top selling books he specifically said not to.

His exact quote once again: "It's fine to have relevant discussion, but what does it have to do with The Professional Bachelor or The Game? Nothing."

I must say, you take ignorance and annoying to a new level.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2007 5:35:44 PM PDT
Thomas L. says:
In marketing, spamming kills sales. It's no wonder the God is a Woman author is trying to shut down these clowns. In the blog you posted, he said his book was ranked in Amazon's top 1000 a few weeks ago. I checked yesterday, and it wasn't in the top 5000. Ouch. These guys have done his book some serious damage.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2007 5:14:20 PM PDT
Kevin F. says:
Yes, it is sad, because God is a Woman is an excellent book. I noticed that the author has now made it search inside, no doubt to try to recover. Hopefully he will be back in the top 1000 again soon, where he definitely belongs.

Notice how I did not post a review of God is a Woman here? That's because this is not the appropriate place! For the record, to head off any more ridiculous accusations from either side of these arguments, I am the guy who emailed Coburn, alerting him to the spamming of his book. So address any issues about that to me, not each other. I won't reply but hopefully it will put an end to all this arguing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2007 7:38:45 AM PDT
Greg Randell says:
I too have read many of these posts. As a neutral 3rd party, not having read any of these books, I have to say the problem is not with people recommending God is a Woman or Professional Bachelor or any book for that matter. The problem is when you guys start calling each other fakes without any real evidence and later turn out to be wrong.
Let people write their reviews, all of which I've read, are very legit, based on searching inside and other reviews. I mean that for all books, The Professional Bachelor, God is a Woman, The Game, all of them. It seems you guys get so married to your book of choice to meet women, you refuse to acknowledge there could be other good books out there or even read them. That attitude will definitely help your game. Attacking a person's review on Amazon as fake and making up lies you think are true about the reviewer is not allowed and the reviewers should report it when it happens. Just do that instead of replying to each other and annoying the rest of us.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2007 12:54:00 AM PDT
A. Tomsho says:
You fail to take into account that there are people who rag on books like "The Game" in their reviews, demonstrating very clearly that they're only pretending to have read the book or that they're horribly misrepresenting the lessons taught inside. Then, they robotically plug another book ad nauseum. It's always the same ones, and it gets very tiresome to hear.

There was a point where looking at these reviews I saw so many people telling disgusting distortions of the truth about Neil Strauss and following it up with a plug for "God Is a Woman" that I never wanted to hear about that book ever again.

So it's not you specifically, contrary to how you took it. Rather, it's the fault of ignorant people who don't know when to shut their fat gobs.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 3, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 2, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists by Neil Strauss (Imitation Leather - September 6, 2005)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (951)