5.0 out of 5 stars The best foreign language teaching tool on the market., December 24, 1996
By A Customer
This review is from: Spanish: Language Learning Card Games with Book and Cards (LinguaFun Family) (Spanish Edition) (Audio Cassette)
I am a Spanish teacher, and have used the Linguafun cards in the classroom. I was amazed at how easily my students learned Spanish using these cards and cassette! The set comes with instructions for many different games, but our favorite in the classroom is "War". I have reviewed and tried many products for teaching Spanish, and Linguafun is by far THE BEST! It's the easiest way I have ever seen of learning a foreign language. I can't wait for all the other languages to be available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Spanish, April 20, 1999
By A Customer
My daughter (age 10) and I have been playing Linguafun card games for a few days and really enjoying it. The cards guarantee success in speaking in sentences right away, rather than learning numbers and colors and just a few phrases at first, the way I learned in school. It's spurred us both on to learn more--I only wish there were more sets of cards from Linguafun.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best I've seen yet..., August 16, 2000
The audio is of high quality, the speakers have clear voices and the cards are very helpful. My only problem with it is that they go too fast for a beginner, but they all do. It seems obvious to me...slow down! When a baby is learning to speak, you don't say "apple" all of the time, sometimes you have to say "aaa pull" I have to stop the tape player over and over and over........However, I do recomend this. I would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Start with sentences!, September 7, 2010
I don't know how I wound up owning just the red, white and blue cards, without the audio or other materials, but just the cards alone are pure gold. I used them to learn spanish and teach it to my 8 year old and 10 year old children. It's interesting to all age levels. There were a lot of different ways we could play the game to keep it interesting and fun. The best part is that we learned a simple grammar for making all kinds of useful sentences. I've never seen this taught like this in any other books, except perhaps "Speak in a Week", but it's a great way to start.

When you play a red card (something like "I want/Yo quiero"), a white card ("to play football/jugar futbal"), and a blue card ("at 3:00/a las tres"), you've made a sentence. After a while you'll learn to pronounce and hear the spanish, and you'll memorize all the words in the deck. The real magic is that now as you learn more nouns and verbs, you can just plug them into the sentence structure. This made us conversational with very little effort.

I wish there were more decks of cards like this for learning past tense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cassette, January 3, 2007
This is one of my favorite tapes for learning Spanish. Fun, and easy to understand songs for the entire family.

Used & New from: $15.97