5.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly what I hoped it would.
Published 20 months ago by Theo

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you don't need to breathe
Published on June 7, 2010 by Harold S. Levine

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you don't need to breathe, June 7, 2010
Harold S. Levine (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spanx for Men Cotton Compression Tank 611 (Apparel)
I nearly strangled myself getting this on -- had to try three times (and I got the "right" size for me). Once on, it's very tight, and warm (I hadn't thought of that). I think it probably makes me look about 5 pounds slimmer, and I did tend to stand up straighter. I tried on a few sports jackets that were getting a little hard to button, and they went on without a problem. But in a relatively slim-fitting polo shirt I didn't see as much difference. I'm going to keep it and try it for an evening ... preferably an evening when I don't have to sit down! Final thoughts -- a few weeks of a decent diet and a couple of sit-ups would probably do the same thing, and I'd be more comfortable. And I have a lot more respect for what women go through with their own undergarments!

5.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly what I hoped it would., November 16, 2012
This is an excellent product. It did precisely what I had hoped it would do when I ordered it. I am 40 years old, and "they" say that for my height I should weigh 175-180 lbs. I weigh 200...so I am approximatly 20-25 lbs. overweight, and to be perfectly honest, it is starting to show in a way that it didn't used to. To be more specific, what used to be 10-15 lbs. of muscle from being in military shape has turned into a small spare tire I carry just above my belt. I noticed an immediate difference when I put this tank top on. Imagine what you look like when you "suck it in" a little bit. That is the effect this item has when worn. It doesn't make the spare tire magically disappear, but it DOES slim it right down, and is just tight enough to make you stand up a little straighter. I put it on, got dressed for work, and walked through the house. When I walked past my wife in the living room, the first thing she said to me was, "Hey, have you lost weight?" Right then and there I was glad I bought it. At 50 dollars a shirt, I won't have 10 or 15 of these in my drawer... but I will definitely have one or two for those times when I go somewhere and want to make sure I look my best.

In short, if your goal is to look ten or fifteen pounds slimmer than you actually are, this shirt will do it. It is like wrestling a snake to get on and off, and it is a little bit spendy for an undershirt, but performs as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, Spanx, May 9, 2011
This = awesome. Much easier to get on/off than the crew neck. Works very well- hides the muffin top and makes the jeans fit better. This also breathes a bit better than the crew neck tee. You should totally get this.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the real deal..., May 7, 2013
I'm simply going to provide my review of an imitation product as a review of this product w/ the addition of Spanx is extremely comfortable and I can wear it all day, but beware if perspiring in it on a warm day as it can be difficult to remove. Now a review of an imitation product comparing w/ Spanx:
I recently got the "Spanx" brand of the slimming tank and was impressed w/ its comfort and what it's designed to do... Hold in a bit of extra gut and to my surprise, does provide some back support and improve posture, BUT it is a little pricey. The Spanx, however does feel like a quality product w/ cotton soft feel and the medium fit my 42" chest/32" waist perfectly. That said I thought I'd try the “InstaSlim” at less than half the cost of Spanx.
My initial impression of the “InstaSlim” was that the material felt more like nylon than cotton. When I put it on, I did not mind the extra snugness around the waist as it pulls my gut in a little tighter, BUT it was also snug around my chess, especially under the arms. In addition to the extra tightness the material did not feel as comfortable as the Spanx and after a few hours I couldn’t take the discomfort anymore and had to remove it…. Or at least try.
I had a 20-minute struggle to get this thing off as if attempting to escape from a straight jacket. It would have made a comical bit for a sitcom, but unfortunately this was real life and I was just short of cutting it off or risk the embarrassment of asking for help to pull this thing off of me. Granted I’m not the most flexible guy, but I thought the Spanx was a little tough to remove until the exhausting struggle with this product.
In short, I determined that the cost savings was not worth the lack of comfort and fit that the Spanx product gave me. I would only recommend the InstaSlim if you have someone who doesn’t make too much fun of you, helping you take this off, and if you want to sweat off a little more weight during warmer weather as the material will promote perspiration making it nearly impossible to remove w/o cutting off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what was described, May 17, 2011
Though the shirt was exactly as it was described, for me personally it is not too comfortable, and for the price, I would have foregone the purchase. The seller shipped it out quickly and responsibly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, October 27, 2013
This is a great shirt, but order your exact size. Do not get a size smaller. However I have an Insta Slim Tank also. It is much stronger than the Spanx for half the price !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't perform as expected, September 30, 2013
It's not that it was too large or too small, it just didn't change the look of my waist. I took a picture of myself with it on and with it off and there was no difference. I was hoping for it to have a tighter look around my waist as advertised. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Better than expected!!!!.....", May 22, 2014
I got these for my fiance, and he's a happy guy with these Spanx (1 black, 1 white). All the things I like about them, is what he told me he also liked. (So he does hear me! :-). The only time he doesn't wear them now, is for Dr's appointments. A+!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the fit, February 21, 2013
Well made product that works as advertised. Nice balance of support and comfort. I wear it about once a week and I don't feel that its too constricting. If I coupld lose 15 pounds I probably would wear it but until then its in my weekly rotation.

5.0 out of 5 stars feelin' skinny, July 24, 2012
keeps your handles and minor belly tight, lose a few inches on the waist, and firm up the chest. great item, i'll gladly recommend it.

Spanx for Men Cotton Compression Tank 611