4.0 out of 5 stars Less sheets per roll, but price is the same
`
What happened? This item used to have 144 sheets per roll:

Sparkle, Giant Rolls, Pick-A-Size, White, [2 Rolls*8 Pack] = 16 Total Count(Packaging May Vary)

Now this new item only has 107 sheets per roll, and the price per roll is the same!

Sorry Sparkle, we are not going to fall for that.
Published 15 months ago by D. Snow

2.0 out of 5 stars NOW SKIMPY!
Published 14 months ago by M. Torma

2.0 out of 5 stars NOW SKIMPY!, April 29, 2013
This review is from: Sparkle Paper Towels, 24 Giant Rolls, Pick-A-Size, White (Health and Beauty)
This is my second order for the S&S Sparkle paper towels. My first order came last month and had 144 sheets per roll and seeing as it is still labeled as "giant roll" I expected the same thing this time. Not so much. This time each roll looked smaller so I checked the label, which you couldn't see on line when I ordered it again. Now there are only 107 sheets per roll! That's quite a cut in product for the same price per roll, which in S&S is 92 cents each. Not very happy about that. I think it should have been clear on the product description that the manufacturer had cut back.
UPDATE: I see now under the product it does say 107 sheets per roll. I do not believe that was all there when I ordered them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Less sheets per roll, but price is the same, April 25, 2013
`
What happened? This item used to have 144 sheets per roll:

Sorry Sparkle, we are not going to fall for that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller rolls and higher price at same time!, May 5, 2013
From 140 sheets to 107 and on 4/20/13 I paid twenty six bucks, now on 5/5/13 they are thirty one bucks!! That's 24% less paper towels for 19% more cost! This was best value. Not any more. Look for something with better value.

3.0 out of 5 stars So-called "giant rolls" now SMALLER with larger sheets., June 4, 2013
This is the second reduction in quality Sparkle has made in the last six months. First it was the paper quality, now it's the quantity.

The so-called giant rolls, which used to be 121 sq. ft. with 144 select-a-size sheets per roll, are now only 114.4 sq. ft, with 107 larger-sized sheets per roll.

So each roll now has 6.6 sq. ft. less paper and 37 fewer sheets per roll. The sheets have gone from 5.5" wide to 7" wide, so what you do get goes faster, as well. If you're looking for the same small sheets to stretch out your paper usage, you'll want to take this into consideration.

The cynical side of me says they made the size change to make consumers use the rolls faster, but it may actually be helpful due to the fact that since Sparkle towels became much thinner and coarser, I've found myself having to use two of these lesser quality towels where one previously sufficed. A bit more paper in the larger sheets helps reduce that problem a bit, but defeats the economical purpose of buying select-a-size. Either way, they're not the good deal they used to be.

They're still slightly better than some grocery store house brands, which are like toilet paper, but with this ridiculous reduction in quantity for essentially the same price, one can buy the much better quality Bounty on sale at a local grocery store for nearly the same cost, which I intend to do next time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thin & Cheap, September 25, 2013
These were such a disappointment. I ordered these hoping to find a more affordable alternative to bounty. These are no thing close to the quality of bounty. So thin and cheap that in the long run it would cost more because you have to use 3 towels to do the work of 1 more expensive brand towel. Most store brand towels are better quality than these. I will not be purchasing these ever again.

1.0 out of 5 stars New, but NOT improved., November 29, 2013
Matthew Bennett "p7fl" (Tampa, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this pack a few months ago and they were great.. HOWEVER, these are new and improved... which means a bunch less sheets and much thinner... I don't know how they get away with their advertising, because they still say the same 2=3 rolls, which is a total lie, because before they had many more sheets. The select a size is now bigger too, instead of nearly 1/2 sheet tears, it is now about a 2/3 sheet tear. They went skimpy on these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, March 17, 2013
Cant complain about the value as it is great! Cant find this at any warehouse store. Will certainly buy this again

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbent and Great Value!, December 16, 2013
Sharon Rupert (Philadelphia. PA) - See all my reviews
Unbelievable good deal! I accidentally signed up for the subscribe and save program - on a once monthly basis. Oops! It's just my fiancé and I, so now we have close to 72 rolls of paper towels in the basement, but we will never run out! It's awesome to not have to drag 24 rolls into your cart, onto the check out belt, and then in and out of the car. Great program that saves time and money. What could be better?

4.0 out of 5 stars Will re-order, December 10, 2013
The way we go through paper towels, these were the best bang for my buck. Not the toughest or strongest, but they do the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome deal and pretty good quality, March 21, 2013
You seriously cannot beat this deal. Every one else sells cheapo papertowels for insane prices. These Sparkle papertowels are not only high quality but elegant and sutrdy as well. I cleaned up some spilled soda with it and they did not rip or dip a lot. The coupon helps as well, so be sure to "clip" it.

Rate and Discover Movies