Speak to Win: How to Present with Power in Any Situation
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$15.76 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
I'm a longtime Brian Tracy fan, because applying his knowledge has helped me be successful. This latest book is, without a doubt, the single most valuable public speaking book I've read to date (and I've read virtually every one published - I also recommend Lilly Walter's works).

I've been a professional speaker for over 20 years, and this is one book that I learned a lot of new tactics from, and wish I'd been able to see earlier in my speaking career.

Here's what makes Brian's book such a winner:

- detailed audience analysis techniques: Brian reveals what information you absolutely Must know before presenting to an audience. And this goes far beyond what you'd typically think about asking for.. many subtleties here re audience dynamics that are, in retrospect, things I should've been asking meeting planners for earlier. This alone is well worth knowing.

- Brian's world-class insights into what makes for a successful, well-received speech (like the "Eight Parts of a Keynote Talk" revealed on page 98). He's the world's top speaker, in my opinion, so getting all his thoughts down on paper like this is priceless. I will profit from Brian's tactics (thanks, Brian!), as usual.

- He reveals the "Qualities of Top Speakers", sharing what he's seen separates the best from everyone else (see page 132, on "The Highest Paid Speaker" for example).

and much more.

What was a pleasant surprise was, I thought I'd read it all, seen it all and that there was very very little anyone could reveal to me about public speaking that I hadn't already done, seen on video, or read in a book. And Brian came through and overdelivered by putting together very advanced (as well as new) topics in this book, which after reading, gave me a lot of "ah hah" insights, that I will leverage in my public seminars and online videos.

This is one of my favorites of all of Brian's books I've gotten over the years.. (also I recommend Brian's 2 DVDs on the topic, they're superb.. this book extends and adds to what he has in his DVDs, with more details).
Brian's personal productivity never ceases to astound me - and his clear, easy-to-profit by techniques. I'm such a fan, because using what I've learned from Brian has helped me achieve so much, in service of so many.

If you speak (this means Anyone - managers, speakers, trainers, sales professionals), which we all do - I highly recommend this immensely readable, ultimately successful book as a "must have" for your personal development. A+++

Thanks, Brian!

Regards,

Ken Calhoun, Pres.
DaytradingUniversity
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon February 8, 2008
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
I'm not reviewing this with the ulterior motive of promoting my own books or self or products or to ingratiate myself with Mr. Tracy, or "you pat my back and I'll pat yours" or put my latest book title or web address in my moniker, so you don't have to take this one with a grain of salt (at least not as far as in those matters).

Mr. Tracy has written a very easy to read and well-organized book that explains to the reader various techniques for being a persuasive speaker. He discusses how to properly prepare for various types of speaking situations from small groups to large audiences, as well as body language, speech techniques and whatever else is needed to make a positive and persuasive impact on the listeners.

It is a short book with fairly large type. There are no wasted words and no fluff inserted to make the book thicker. He gets right to the point, uses appropriate examples, and to me it was obvious that he knows what he is talking about.

If one is willing to read the book and digest it, then practice what Mr. Tracy preaches and keep doing so over and over, I believe he or she will be successful. I just got the book recently and much of what is written are things I already know or are common sense but the good part is it is all in one place. And the trick is, it doesn't matter if one already knows it or it is common sense, one must apply it in real life.

I believe this book offers a very high value per page and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their speaking skills.
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
I have recently gotten hooked on a number of Brian Tracy's writings. It is obvious that Tracy is a master of his art. His step-by-step approach to everything from extensive preparation of your talk, to the AV equipment (or sometimes lack thereof), to SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of how to work the audience such that they participate and work to make the experience a success is perfect. I am a better person and will be a better speaker as a result of reading this book. I have three large-group workshops next month, and am confident I will be better prepared and received by using the techniques outlined in this book. Well worth the read.
Format: Hardcover
My father used to tell me, "Son. If you want to learn anything, learn from someone who has proven themselves by actually succeeding in what it is you want to learn."

Brian Tracy is one of the most listened to and finest speakers in the world. He draws large audiences and get's raving reviews. That is good enough for me.

And oh by the way, nobody gives more content than Tracy.

The great Nido Qubein, oneof the great masters of communication and an incredible speaker highly endorses this book. Need more be said??

Buyit and use it. It's a winner.
on March 9, 2008
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
Brian seems to know how to zoom in on the nuts and bolts of mastering any task. This is no exception.This is one of the better if not the best and most direct method of mastering speaking. If you need more information on speaking, then don't speak, because you just don't get it. Tracy is a consumate professional and lives what he talks about. I highly reccommend this book and the associated audios that he offers in order to hone and perfect your speaking opportunities.
on June 28, 2010
Format: Hardcover
Brian Tracy is one of the world's most respected professional speakers. As such he has been honing his craft for three decades and shares this with us in his book - Speak to win.

Brian's book is good for beginners to advanced speakers. Many health professionals want to speak to audiences professionally - we are passionate about out topics, passionate about changing the world and speaking to large audiences can be effective in getting our message across. However speaking is an art, more than simply getting the information that you want to share correct. Brian shares his wisdom in how we can all become better speakers and communicators.

One good thing about the book for healthcare practitioners is that it discusses techniques for speaking to small groups and large audiences. This variance in audience sizes is normal for a healthcare practitioner who is working in their field of expertise.

I also like Brian's healthy habit of aligning his theories with practical examples from his work and experiences.

When trying to change individual's health behaviors, it is important to keep the audience engaged. Brian shares techniques for this including using vocal strategies, body language and presentation aids to enhance your delivery.

Like all of Brian's books, Speak to Win is written in a friendly, easy to read style which allows the book to be read from front to back, or use as a type of text, where chapters can be referred to as needed.

*** Relevance for Health Professionals ***

* Becoming a better speaker can increase success in your career.
* Speaking well can positively enhance your services profile.
* Structuring a keynote and conference presentations can make it easier for audiences to apply the information to their own life and make helpful changes.
* The persuasive sales presentation skills can be transferred to `selling' health to your clients.
* A good speech incorporates humor and stories. Brian gives strategies to incorporate these into your presentations.
* Planning and practicing are the keys to better presenting.
on April 22, 2009
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
This book has lots of practical information and ideas. Tracy uses good examples. Anyone can learn something in this book
Format: Hardcover
This book has absolutely changed my life and career and here's how. In this book, Brian Tracy gives you more than just the tools needed to be a powerful presenter. He gives you strategies for improving your communication skills and confidence so that you can present to 2 people or 2000 people effectively.

He breaks down the process of giving a speech in detail from the contract to the preparation to the delivery and so on! Amazing detail!

There is also a great section in the book dedicated to sales, which I found to be very helpful for me in my business. Thank You Mr. Tracy for another informative resource!
on May 7, 2009
Format: Hardcover
For sure Tracy is one of the best speakers and authors of our time. I had very high expectation of this book, but got disappointed, that it had tried to cover too wide an audience and particulars (from small group to big crowd, and even about stage/equipment setting) which resulted an absence of flair a reader can always find in his other books. If you had never read any book on public speaking beforehand, this can be an acceptable beginning. However, if you want something of the intermediate or advanced level, please give this a pass.

p.s. Normally I can find plenty of good quotes, memorable sound bites and practical key points in the author's books. However, I only found one impressive in this, which is "We cannot make it rain, but we can see to it that the rain falls on prepared soil. - Henri Nouwen pg144"
Format: Hardcover
Brian Tracy is a master communicator who has made millions giving speeches and writing books. In this one, Tracy stresses that you must carefully plan every part of a speech, and that everything should flow logically from one idea to the next. Rehearse your speech until it is perfect. These are all great points. Their message? You must respect your audience and never waste its time. Unfortunately, Tracy sometimes doesn't always heed his own wise counsel. In this book, he tends to reiterate certain pieces of information (especially his eight components of any long speech); This repetition is unnecessary, although the list and the pointers are valuable. Tracy possesses a wealth of knowledge about how to set up a speaking engagement, plan a speech and then communicate it with impact. Indeed, getAbstract confirms that you will find valuable nuggets of wisdom about public speaking on virtually every page of this book. Sometimes twice.