Spec Ops: The Line is a new original title from 2K Games that features provocative and gripping Third-Person modern military Shooter gameplay designed to challenge players' morality by putting them in the middle of unspeakable situations where unimaginable choices affecting human life must be made. Features include, a gripping, storyline reminiscent of Apocalypse Now and Heart of Darkness but set in a ruined Dubai, tactical squad-based Delta Force gameplay throughout a horizontally and vertically oriented world, devastating sandstorms which can be used in combat, a variety of multiplayer modes and maps, and deep support featuring two factions.
Third-person tactical Shooter action in a dramatic ruined Dubai setting. View larger
A rare examination of the ugly realities and choices of modern warfare. View larger
Make Your Choices in the Face Cataclysm and War
It's been 6 months since Dubai was wiped off the map by a cataclysmic sandstorm. Thousands of lives were lost, including those of American soldiers sent to evacuate the city. Today, the city lies buried under sand, the world's most opulent ruin. Now, a mysterious radio signal is picked-up from Dubai, and a Delta Recon Team is sent to infiltrate the city. Their mission is simple: locate survivors and radio for evacuation. What they find is a city in the grip of war. To save Dubai, they'll have to find the man at the heart of its madness - Col. John Konrad.
Spec Ops: The Line is an action-packed Third-Person Shooter that delivers heart pounding physically close combat through a squad-based play mechanic. Players lead a team of three characters, Captain Martin Walker, Lieutenant Adams and Sergeant Lugo. Each character has his own distinct personality and specialized skills, and the mature story they each play a role in explores the dark side of war in a realistic way, in which there are no good outcomes, only hard choices. As missions are completed more advanced weapons and equipment are made available. In addition, the desert environment of Dubai is brought into the game in a unique way with stunning visuals, and dynamic sandstorms that actively effect level designs, and which can be used to help and hinder progress. The vertical interiors of Dubai high rise buildings also provide tactical advantages and risks that can used be by players. Multiplayer campaigns bring new modes and unusual situations and environments to expand the single player experience.
Key Game Features
- A new portrayal of the Military Shooter experience with twisting narrative uncertainties.
- Action packed third-person oriented gameplay provides an up-close and personal view into the brutality and emotion within the combat.
- Command an intelligent and powerful squad of Delta-Force soldiers in a dangerous and unpredictable combat zone.
- Cross "The Line" in a mature story that explores the dark side of war, where there are no bright outcomes, only bad or worse choices.
- Unique Dubai setting strikes the imagination and transports players to a larger-than-life playground for vertical gameplay and stunning visuals.
- A destructive sand element provides new gameplay experiences including sand avalanches, and powerful, disorienting sandstorm combat.
- Deep and addictive team-focused multiplayer experience
- Experience a variety of game modes such as classic deathmatch, team deathmatch, and "Rally Point", as well as a unique new mode called "Buried"
- Featuring sandstorms and sand avalanches - you must utilize both to your advantage to succeed. Take out opponents unable to find cover during the storms. Shoot out sand deposits to bury your opponent alive.
- Class-based progression system split across two unique factions: The Damned and The Exiles.
- Each faction has four classes and one unique class. Unique classes provide important gameplay bonus for the player's team.
- Unlock new perks, weapons, gear and challenges, and more as you progress up the ranks.
- Play across a variety of Dubai-based maps. Experience intense vertical combat in the world's most opulent ruins.