Will all the extras from the DVD Special Edition be included in this blu-ray edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 16, 2010 10:53:58 AM PDT
For example:
Deleted Scene: The Original Opening Bank Robbery Sequence
"Return to Escape From New York" Featurette
2 Feature-Length Audio Commentaries
Making of John Carpenter's Snake Plissken Chronicles Gallery
Exclusive Comic Book
Photo Gallery
Trailers

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 11:45:20 PM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
Good question. A more important question is, will this have a new transfer since the last one was pretty crappy?

Posted on Jul 27, 2010 7:26:20 PM PDT
D. Holt says:
I don't know if they will be on the blu-ray, but should be on the DVD that also comes with the set. Then again the Child's Play Blu/DVD combo had the exters on the blu also. So will have to wait and see.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2010 8:32:53 PM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
Any idea if this is going to be a flipper disc or if there will be two separate discs?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2010 4:36:27 AM PDT
D. Holt says:
it's not a flipper

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2010 9:08:19 AM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
Excellent.

Posted on Jul 31, 2010 1:03:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2010 1:05:20 AM PDT
K. Cannon says:
The back cover of this Blu-ray only lists a "Theatrical Trailer" - and that's on the DVD (2nd disc). The cover could possibly be wrong, but it seems like MGM/FOX would spell out all of the included features...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2010 1:09:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2010 1:25:10 AM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
It's disappointing that there are no special features (aside from a trailer) but that leads me to believe that at least we will be getting a new transfer of the film since they aren't bundling the most recent DVD with this... Unless they threw in the OLD flipper DVD with the full screen version on one side (I doubt it) since that one only had the trailer, too. Until I know for sure, I'll just hope that the cover is wrong since there's no reason they couldn't give us those old features. :-)

They're probably holding back all of the extras for when the remake comes out so they can re-release this disc again, and then include all the extras and some promotional material for the new movie.

Posted on Aug 2, 2010 1:55:08 PM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
I just read on a couple of different sites that the DVD in this combo IS the old flipper disc with widescreen on one side and fullscreen on the other side. Totally lame. I'm starting to think that this movie will get a new release on Blu-ray with all of the previous special features when the anniversary comes OR when they start making the remake.

Posted on Aug 3, 2010 1:54:38 AM PDT
So I'll just add the SE DVD into the packaging and dump the old lame DVD. Not too difficult a problem to fix.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2010 1:58:18 AM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
Yeah. I was thinking of picking up the SE DVD here for less than $10 since I don't have it, and then combine it into one package - only so that I can have all of the special features (and the commentary!!!) as well as a nice DVD with 5.1 surround sound on it. The DVD they're giving us only has 2.0 - lame. I'll probably never even watch the DVD once I get the Blu-ray, so I don't know. I have a feeling that with either the 30th anniversary coming out, or the upcoming film, that they might give us another Blu-ray edition with all of the special features on a Blu-ray. So, I'll hold out for another year or so and if it doesn't seem like I'll be getting the extras on Blu, I'll get the SE DVD.

Posted on Aug 5, 2010 12:03:10 PM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
So, mine just arrived. The Blu-ray looks and sounds excellent. Totally love it. I decided to check out the DVD and I became a little confused. You see, the original flipper disc from 2000 only contained a 2.0 audio track. This one contains a 5.1 audio track (it even says it on the box). What did MGM do!? Give us the 2003 Special Edition transfer (with the 5.1 audio track) but take away the Carpenter/Russell commentary, and then make it into a flipper disc (why???) or did they use the 2000 transfer, take away the 2.0 audio track, and put in a 5.1 audio track? I read on a website where someone said it was the 2003 re-mastered transfer, but I'm curious if anybody knows for sure. Either way, it's cool that it has a 5.1 audio track. Good for those times where I need to get my Snake Plissken on and I'm not near my only Blu-ray player.

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 3:38:10 AM PDT
compsciguy says:
There never was a remake to this movie, was there? Its now 2014, and no remake. We've had Total Recall and Robocop, but no Escape from New York.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jun 16, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Escape From New York [VHS]
Escape From New York [VHS] by Kurt Russell (VHS Tape - 2002)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (872)