4.0 out of 5 stars ICTS LBS 1 155 test

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocked
Published on August 3, 2011 by Jude

4.0 out of 5 stars ICTS LBS 1 155 test, February 25, 2011
LuBelle "LSD" (Chicago IL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ILTS Special Education Learning Behavior Specialist I 155 (Paperback)
I was reluctant to purchase this book because of the negative reviews. However after buying the book, studying it and taking the test, I am pleased to say that the book was quite beneficial in providing pertinent information that helped me to pass the test. The book lists each of the test objectives and provides literature on those objectives. Then there are questions specific to each objective. Yes there are numerous typographical errors but they do not interrupt the flow of reading. I was able to mentally correct the errors and continue to read with no interruption in learning.

Earlier, I purchased a different book to help me prepare for the same test and the other book was totally useless.

Also the cover of my book is different from the one shown here, but the title is the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocked, August 3, 2011
This entire series should be recalled, and the only reason it hasn't is the lack of competition. It has a shocking amount of errors. The entire test is useless and full of wrong answers. If I were reading this review I would assume I was exaggerating, but I assure you I am not. I mean 2/3 of the answers in the test are wrong- in the test they themselves wrote! Something didn't line up right and the answers and explanations are to the wrong questions and it was never fixed before it went to print. The entire book itself was also useless and did not contain the information that's on the test. The actual test is situational, a "what would you do?"/use your judgment type test.

4.0 out of 5 stars A big help, July 4, 2013
Mike Adams (Naperville, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This book helped me in my preparation for LBS1/155 test. This book covered things that were both on and not on my exam. Overall, I was glad I read this book. It helped me pass my test.

2.0 out of 5 stars Illiterate!!!, June 16, 2010
Although this book did help me to answer a few questions on the LSB1 test, it is full of typos, errors, and sentences that don't make sense. There is a practice test at the end, but the answer key doesn't provide the correct answers. Thankfully, there is an additional practice with the answers "explained" so you are able to see the correct answer. Some of the explanations are helpful, but others are just plain lame. This PHD author should be ashamed to put a book like this in print! It is in dire need or proof reading and editing.

1.0 out of 5 stars The editor should be fired., July 3, 2013
This book has so many errors in it, it is practically unusable. Don't waste your money, because you will be returning it like I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teacher helper, May 23, 2013
Good book to help with studying for the test that this book is used for. It is not all inclusive, but provides a helpful understanding.

1.0 out of 5 stars Are you kidding?, June 2, 2011
I cannot believe how many errors are in this book!! The answer key isn't even in the correct order and then the answers are wrong on top of it. It's so ridiculous! I'm returning it for sure....it was useless.

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE BOOK!!, July 21, 2010
THis book was full of errors, not only grammical, but some of the answers to the pretest were obviously incorrect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible! Don't spend the money!, July 14, 2010
I would give negative stars if I could. This was one of the worst books I have every tried to read. It has an insane amount of typos and errors, incorrect information, and they obviously cut and pasted whole sections of information from one section of the book to another. The information under many of the subsections had absolutely nothing to do with what it was supposed to be addressing. The test questions were not like what was on the actual test, and some of the answers they gave were wrong!! Don't waste your time or your money. This company should be ashamed of this publication!

ILTS Special Education Learning Behavior Specialist I 155
ILTS Special Education Learning Behavior Specialist I 155 by Sharon Wynne (Paperback - October 1, 2006)
$73.50 $49.55