Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 29, 2008 9:40:16 PM PDT
I can't get all of the Featurettes to play on Disc 2. There are 18 of them, but I only get an icon to click on for the first 14. I've tried on Window's Media and Real Player, as well as the Power DVD player on my computer. I don't have a regular DVD player. Anyone else have this problem? If so, did you find a solution? I bought the DVD too long ago to return.

Posted on Aug 17, 2009 4:17:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2009 4:19:09 PM PDT
flashpan says:
Same problem here. I've tried to play the bonus disk on several DVD players and the featurettes from number 13 onward don't play correctly.

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 1:05:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2010 7:34:24 AM PDT
I have the same problem. Since the physical DVD looks fine and the fact that there are at least three of us now, it is a problem with the recording of the data during the duplication part of the manufacture. I am surprised though, that it has not been addressed by Amazon since so many of us are experiencing the same thing.

UPDATEd on 06/07/2010 Monday: Well it doesn't work on either a computer or a regular DVD player. I guess the manufacturer does not want to own up to the fact that the problem is in their duplication process! Time has passed, has anyone purchased a recent copy? Perhaps they have worked through all of the old stock and have produced a newer batch without the problems? It is such a shame, because it is definitely a film that would be perfect for a "the making of" version!

I liked the film so much that I would by a two DVD product again if I knew that both DVD's would play correctly now!
If the producer/producers are reading these posts, please exert whatever influence you have and get the manufacturer to produce correctly working DVDs. Please! And let people know somehow if you are successful at doing so.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2009 3:35:25 PM PDT
flashpan says:
Yes, I had to return mine twice (pieceofmindmedia) and then, the 3rd time, I ordered it directly from Amazon.com as the seller. It was a little more, but everything worked.

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 2:37:33 PM PST
I finally got all the featurettes to play by starting at #1 and just going straight through them to the end. Since the only one I would really want to watch more than once is after #14, obviously this is not something I am going to do on a regular basis and it's annoying that I can't see what I want to see when I want to see it. I wrote to the manufacturer and, while they were very nice, the best "solution" they could give me was that because of special technology, the DVD would not play properly on a computer and would need to be played on a DVD player for everything to work. Well, I bought the DVD player, but it sill wouldn't work except for doing what I mentioned ~ starting at square one and spending two hours to get through all 18 featurettes. Not the best use of one's time.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2010 12:11:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2010 12:11:50 AM PDT
monkey-man says:
Beverly: I wonder if you can save time by hitting the "next chapter" button on DVD player remote (or computer keyboard), until you got to the featurette that you're interested in. That would be way quicker than spending two hours to watch them all...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 29, 2008
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions