Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sturgill Simpson Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on November 30, 1999
I have to admit after searching years for a book that would help me reconcile the concept of Santa Claus with the birth of the Christ Child, "A Special Place for Santa" was a gift from Heaven.
Imagine an author being able to combine the life of St. Nicholas and the birth of the Christ Child in a way that both historical figures were honored.
I cannot say how disappointed I was when I loaned out my copy of this great book to a friend and never had it returned. I was even more disappointed, after losing the book, to find out that the book was no longer in print.
I am continuing my search for this book as I wish to use it in the future. I believe that the book and its content dealing with both the life of St. Nicholas and how that life relates to the life of Christ is an invaluable teaching tool for all ages of folks, both young and old.
I thank Ms. Pieper for writing such a wonderful book.
on January 3, 2003
This book is phenomenal in its explanation of the truths behind the REAL St. Nicolas. It's nice to be able to tie Santa in to the whole reason for the season -- my girls and I all love this book. For those unable to find it at amazon, I located it at a local Catholic gift shop. I highly recommend this item!!!
on December 30, 2002
I agree with the first reviewer. It is an excellent book for those who try to keep the true meaning of Christmas sacred, yet enjoy the celebration of Christmas. Santa has become a very important part of Christmas tradition, and this book helps explain how historically that occurred. Reading this book will become a part of our family traditions, at least as long as we have children at home. I am trying to find a hard cover copy for my church's library.
on November 29, 2003
Finally a story that doesn't just preach about the comercialization of Christmas, but attempts to reconcile the true meaning of Christmas (Christ) with the history of Santa. My four year old loved it (although there are still a few sections above her head) and I did too!
on December 4, 2015
This was an adorable book! I came across this while looking for the kneeling Santa figurine. After reading a few reviews I decided to purchase this for my kids.
I am so glad I did! This story connects the secular Santa Claus with the religious birth of Christ which are both represented by the Christmas holiday.
I read this to my 3 year old and he sat and listened with rapt attention-something he is not likely to do often. He loved the illustrations as well.
I find this to be well written and both kids and adults will enjoy the tale.
If you are looking for a way to connect the more commercial aspect of Christmas and the more religious aspect,this book and story is the way to go. It will be a part of our Christmas traditions going forward.
on October 19, 2012
I bought just one to share with my family and everyone wanted their own so that filled my gift list for this year. I also got the figurine for several special people. Great way to help children understand.
on December 1, 2015
One book has a torn page the other on page one has a note dated Dec. 2003 to Evan & Ben.
It shows Charlotte Academy & has a library borrowers card on the inside of the back cover.
May be used as advertised but certainly not in good condition.
on December 13, 2014
This is my new favorite Christmas book. Although I definitely buy into commercialism for Christmas (because it's just so fun!!), we also want to really remember the reason for the season. Our kids know the story of St Nicholas, but it was a big jump to Santa Claus and then back to Jesus. This book helps bring them together in a great way. Definitely worth adding to the collection :0)
on March 8, 2013
This is the perfect book to use when explaining how Santa fits into the celebration of Jesus' birth. It's not only great for children, but adults will also enjoy it. I highly recommend this particular book.
on December 26, 2015
Excellent story that seemlessly ties St. Nick (Santa) to the true meaning of Christmas. St. Nick was a real man spreading Christ's love and that is what we should be teaching our children now. In a world that secularizes everything it's a fantastic reminder for our children that even Santa is celebrating the birth of our Saviour.