Top positive review
30 people found this helpful
This case is wonderful!
on June 25, 2010
Originally, I had purchased the red version of this case, which had bad build quality problems. I went to my local Target (which stocks these), and determined that while many of the red cases exhibited similar problems, the black ones did not ... so I'd say it's safe to buy the black ones. Here's why this case is great:
1) The stand built into the cover is clever and super handy. When you're not using it, built-in velcro holds it securely in place, so that it doesn't get in the way. The kindle is very stable when using the stand - no worries of it tipping over ... allows you to sit & read while you eat.
2) The padding is thick and provides excellent protection to the Kindle. I had a Belkin sleeve briefly, and in terms of protection, this case is way better.
3) The mounting system is great - it holds the Kindle very firmly in place with virtually no wobble. It does not use the mounting holes on the side, and so it does not present the risk of cracking your Kindle that many other cases do.
4) It gives the Kindle a very book-like feel. In particular, I like holding it with the cover folded around the back, as it makes the left-hand side thicker (and more comfortable for me - I have big hands ... although I don't think that small hands would be a problem either).
5) It's really a good-looking case ... I was very sad when I had to bring my red one back (it broke), but then I saw the black ones, and determined that they didn't have the same problem.
6) You can charge the Kindle while it's in the case ... although the hole in the bottom of the case doesn't line up perfectly, and puts some pressure on the USB plug when it's fully inserted.
All in all, I strongly recommend this case. I think that it's one of the best ones available.
EDIT: Also, a note to the Speck people: You have this in the wrong category. Searching for 'speck cover' in the Kindle store yields no results.