Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Speck Products FabShell Fabric-Covered Case for iP...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 66% off the $29.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Speck Products FabShell Fabric-Covered Case for iPhone 5 & 5S - FreshBloom Coral Pink/Black
|Price:||$19.65 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$10.30 (34%)|
- Custom-designed protection for iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S
- Sensational style. Stylish fabrics fit any personality, for a look that's totally you and a soft touch that feels just right.
- Slim, form-fitting design. One-piece iPhone covers give your iPhone the flexibility of a sleek skin and the durability of a hard shell.
- Reinforced sides. Extra strength walls and shock-absorbing rubbery edges add even more protection.
- Raised bezel keeps screen safe and pristine; rubberized covers shield buttons
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 4 inches, 3 inches, 0.5 inches
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Speck Products FabShell Fabric-Covered Case for iPhone 5 & 5S - FreshBloom Coral Pink/Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||extra stuff 2009||extra stuff 2009|
|Compatible Phone Models||iPhone 5s||Apple iPhone 5||Apple iPhone 5 & 5s (All Models including International)||iphone 5s|
|Color||FreshBloom Coral Pink/Black||Bold Blossoms White/Revolution Purple||Pink with Black Trim||White/Gray|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Speck FabShell for iPhone 5 and 5S
FabShell wraps fashion and protection into one chic iPhone 5 or 5S case. With patterns and colors aplenty, this FabShell case gives your iPhone more than a little haute couture.
Lab Tested, Proven Protection
Every Speck case delivers Proven Protection. Speck's lab has put them through a battery of tests including standing up to extreme temperatures, and resisting scratches and even everyday spills like greasy suntan lotion. If it doesn't pass, Speck won't sell it.
The Long Live Promise
Proven protection and sleek design. Long live having it all.
|CandyShell||CandyShell Flip||CandyShell Grip||SmartFlex Card||SmartFlex View||Pixel Skin||Pixel Skin HD||FabShell|
|A tasty confection of style and protection.||Delightfully dockable.||Turn all-thumbs into thumbs up.||Calls, cash and cards combined.||From case to FaceTime in a snap.||The new shape of grippiness.||Finely tuned low-profile style.||How fabulous feels.|
|Raised Bezel for|
|Rubberized Button Covers|
|Materials||Hard polycarbonate with shock-absorbent TPE lining||Hard polycarbonate with shock-absorbent TPE lining||Hard polycarbonate with shock-absorbent TPE lining and grips||Flexible TPU||Flexible TPU with hard polycarbonate back plate||Silicone||Flexible TPU||Hard polycarbonate with flexible TPU bezel and corners + fabric|
|Available Colors|| || || || || || |
Color: FreshBloom Coral Pink/Black
Top Customer Reviews
However there are 2 problems that impede usability of the phone:
1) Creates audio problems. The border of the case goes entirely around the phone with grills on the bottom for speaker outlets. Unfortunately one of the iPhone 5's mics used for noise cancellation is on the bottom as well. This creates a problem when making phone calls depending on your environment. If it's a little bit noisy, you will get a static feedback that comes through your earpiece and is extremely disturbing during a call. Other people don't hear it, it is just on your phone. Using no case or other cases which don't cover the speaker/mic, this feedback doesn't occur.
2) The volume and power buttons are very stiff making them difficult to press. The material the buttons are made out of do not allow enough give, so you have to push very hard towards the front of the buttons to get the inside extension to click the phone.
Future revisions of the case may be able to correct these problems or Apple may put out a fix for the static feedback issue, but for now I'm using a case that doesn't cover the mic outlet.
The TPU rubber that they use stretched out horribly, for me, and one little piece decided to detach from the polycarbonate frame, to the point where I think I'm going to replace the case with something else.
The fabric seems to have lasted all right, though it does end up getting dirty under normal use (it probably needs to be washed periodically; I bet shampoo would do the trick). There were a few frays and times that it decided to peel up a little since I got it, but I was always able to trim the frays off and press the peeled parts back down.
Reducing the rating to 2 stars. It's a great case while it lasts, but I think ~$30 is too much to pay for something that stays in good condition for less than 6 months under normal use.
--- Initial Review ---
- Looks to be decent to good protection (haven't tested it.. :) )
- The texture is awesome
- Doesn't get slippery when you hold It for a long time
- I think it looks really good
- Likely to get dirty, I suppose (not a problem for me so far, as I tend to be very careful with electronic devices)
- Feels like it absorbes the moisture from your fingers to some extent. I think I prefer this to it becoming slippery (as in a plastic/rubber case), but its still not my favorite
- The screen side of boarder, above the lightening connector is a bit too bendable, since there's nothing to support it. They couldn't have made it any other way, I think, and it doesn't really bother me, but still
- The lock button is noticeably harder to press. I'm fine with it, but it is a little annoying
- Dust tends to accumulate on the phone around the connectors and side switch, since they're open. Unavoidable, and not bad..Read more ›
Edited to add - Originally a 5 star review, written in Oct 2012. But by Feb 2013, the case is cracking - the plastic side bits are bending/buckling and one has actually broken. It's starting to catch on things and my son wants a new one. So this is now a fail. He actually takes good care of his phone (not throwing it anywhere!) It's been living is pocket for 3 months and is falling apart.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Im a big fan of Speck cases, but this one was terrible. It was really hard getting the case on and off the phone. Read morePublished 17 hours ago by Hdt
I love Speck cases. they are durable, and pretty. and my phone feels safe inside this case.Published 7 days ago by L. Elliott
I love this case. It's so cute and it protected my phone from a lot of falls the fabric was easy to clean.Published 27 days ago by Mandy Jensen
this is cute but it doesn't really fit well. i thought it might "stretch" with wear but it just doesn't quite fit.Published 28 days ago by solara star
It's not 100% clear from the picture, but this skin is a durable plastic shell with what feels like fabric bonded to the plastic. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Bruce P Osler
Good case thus far through 3-4 weeks of use. Good price, much thinner than an otter box, but seems to do the job.Published 1 month ago by Brent L Johnson