on June 28, 2012
I have a very high spirited toddler that is going through his terrible twos with tantrums and throwing stuff and all that "goodness" :)
I got the case because I wanted to allow him to use the iPad without me freaking out about it. I got a invisible screen protector on it and the iguy and I am impressed. had it for about a month and a half. it has been stepped on, tossed, tumbled and took about a 6 foot tall fall from the top of the tv, it kind of bounced and the iPad is fine :)
there are a few very small cons
1 it is kind of hard to use the charger because the arm is in the way and it is a very deep port through all the case, not impossible just takes a little getting used to.
2 it smelled so bad when I first got it OMG i actually went on the website to make sure its not made from some super toxic material ( it is not btw) i put it in the freezer for a little bit and that helped with the smell. It reeked for about two weeks and now it has no oder once o ever.
3 I also found that the incline when used on the lap is way more convenient when the iguy is upside down due to its teardrop shape, also just something to get used to nothing major at all

The handles are SUPER convenient for dragging it around
Because of the bulk if it falls flat on the screen it is still protected
super fun looking
genuinely a piece of mind.
I would recommend it for anyone that has a kid or is even just clumsy them selves :)

P/S two of my mommy friends already got them after playing with ours

Ohh and another huge plus if you have a hardshell thin case over the ipad for your own use then it will still fit into the iguy b4 you give it to your kid, without having to pull the case of. (assuming that it is a smooth very thin case not a rubberized one :)
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 16, 2012
The material is perfect for protection. If you are familiar with crocs shoes, this is the exact same material being used. It has a lot of this material surrounding the iPad. It is kind of bouncy, which is good to protect the device. My kids have tossed it several times and it holds very good to their abuse. The color selection is nice, and the green one makes a perfect unisex fit. The shape is good for kids little hands to handle. I like that it stands up by itself in its feet (literally). One flaw is that if you lay it on it's back, it has a negative inclination. It kind of make sense turning the iPad around to use it upside down. No big deal, but could have been designed with this in mind as well. One star off. The reason of the other star deduction is because the fit is not very snug. It is designed for iPad 1, and they claim it as for iPad 2, and others, but the reality is that they should not. It is not designed for iPad other than 1. My iPad 2 fits very loosely, the charging hole (and other holes) does not coincide perfectly with the jack holes. The iPad kind of rattles inside the case. They make this by thousands and should pay more attention to these kind of details. A re-design should be in order.
I would rate it better if I had an iPad 1. I am now looking for a better case that fits my iPad more snugly.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 1, 2013
Although it protects the IPad2 it is impossible to use attachments while in case. We must remove to charge or use headphones.
on June 26, 2012
This case works great for my first gen ipad, my toddler has dropped it on hardwood 3-4 times so far and it has protected it very well. The smell is pretty strong (smells like a new pr of Crocs) but wears off after a week or so. I highly reccomend.
on November 16, 2012
So I bought this because there were very few toddler case choices for the Original iPad. It did smell but it wasn't that awful rubbery smell so that was good... we could still use it right away and tolerate the smell until it dissipated. It is easy for my 2.5 year old to handle. I haven't had any issue with the ports and it does not deafen the volume of the iPad which is nice.

The cons in my opinion:

1) I'm not sure how long it will be until the handles start to see some wear and tear. My toddler had already twisted them about....they are in tact for now... but I could see it being a design flaw after having it for awhile.

2) It does not stand on it's own. I'm not sure why. I kinda wish the legs were shorter since it doesn't seem to want to stand...if the legs were shorter there would be less space between my toddler's lap and the device.

3) It is a bit difficult to get the iPad in and out of the case. If you think you'll be transferring it between an adult case and this you might consider a different product.

4) If you have a lot of apps that require you to hold the iPad vertically instead of horizontal it can be uncomfortable and awkward.

But overall, good product for a great price. I would buy it again.
on January 20, 2013
This case is just OK. It does protect the ipad from short drops and bumps. It's pretty cute, and was a neat way to present my son with his ipad2 for Christmas.

The negatives: You have to buy a screen protector separate. This would be fine but the charger slit in the case isn't perfectly aligned. It's nearly impossible to get the charger plugged in so we often take it out of the case. To remove and replace the case the ipad goes through the screen hole, which is a tight squeeze and it peels off the screen protector every time. Now there's dust and bubbles under the protector from the repeated lifting of the film. The headphones hole is small and round, so if your headphones plug isn't straight you really have to push to get it in. My son uses the Sony over-the-ear ones, which have an L shaped bend near the plug. An adult has to really push to get it to plug all the way in. My last complaint is that the arms are very pliable. Every time my 5 year old grabs one of the arms it twists around and looks like its going to snap off. I thought they would have been stiffer. Our iGuy really won't stand up on its own either, but that doesn't really effect this review. It always sits in my sons lap anyways and its easy enough to prop it up on something if he's watching a movie.

I wish I would have paid the extra and gotten the more functional (but less kid-looking) Otterbox. This his might be good if it were a little cheaper. For what we paid - thirty bucks - seems a bit high for foam.
on February 16, 2013
This is a very cute case and our daughter LOVES it. It's pretty solidly built and can take a beating. There are a few cons that make me score it only three stars though.

1. The charging cable port doesn't line up properly with my iPad 3 thus I have to remove the iPad from the case, which is a pain cause it's tough to get out. And then having to take it in and out of the case so much I'm sure it'll split on one of the sides eventually.
2. The feet aren't perfectly flat so it does wobble when standing up. If they were even slightly concave it would be perfect.
3. It's awkward to use if an app needs to be in portrait mode.
on October 15, 2013
I don't understand all of these good reviews! Did no one else have this problem? The iguy was simply too big for my ipad 2. It can almost slide right out. Aside from that, this thing is massive! It would have hardly fit in my diaper bag.
on August 19, 2012
Yes, it does have an unpleasant odor on arrival -- but we expected that. So it came straight out of the package and into the kitchen sink, for a good soap and water scrub. After that, I put it in front of the AC fan for several hours. By bedtime the smell was only detectable when I put my nose right up to the iGuy case.

I like that this case renders my iPad about 95% less likely to be damaged if my six year old puts it down somewhere less than secure, or if I am using it in a chair above a hard linoleum floor.

I like that the feet hold my iPad two inches higher off my belly when I hold it on my lap in bed.

I like that I can slide my iPad into the iGuy without removing the slim-fit case that always stays on, and that it is possible (though, unavoidably due to all this padding, a little inconvenient) to plug in the charger while the iPad is cocooned inside.

I wouldn't complain if the feet stood another inch higher, or if the right arm were angled so that it held the pad straight when viewed vertically -- but these are wishes, not issues.

I have a slight latex sensitivity, and I have noticed some minor reactions to the iGuy; if you have a significant latex allergy, I would carefully examine the material that this case is made of before purchase.

But overall, I am quite pleased!
on January 30, 2013
I saw this at a friend's house and thought it would be perfect for my 3 year old who loves to carry the iPad around. Unfortunately it was nearly impossible to plug and unplug the charger cord and I had trouble adjusting the volume when it was on. I was actually really disappointed to have to return it.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations