5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!
Published on January 9, 2012 by Mudcurls

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much good
Right off the bat my first one arrived extremely scratched up due to the poor packaging. My second one also had scratches, but was tolerable. Maybe I'm picky, but the whole point of this case is to have protection without covering up the Macbooks nice look.

Published on January 9, 2012 by Jon R

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, January 9, 2012
Awesome product. This case which prices $50 plus @ the Apple Store is the same exact item. I was a little hesitant to purchase this item because of the mixed reviews. The product was shipped beautifully in original packaging. The shipper shipped out the product the same day I ordered it , actually within hours. I received this product on a Monday after ordering on Saturday afternoon. I only have positive things to say. This was easy out of the package and snapped on my Mac right away. Fit is perfect, no slippage no misalignment it fits perfectly! I would definitely order from this seller again in the future. If you have any doubts, put them at rest. The colour raspberry in which I ordered is exactly that. It looks amazing on the Mac .You can see the APPLE logo glow through the case and it looks fabulous. I am so happy finally to make the decision to order the case to protect my Mac investment! Happy Shopping!

4.0 out of 5 stars CLEAR is not rubberized, November 3, 2011
Mike (Gilbert, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speck Products See Thru Hard Shell Case for MacBook Pro 15-Inch Aluminum Unibody Only, Clear (SPK-A0446) (Personal Computers)
i like this cover, it fits well, snug, strong and doesn't add much weight or thickness to my MBP. i ordered CLEAR becuase i didnt want it to draw much attention but what i expected is not what arrived. i am referring to "Smooth yet grippy rubberized exterior texture." which i know applies to the BLACK version but not this one. given i had never seen it, (i have seen and felt the black version), i had to ref the despcription. its hard to tell in the pictures but i was expecting a clear or semi-white 'fog' cover, this item, the clear, is CRYSTAL CLEAR and SMOOTH which makes it slightly slippery. that aside, it still looks good and is not obtrusive. i do recommend it but note that the CLEAR version is not rubberized

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with the product !!, December 5, 2011
The cover was exactly the way described. Fits perfectly in my mac pro 15". I was bit worried if it will make the laptop heavy or bulky but it still looks slim and just the same weight. The only hesitation i felt was that my mac is getting more heated that before. But I would prefer a little extra heat than having scratches or fear of dropping and breaking it. I recommend it to every Mac lover !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much good, January 9, 2012

For protection, it's not even that great. Oh sure, it will stop a foreign object from ruining your Macbook, but the case itself scratches. It's problem is it has a nice snug fit (probably to cut down on bulk), which initially sounds good. But the snug fit means that if you move your Macbook while the case is on, it rubs on the metal leaving marks. It also has several clips to keep it securely attached, Again a good idea, but the clips too leave marks.

My Macbook looks worse than ever thanks to this lousy case. I had to buy a new bottom cover for my Macbook (ok I didn't HAVE to, but it was all scratched up), but can't do anything about the marks left on the cover and sides other than pay Apple to fix it. Since this case doesn't protect against drops, there is simply no point in wasting money on it. If you want real protection, I suggest the Invisibleshield by Zagg, or a case with a rubber interior that doesn't cause damage.

It baffles me why it has gotten such good reviews. Perhaps people haven't checked under the cover to see the damage it did to their Macbooks.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Good and the Bad, August 2, 2012
I bought this because i want to protect my 3 grand Mac from scratches and dings.

PROS-

1) It is easy to install
2) It is see through clear

CONS-

1) I do feel that the Mac overheats with this cover on. If i am doing CPU intensive work i take it off so Mac can stay cooler.
2) The piece that goes on back of the display does not fit well. It looks like a Bubble. I have removed it since it made my mac look ugly- I now only use the bottom piece to protect from scratches and dings where it matters most.
3) It has a cheap plastic feel

Mostly i am satisfied with it. However I am most concerned about Mac overheating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, October 26, 2012
A few months back, I dropped my macbook on my basement floor. Luckily, the only damage was a small dent on one of the corners. That made me start thinking about getting a shell. Then, just a week ago, I dropped the big plug part of the charger on the lid and left a small dent. That was my wake up call to get a shell if I wanted my computer to last. One of my friends suggested this product, and I trusted her enough to go with her suggestion. I love it. It looks cool and it gives you access to all the ports. The side button to see the battery life is a little hard to press, but I never use that button so it's not an issue for me. It also gets fingerprints on it easily, but it's really easy to clean. I'll definitely be suggesting Speck to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE IT!!, October 24, 2011
I was really surprised with how much I liked this. I was scared it woud make the the computer bulky and be annoying. But it doesn't do that at all. I feel like it's so much more protected from little things and it's great not having to worry about that. Also, it's pink! It's a pretty deep pink, almost red depending on the lighting. But I think it's super cute! I would definitely recommend this case :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied with this purchase! Good case!, January 20, 2012
Case came with a small scratch, but luckily it was on the bottom part.

Pros:
- Looks very clean (with the exception of a speck logo engraved into the top case).
- Does its job of protecting my MBP from scratches.
- Fits well (it snaps right on) and also easy to take off.

Cons:
- Occasionally the bottom of my MBP begins to get very hot.
- Dust collects between the case and the laptop.

One of my worries is that the case will not stay on over time. It seems as though every time I take the case off it starts coming off easier after each time. However, this is just me being paranoid - the case looks amazing and has saved my macbook pro many times already!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Cover!, October 26, 2012
This snapped in place an protects the beautiful MacBook Pro. Now I can use it without fear of scratching it.

1.0 out of 5 stars overheats, July 11, 2012
C. Kohlhepp (north carolina) - See all my reviews
The bottom panel contains too much heat, leading to overheating and shutdown. Probably okay if all you do is check email, but not if you actually drive the processor.

Rate and Discover Movies