Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on January 9, 2012
Awesome product. This case which prices $50 plus @ the Apple Store is the same exact item. I was a little hesitant to purchase this item because of the mixed reviews. The product was shipped beautifully in original packaging. The shipper shipped out the product the same day I ordered it , actually within hours. I received this product on a Monday after ordering on Saturday afternoon. I only have positive things to say. This was easy out of the package and snapped on my Mac right away. Fit is perfect, no slippage no misalignment it fits perfectly! I would definitely order from this seller again in the future. If you have any doubts, put them at rest. The colour raspberry in which I ordered is exactly that. It looks amazing on the Mac .You can see the APPLE logo glow through the case and it looks fabulous. I am so happy finally to make the decision to order the case to protect my Mac investment! Happy Shopping!
on November 3, 2011
i like this cover, it fits well, snug, strong and doesn't add much weight or thickness to my MBP. i ordered CLEAR becuase i didnt want it to draw much attention but what i expected is not what arrived. i am referring to "Smooth yet grippy rubberized exterior texture." which i know applies to the BLACK version but not this one. given i had never seen it, (i have seen and felt the black version), i had to ref the despcription. its hard to tell in the pictures but i was expecting a clear or semi-white 'fog' cover, this item, the clear, is CRYSTAL CLEAR and SMOOTH which makes it slightly slippery. that aside, it still looks good and is not obtrusive. i do recommend it but note that the CLEAR version is not rubberized
on December 5, 2011
The cover was exactly the way described. Fits perfectly in my mac pro 15". I was bit worried if it will make the laptop heavy or bulky but it still looks slim and just the same weight. The only hesitation i felt was that my mac is getting more heated that before. But I would prefer a little extra heat than having scratches or fear of dropping and breaking it. I recommend it to every Mac lover !!
VINE VOICEon January 9, 2012
Right off the bat my first one arrived extremely scratched up due to the poor packaging. My second one also had scratches, but was tolerable. Maybe I'm picky, but the whole point of this case is to have protection without covering up the Macbooks nice look.

For protection, it's not even that great. Oh sure, it will stop a foreign object from ruining your Macbook, but the case itself scratches. It's problem is it has a nice snug fit (probably to cut down on bulk), which initially sounds good. But the snug fit means that if you move your Macbook while the case is on, it rubs on the metal leaving marks. It also has several clips to keep it securely attached, Again a good idea, but the clips too leave marks.

My Macbook looks worse than ever thanks to this lousy case. I had to buy a new bottom cover for my Macbook (ok I didn't HAVE to, but it was all scratched up), but can't do anything about the marks left on the cover and sides other than pay Apple to fix it. Since this case doesn't protect against drops, there is simply no point in wasting money on it. If you want real protection, I suggest the Invisibleshield by Zagg, or a case with a rubber interior that doesn't cause damage.

It baffles me why it has gotten such good reviews. Perhaps people haven't checked under the cover to see the damage it did to their Macbooks.
on August 2, 2012
I bought this because i want to protect my 3 grand Mac from scratches and dings.

PROS-

1) It is easy to install
2) It is see through clear

CONS-

1) I do feel that the Mac overheats with this cover on. If i am doing CPU intensive work i take it off so Mac can stay cooler.
2) The piece that goes on back of the display does not fit well. It looks like a Bubble. I have removed it since it made my mac look ugly- I now only use the bottom piece to protect from scratches and dings where it matters most.
3) It has a cheap plastic feel

Mostly i am satisfied with it. However I am most concerned about Mac overheating.
on October 26, 2012
A few months back, I dropped my macbook on my basement floor. Luckily, the only damage was a small dent on one of the corners. That made me start thinking about getting a shell. Then, just a week ago, I dropped the big plug part of the charger on the lid and left a small dent. That was my wake up call to get a shell if I wanted my computer to last. One of my friends suggested this product, and I trusted her enough to go with her suggestion. I love it. It looks cool and it gives you access to all the ports. The side button to see the battery life is a little hard to press, but I never use that button so it's not an issue for me. It also gets fingerprints on it easily, but it's really easy to clean. I'll definitely be suggesting Speck to my friends.
on October 24, 2011
I was really surprised with how much I liked this. I was scared it woud make the the computer bulky and be annoying. But it doesn't do that at all. I feel like it's so much more protected from little things and it's great not having to worry about that. Also, it's pink! It's a pretty deep pink, almost red depending on the lighting. But I think it's super cute! I would definitely recommend this case :)
on February 14, 2016
Great product. Most laptops are really expensive nowadays, and are devices that are useful in our every day life, so if you want to keep your laptop in great condition, this case is the way to go. I have 2 Macbook Pro laptops, and I've purchase this case for both of them, and I've never had any issues with the case. My laptops, also look as new now as they did, when I removed them from the box.
on February 9, 2013
Before I purchased this item, I made sure to do my research. I went to the manufacturer's website, watched videos and read other customer reviews. I knew EXACTLY what I was purchasing prior to purchasing the item: a clear plastic case without any sort of rubberization to it. Once received, I couldn't be happier. I picked the girliest girl color I could (raspberry) and it's SOOOOO pretty. I also made sure to read the instructions included with the case (something that I think most people fail to do). MAKE SURE YOUR CASE IS CLEAN BEFORE YOU PUT ON THE CASE!!! This can not be stressed enough. For $30, I don't know why people expect this thing to protect their Mac against every aspect of life. No, you can't just drop the comp and expect it to work like new. No, you can't completely disregard the instructions and not bother to get out the small particles of debris that get trapped between the case and the comp. If you do, you deserve what you get...a Mac that is horribly and irreparably scratched. There's a reason why the instructions clearly state to take the case off at least once a month and clean between your comp and the case; there's a small gap between the body of the comp and the case. Duh people...READ!!!! The only way you're gonna get complete scratch protection is if you adhere some sort of plastic sticker-type thing DIRECTLY to the body of the comp. If you are an informed buyer, then I don't see how you can complain about something that you did your research on. If you're not informed, shame on you for not bothering to read.
on February 2, 2012
The first shell I received had a slight scratch on the top portion. Amazon sent a new one within two days and it was in pristine condition. When you open the package you are slightly disappointed because it looks cheap. However, once you snap it into place it protects your mac and gives it a sleek appearance. Which leads me to the problem of putting it on. If there is a hair, smudge, dust, or marking underneath the top portion then it will bug the hell out of you. The positive aspect is once you learn how to take on and off the covering it is a breeze. My advice would be to clean your mac thoroughly and just be watchful when you're snapping it on. The excellent customer service by Amazon, price, protection and sleek appearance leads me to fully endorse this product.

See 1 answered question