4.0 out of 5 stars Pixelskin HD for iPhone 5
Published 19 months ago by Jono

2.0 out of 5 stars Not there - different fit than the 4/4S HD model
I have had 2 Pixel HD cases for my prior iPhone 4 and loved them for the fit and raised edge that allowed me to place my phone face down on a table. Just got my Pixel HD for my new iPhone 5 and it just does not fit the same:

1. The depth is about a business card thickness too much inside causing the corners to wiggle a little.
2. The lip edge is much...
Published 19 months ago by J. Utter

4.0 out of 5 stars Pixelskin HD for iPhone 5, September 30, 2012
First impressions are that this case is the best iPhone case i have ever owned hands down. I previously owned an iPhone 4 and had a variety of cases on it such as a Gryffin one with a fabric back, apple bumper and a speck candyshell grip. This case is very slim and feels very nice in the hand, it also has an adequate lip around the edge of the phone which is great for laying it face down.
I definitely think this lip is perfectly sized any bigger and it would make the case to thick, the other review says it should be bigger but i completely disagree. The lip is about 2mm which is great as it doesn't get in the way at all. With mine it is definitely a snug fit with no movement at all even when squeezing it. Also a good feature is it doesn't cover any of the screen as some cases come over the edge and would be trouble for any screen protector, this case will have no problem with any full sized screen protector.
The buttons all feel very responsive with no extra effort at all. One last great feature of this case are the cutouts. I measured the headphone cutout at approximately 7mm so double the size of the 3.5mm headphone jack which is large enough for most headphones. The charging post also has a large cutout as well as the ring/silent switch is easily accessible without needing to get your nail in there.
The only thing that i'm not really sure about with these speck cases are the speaker/microphone cutouts which are many little holes which don't seem to match up with all of the speaker holes on the phone. This doesn't seem to be a problem though as the speaker is still just as loud with the case on.
Overall this is a very good case for the money and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a long lasting case that is slim with a cool design.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not there - different fit than the 4/4S HD model, September 28, 2012
J. Utter (SW Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speck Products PixelSkin HD Rubberized Case for iPhone 5/5s - Retail Packaging - Harbor Blue (Wireless Phone Accessory)

2. The lip edge is much smaller with a lower profile and barely prevents the face glass from making contact with a flat surface when placing the phone face down.

This would have been a great IF Speck had used about an extra 1 mm of TPU all around and 1-2 mm more of a raised lip edge. It seems very rushed to market.

Unfortunately, this case is being returned and I cannot recommend this new model for the iPhone 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit, quality seems same as iphone 4 Pixelskin HD, October 4, 2012
I bought this case because I had a Pixelskin HD case for my iPhone 4 and was very happy with it. This one seems to be the same... but for the iPhone 5.

Fit:
Some other reviews mentioned that the fit is loose- maybe Speck adjusted their molds or something, but I bought mine a few days ago and it is VERY tight. The case does not wiggle at all.

Headphone jack hole:
The hole for the headphone jack is about as big as it can be based on the thickness of the phone (and case). If your headphone plug is large (thick), you may have to take the case off to plug it in (same as with the iPhone 4 Pixelskin HD).

Front "lip":
Another review mentioned the front lip was not deep enough to raise the screen off a surface if you put the phone face down. I find this is not the case. The lip is ~1.5mm, which is enough to keep the screen raised when the phone is face down.

Anyway I'm pretty happy with this case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best iPhone case I have found, October 4, 2012
Very pleased with this iPhone 5 case. The soft touch finish is great - it feels great in the hand and offers enough grip to feel secure, while still allowing it to easily slide in and out of pockets or bags. It is very resistant to scratches, scuffs, and discoloration, a problem with other cases. The fit is almost perfect, the only issue being due to the new beveled design of the iPhone 5 front edges, which makes the fit ever so slightly looser than this same style case was on the iPhone 4S, but I have not found it to be a problem. Best of all this case maintains the great aesthetics and feel of the iPhone 5 while still offering a good level of protection, all without adding unwanted bulk to the size of the phone. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Speck Customer Service, December 19, 2012
Loose fit jiggles a bit and the volume + sort of pushes and the - hardly pushes at all. I've formerly owned the 4/4S PixelSkin HD.

After giving Speck the SKU, Barcode, and Serial Number molded in the rubber when it was made...They sent me an email back telling me they believed it wasn't a authentic Speck case and I could ship it to them for replacement. However if they determined it wasn't authentic it would be sent to their "legal department" they wouldn't be sending the case nor a replacement back.

This was a Prime item that was purchased.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wiggle room?, October 5, 2012
Jeff Segal (Danville, CA United States) - See all my reviews
While the exterior design, grip and functionality of the case are up to par with my previous case from Speck for the 4, the fit to the phone itself is poor. As with the 4, I expected a tight, wiggle-free fit that made me feel like the case was part of the phone. This one feels a bit like a bar of soap in a hallway. Ok I exaggerate, but that's my level of disappointment.

Right now I have two business cards in the case behind the phone, which helps the fit down the length of the sides, but the corners still wiggle. I'm debating on whether to tinker with this further or just send it back.

If you are a loyal Speck user, I'd recommend waiting a few months till they have a chance to correct the fit. I'm sure they will.

1.0 out of 5 stars No where near the same quality as before!, November 6, 2012
I previously owned a Speck Pixelskin HD for my iPhone 4 and the fitment, feel and overall quality far exceeded the case for the iPhone 5. The lip around the edges on the front of the case do not actually fit the phone almost as if it were manufactured based on prototype specs rather than an actual iPhone 5. Also the mold that was used during manufacturing left rough lines all around the front and back of the case which are very noticeable needed to be trimmed with a razor knife to make the case halfway carrying. Overall, I am extremely disappointed in the product and felt the need to warn others before they decide on purchasing the case. I found out that the rocketfish TPU soft case from Best Buy fits and feels much much better than the Speck!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dramatic quality drop from iPhone 4 case - do not buy, November 13, 2012
To start, I have the Speck PixelSkin for my iPhone 4. Unfortunately, the iPhone 5 case is nowhere near in quality to the previous version.

* Fit is poor - seems to be issue with quality control, a few out there may fit, but many do not. Odds are yours won't fit either. Mine appears just a tad on the small side, with the edges pulling away from the screen.

* The edges of the case are poorly cut, some areas are rough, and others have overhanging bits of plastic.

* The case simply feels cheap compared to the iPhone 4 case.

This case is very disappointing when compared to earlier versions, and I will be returning mine.

2.0 out of 5 stars It says that it is rubberized case, but…, July 5, 2013
The case is a very nice medium red. But it did not work for me, because the back is just plastic. This sides and the inside of the case are rubberized. The plastic in the back makes it a very slippery case. I send it back for a refund. I think the description is somewhat misleading, because it says "rubberized case", so I obviously was under the assumption that it is rubberized all over.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit, January 1, 2013
James Dunn (Hawthorne, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Bought directly from manufacturer after this and got a perfect one. Not good for this distributor. Should see why it's not fitting.

ARRAY(0xa5cebe58)