Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Speck SeeThru Satin MacBook Air 11-Inch Black (Fits Late 2010 and June 2011 Releases of MacBook Air 11 Inch), SPK-A0229
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 13, 2011
Speck gives you what it promises: lightweight protection for the Air. And its cool that when the Air is powered up, the Apple logo shines through clearly. The only thing that prevents this from getting five starts are picky points, but they might be important to other buyers. The case is a good matte finish, which is easy to hold and not slippery, but it does show occasional fingerprints if you're a little sweaty. Not a deal breaker. The other thing that is a bit more aggravating is that the slight weight of the top cover sometimes forces the Air's screen to fold all the way back if you've got it angled just at the right point. There are times when (like in writing this review, which I'm typing on the Air) I prefer to have the Speck off - the Air just seems a little more nimble and lighter without it. It's not the easiest to snap on and off if you do it daily, but if you're looking for good, stylish and pretty sturdy protection, I'd go for this Speck.
on May 6, 2011
It definitely adds weight to the thin and light Macbook Air. It doesn't add much girth, which is great.

The big drawback is the added weight on the screen is obviously not what the hinge is intended for, so the screen tends to fall back if not on a stable surface. A very small issue, but worth mentioning.

Overall, it's a GREAT product.
on October 24, 2011
After using it for more than a month , I can say that it saved my macbook air from a lot of scratches and a small bump. It's a great exterior protector from minor bumps and major scratches. Though one thing that concerns me is that, when I do heavy multitasking or edit something in iMovie on my laptop, it gets more hot that it would have normally. And the clip on system isn't really that effective when taking off, it sticks very tightly. And people worrying if this would put scratches in your laptop, no it wont.
on January 10, 2012
With this case on, people mistake my Macbook Air for iPad or black version of Macbook Air. Apple logo glowing through this case is really gorgeous.
But it tends to capture the heat inside the case. Also it adds weight to the screen, making screen to lean forward. Can be annoying at times.
One time I dropped my Macbook Air on a hard asphalt road but the case protected the laptop very well.
on January 21, 2013
This is the best case for the air in my opinion. The only reason I gave it four stars is, after using this case, I decided that the macbook air would be better to be used without any case. This case is VERRY slim, and VERRY light. Yet, inspite of that, it added enough weight to the computer that it made it too easy for the monitor to become weighed down and not stay where I wanted it. The hinge is fine without it and opens without tipping back or without any trouble at all. So, giving it just a little too much weight causes this little problem.

So, I don't know if the tipping back problem was with only the older macbook airs and Apple fixed it by greasing the hinge better, or if that problem comes after they get a little older and begin to stiffen up. Hinges can go either way when they get old, depending on their design. So, I put it on a shelf just incase my hinge gets stiff a little down the road.
on April 20, 2011
Apart from being one of the slimest cases around, it's specially-designed stabilizing feet makes it real easy to open a MacBook Air. The case allows the Apple logo to continue it's glow on the front which made it even more worthy.
on January 6, 2014
Overall this case provides good protection for my laptop. It has randomly developed cracks all over the place even though I have not dropped it nor do I take it off. It's slightly translucent so you can see the apple, especially when it's glowing. And it has a rubbarized texture so gripping it feels solid. The feet are removable if you want to pop them out.
on May 3, 2013
This cover has gotten a lot of attention from everyone who has seen me with my MacAir. In fact, one guy thought that the new Mac Air was coming out in black! I think it looks really slick and professional, plus it feels nice. Draw back is that it's already cracked on the sides from minor bumbs, so don't expect heavy duty protection for your Mac. For the most part it will do well for minor bumbs and will protect from scratches. If you want something more durable, look for another cover or casing. I take my Mac in a bag where ever I go, so I'm not to concerned. Oh and it looks really cool, especially when the apple logo ligts up!
on October 27, 2012
I don't review products right after receiving the item because what may appear great or bad can turn out the opposite. However, after having this for the last 6 months I have to say this is probably the best case I have came across for the MBA. It is light, snaps on easily (no worries about scratching the MBA when it does go on). Cool effect for the Apple logo to shine through and covers all the corners of the MBA nicely, while still leaving all ports open for easy access. If you are looking for a great case and reasonably priced, you can't go wrong with this case.
on December 18, 2012
I bought this product used, and it came in almost perfect condition. My only issue with this case is that the fingerprints appear everywhere. I would've preferred the dark green color, but I bought the black because it was cheaper. If you don't want fingerprints, I suggest purchasing a lighter color.

EDIT: About 6 months later, this case has cracked at pretty much every connection point, so the laptop may not be as secure as it used to be. I've dropped my laptop maybe once or twice, and that was only about 2 feet, off of my bed, onto carpet. The cracks are growing, and I really think the case is too fragile to be worth the price.