4.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good, Sounds Good, Works Good
Published 22 months ago by Sean F. Hanson

1.0 out of 5 stars Air Filter
This is not as described the filter is for a 2.75 in tube is was to small wouldn't fit but very easy to return.

Ken
Published 21 months ago by Wallowaband

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good, Sounds Good, Works Good, June 3, 2012
This review is from: Spectre Performance 8136 Blue 4" Air Filter (Automotive)
I really like the way this looks, sounds, and performs under the hood of my Durango (stock air filtration was worthless.) I do agree with a previous reviewer that the description could be changed from "Includes filter oil" to "Pre-oiled". The former gives the impression that it comes with a separate can of filter oil, which could potentially be used more than once. I also disagree with another previous reviewer that this filter isn't tough enough. For $30, and for the average user, it's plenty tough. I will probably buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars this product description is misrepresented, July 23, 2009
Richard W. Zewe (League City, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spectre Performance 8136 Blue 4" Air Filter (Automotive)
It plainly states that it comes with the filter oil. There is no filter oil in the package I received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Spectre Performance 8136 Blue 4" Air Filter (Automotive)
What can i say? Its a cheap intake that does what its supposed to, nothing fancy well worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars i bought this because its washable/more hp, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Spectre Performance 8136 Blue 4" Air Filter (Automotive)
so i bought this because i wanted to replace my current filter, and just decided to get this one. so i could wash it. instead of buying a new one again and again.

it fit fine, good quality filter, kinda heavy actually. one problem though, with normal driving before and after, this has decreased my MPG. i have a obd2 reader, and its kinda of weird, the air flow is higher than my original, but the fuel trim is getting higher, also.

almost like the car is taking in more air, and has to mix more gas with that air to keep the air/fuel ratio.

its not noticed immediately, just after time, maybe a week or two, youll notice the loss of mpg, its not much, but when your only driving 3 miles to work, put 5 gal of gas in your car, which used to get you to work for a week, or so, turns into 4 days, obviously im not on a track, but i dont use AC, kick on it, anything like that. temp has been about the same, no added weight.

so to just put the variable to sleep, i had consistent milage no matter the temp outside, if i kicked on it, more people, etc.

i was getting about 22-23mpg.

i switched back to my original air filter, after a couple weeks, the mpg came back.

so its up to you, and your car how this works out for you.
it does make a deep rumble sound if you kick on it, but obviously your using alot more gas doing so.

newer cars have to keep a certain air/fuel ratio. for your catalytic converter, and several other reasons. but the old cars without all the computers and stuff, i'd imagine these to work better on, but i dont have one, and cant tell you.

so good luck, looks cool, washable, sounds good, nice quality air filter, just my car in my specific situation i had a few mpg loss.
may not be your situation.

i would recommend to a friend,

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice filter, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Spectre Performance 8136 Blue 4" Air Filter (Automotive)
It's everything an air filter should be fits perfect on my AEM cold air intake and look good thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars multi fit, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Spectre Performance 8136 Blue 4" Air Filter (Automotive)
this is the 3rd one i have purchased-it has multi fit adapters for different diameters-mostly can just replace oem filter by just installing and removing air box cover that is on oem round filters-not 100% sure if will work on all vehicles?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for cheap., February 25, 2014
This review is from: Spectre Performance 8136 Blue 4" Air Filter (Automotive)
This is great for what it is. I have it on my mustang. Looks great and gives it the air it needs. If you have to use the spacers be careful. Not the best design. I didn't use any spacers on the mustang. Intake was big enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed at the quality..., February 18, 2014
This review is from: Spectre Performance 8136 Blue 4" Air Filter (Automotive)
I've been tuning all kinds of cars for a long time. I'm in the process of selling my Lexus Is300 and needed a filter to replace my used AEM cold air intake filter. If anyone is familiar with AEM, it's a great product but also comes along with a large price tag. The filters are very expensive. So I opted to try another manufacturer and went with this Spectre. The specs were good concerning flow rates. On par with AEM and K&N. I'd never heard of Spectre but took a chance...glad I did! Fitment was great. Quality seemed to be there. Looks good. Check, check, check!!! I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again if I needed another filter. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Spectre Performance 8136 Blue 4" Air Filter (Automotive)
This is a very nice filter! I couldn't be happier!! It fits good and looks and work great too!! Thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Spectre Performance 8136 Blue 4" Air Filter (Automotive)
I bought it to use on a kit for my Ranger but now it is being used on our Scion xB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›