Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 5, 2014
Yes I said it sucks, its an intake that's what it does it sucks air and dam good too. Have about a week with and I love my truck runs so much better. Before I felt my truck like something was clogged or it wasn't breathing right. This is what it needed.

Truck: 2001 GMC sierra 250,000miles original owner

I'm thinking of buying the silver one for my 09_ Tahoe ... I would recommend you to get this if your trying to improve the performance of your car/truck. And it sounds excellent when I chase down rice rockets!!!!
on July 14, 2015
I was kinda skeptical about the Spectre intake kit at first, but after installation I am glad I didn't waste my money on anything more expensive. They use quality parts and it's easy to install! I have a 2002 Chevrolet 2500HD with the 6.0L motor.
on May 27, 2013
Like the Intake appearance,fit and installation. Arrived on time and can notice an increase in the acceleration but to soon for mileage comparison.
on September 23, 2014
This thing has a lot of great reviews so I thought I would try it, some suggesting better gas mileage, others noticeable sound and performance. If you're going for gas mileage, this will not help at all. The box says it adds 12 horsepower which is pretty insignificant on a truck. I notice a slight increase in power when starting from a stop but overall, it's not worth it and I wouldn't buy it again.
on June 16, 2015
OK I just install the Spectre Performance 9900 Air Breather...WOW THIS IS AMAZEING! Ok the product took two days two arriving and was double boxed which was nice. It had wrap in between the two boxes two protect it. The product was undamaged and looked great in the box. It took less then 20 minutes to install. It really makes the engine bay look mean. I took the truck for a spin and here is where the product shines... the stock sound of a vortec is a great sound to a chevy guy but the roar that came from under the hood when I stomp the gas was almost orgasmic. And the power difference is instantly noticeable as well. I would definitely recommend this produce to anyone looking for a cheap power boost to their small block vortec you won't be disappointed
on August 8, 2015
This product did improve my horsepower and mileage. Only problem is at about 2200 RPM there is such a loud noise from the engine that it makes its way into the cabin and you can hardly hear anyone in the cabin talk to you. It's very and annoying. Other than that the product has worked fine if you avoid said RPM.
on July 10, 2014
This intake kit is a great buy. I bought this product from jegs for the exact same price. ( I am a Jegs Member, so i get practically free shipping.)Bought it for my 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500, Single cab, 5.3L, 5 speed, with just over 91000 miles on it. I am an experienced mechanic and this was by far the easiest install i have ever done. The holes for bolting in the heat shield did not match up to the holes 100% but it wasnt by much, but then again when does anything aftermarket fit perfect. lol. I just pulled it 1/4 to 1/2 an inch and it lined up....just needed a little motivation. all other connections were perfect fit. I read quite a few reviews about the filter being too big and hitting the side wall?????? I have no clue what they were talking about. I am going to assume they did not do the install correctly. Im guessing they didnt slip the couplers on completely? I dont know. Mine was a perfect fit. Plenty of room to remove just the filter for cleaning or replacement. No working it in or out. lol....The only problem that i had out of the product is that after the instalation was complete i noticed that the radiator hose was in contact with the intake tube. With the tube being made from polished aluminum it heats up very easily and becomes hot which heats the air going through it to the throttle body. Some inexperienced buyers need to know that there is a small grey clip on your mass air flow (MAF) sensor that must be removed before you can unplug the sensor. Everything you need to install comes in the box. Instructions are pretty clear. When you install the heat shield, the next step is to install a shock absorber onto the heat shield. You will have to adjust the absorber up or down to avoid and rubbing between your couplers and the heat shield. Overall, i am very pleased with the product. Easy to install. There is a gain in power and there is a noticeable sound difference from the engine bay. If you have an exhaust system installed it makes a difference there as well......not to mention the eye candy it is under the hood. I can guarantee you it will make your vehicle look anything but stock and impress all your mechanic friends. Best bang for your buck. One other concern i had was if it came with a rechargeable filter and if they were as easy to recharge as k&n.....it does come with a rechargeable filter. Basically the exact same method for cleaning but you have to buy the spectre recharge kit, not k&n. I just installed it yesterday so i havent been able to see if the fuel mileage will be any better. I do know that your fuel mileage will decrease at first untill your computer can adjust itself to the new air flow. I highly recommend this product. Great job Spectre......
on August 3, 2015
Has given me about 2 extra mpg and seems to tow our travel trailer a bit easier. Looked at a You Tube video before installing and it was pretty straightforward and simple to install. It was amazing how much plastic from the OEM intake that was removed! Also has a nice sound now as you accelerate. So far no issues.
on March 29, 2015
Looks great! The cone is was bigger than in the pictures and really gives it an aggressive look when you pop the hood. The only install issue i had was with the bolts lining up on the heat shield that comes with the kit. The box connects to the original mounting holes for the inlet of your stock air box however in my 07 Silverado Classic they did not line up well at all. If i lined the bottom holes up the the holes for the box were not aligned properly. It took a little bit of fab to get it to come together but besides that i have no complaints. The look and sound made it worth the price. In defense of the manufacturer the 07 classic model is a hard vehicle to make parts for, lots of minor differences between the classic and an 06' or 07' new body style.
on April 8, 2013
I bought CAI for both MPG and power/torque. Fast easy install, all parts included exc. rubber on filter side MAF. Use original rubber ring. Sounds great and looks show quality at a price far better than competition.