5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for--right? Absolutely, yes this time.
Just switched to this antenna from cable/DTV. Ridiculously easy set up. Excellent product! 27 crystal clear channels. Worth the price!
Published 23 months ago by Lee Daniels

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
Published 22 months ago by Michael

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Spectrum Antenna Indoor Long Range Outdoor Tv Antenna 40db Gain Sp813 (Electronics)
Ok I have a set of amp'd bunny ears from Radio Shack that I have gotten 2 channels in for a long time. ABC and FOX. I am in the military so I leave alot and cable always continues to bill me while I am not home so I said I would try this antenna out after reading the website. What a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!! not only is it over priced I now only get ABC. They make many claims all of which for me were false. I spent over $150 with shipping and the Radio Shack set does more and cost me $18. Stay away and save your money!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money!, August 10, 2013
This antenna will pick up 150 miles away, except it won't pick up any Knoxville stations less than half that distance from me. This antenna will pick up 150 miles away, except it picks up ZERO VHF stations in Chattanooga, which is less than a third that distance from me. This means I paid 130 bucks plus $12.49 shipping for what turned out to be a UHF ONLY antenna with barely a better UHF range than the 90 dollar antenna I already had and most likely the UHF only antennas that you can buy here and everywhere for even less than 90. Let me state precisely. I got ZEROS on every VHF channel meter in both Knoxville and Chattanooga and ZEROS on all Chattanooga VHF stations, not low quality reception. NO RECEPTION AT ALL!

People that give these types of long range antennas glowing reviews are people that live 10 miles out of some metropolitan area and don't know a regular antenna will do the same job for less money. They THINK they're getting a better picture because they buy lies like this thing has a 40 gain amplifier and that's why the 150 mile distance is achievable despite all other indoor/outdoor antennas only claiming half that range. Putting it outside isn't going to make up enough reception to overcome the ZEROS inside either since it's been in every spot in my garage apartment and moved inch by inch since I got it with still ZERO reception. The antenna I already had included a VHF/UHF splitter so that 90 dollar antenna that shipped FOR FREE is getting the VHF and this antenna that cost 54 dollars more with shipping is getting the UHF with only slightly better reception.

Because Amazon requires you insure the antenna for the return trip it would be pointless for me to return it and buy either another VHF/UHF antenna or just a UHF antenna with the minimal difference in money I would make up and on top of the trouble of packing it and carrying it to the Post Office since I don't own a car. And that's how companies like the one selling this antenna make their money. Lie about what it does and rely on the fact that most people are just going to eat the cost entirely or use it for what it does pick up instead of returning it for a refund.

I'm a pessimistic optimist. That means I rarely expect things to work out but still try anyway. I knew there was a greater than 90% chance an antenna claiming to pick up twice the distance of all other indoor/outdoor antennas wasn't going to work. That went up to 99% when I went to the manufacturer's site and saw a one, single, solitary and very short about us paragraph. Not a page. A PARAGRAPH. I bought it anyway since I haven't had cable since February of 2012. Don't make the same mistake. Buying both a UHF and VHF antenna separately may seem like more money, $80 + $90 = $170, and this antenna is ONLY $130 but add it up again. 90 for the antenna I already had plus 130 and shipping for this UHF antenna is $232 compared to the $170. Save your money by just passing this thing on by.

Now, Amazon can delete this review and keep posting the glowing ones since that's in their best interest but not ours.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for--right? Absolutely, yes this time., February 1, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely please with performance, June 29, 2013
Extremely pleased with the performance of this antenna. My goal was to receive signals from 3 TV stations about 40 miles away to the north, and looking through trees. An auto scan found the 3 stations plus several other stations about 100 miles to the south. Very easy to assemble and mount.

1.0 out of 5 stars Over Advertised, June 19, 2013
Ordered this item last week with the hope of being able to capture a local station about 35 miles away, and wanting to install it in my attic. The terrain here in Arkansas is hilly and heavily wooded. After several hours today both in the attic and in the garage below, the best I could do was pick some local stations. And not all of them! I was not able to receive anything with an attic install and the unit seemed to struggle with signal quality in the garage. I even carried it outside on the driveway and it still didn't pick up all immediate local stations. I have a small car mobile tv antenna that did better than this one. So, must return it. I am disappointed in their advertising for attic installaion given the testing I put it through today. Maybe others will have better luck. I didn't wish to put it up on a 40' pole outside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved from cable monster, June 26, 2013
Live about 65 miles from local broadcast locations and right under a dopplar radar station. Cable company wanted $35\month just to have local channels. This antenna has allowed me to pick up over 30 channels. I am planning to buy another for my lake property. This may not work for everyone but it has worked great for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works., February 6, 2013
We live 60 miles from the broadcast site. We have a one story house and I put it in the attic. We receive every channel available. I haven't even tried to fine tune the direction it points yet, not sure I will. Any channel the is not perfectly clear is probably one we would never watch. We decided to eliminate cable to save $120 a month, so the first month paid for the antenna. Very happy with my decision.

1.0 out of 5 stars "Not better than a $12 dollars Antenna.", September 14, 2013
This is the worst product/item I've ever bought on Amazon. The maker states/claims that it's product will bring in channels from up to 150 miles away, but failed when I've tried every possible ways. Either the product was defective or the product was meant to be in a flat terrain area. Whatever it is, I think the maker should say that their product might not work in all areas, like hilly areas or mountains. It would have encourage me not to buy it. I would not encourage anyone to buy this product. Don't waste your time and money. I've lost money sending it back. I'm just waiting for my refund minus the re-shipping cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Antenna, September 7, 2013
Nice antenna, it only hooks up to 1 television though. The channels come in real good. I am happy with the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work at all, September 15, 2013
I sent it back. I didn't work at all in my area. I should have known better. Don't buy it.