5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise!
Published on December 11, 2010 by Jamahv

3.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely loved the idea, but.....
Published on July 21, 2011 by W. Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise!, December 11, 2010
Jamahv (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spectrum 76771 Over The Drawer/Cabinet Paper Towel Holder, Brushed Nickel (Kitchen)
I'm really impressed with this item. It is made of a very high quality metal, and the design includes a soft, thin velvety lining which protects the surface of the door. I considered awarding it four stars because the unit has a tendency to slip sideways , getting itself slightly out of alignment, but I finally figured out that that happened when I tore a towel off with a sideways pull. Now I put one hand on the roll when I tear off a towel and it slides nowhere. Tah Dah! It's nice to have one more item off the countertop in my small kitchen. Good deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Where I Need It When I Need It !!!, June 12, 2010
I had been looking for a solution to place my paper towels out of the way but have them handy for sometime and this is it!!

I did not want a paper towel holder that required drilling into my cabinets and was tired of my standing paper towel holder that seemed to always be in the way and never where I needed it when I needed it. The magnetic paper towel holders were not an option for me since several reviewers complained of them marring the finish on the fridge as they slide downward.

I mounted this over the top of the window valance that is above my sinks in the galley. It looks great and is always in the right place.

The brushed nickel finish goes well with my interior.

Other finishes are available-

Flower Over the Cabinet Paper Towel Holder (black) (6"H x 12"W x 1.33"D)

Bronze Paper Towel Holder - Over the Drawer/Cabinet by Spectrum

Interdesign 29750 Forma Over Cabinet Paper Towel Holder

The valance was the perfect width and only required taking off 2 screws to slide the holder in place. The paper towel roll is easy to load onto the holder and easy to remove. The valance placement is a snug enough fit so the paper towels do not unroll while travelling.

Highly recommend.

UPDATE: The paper towels do tend to unroll when travelling if more than half of the roll has been used. I solved this by placing this type of clip (Medium Binder Clip, 1-1/4"Wide, 5/8" Capacity, BK/SR (SPR87005PK) Category: Paper and Binder Clips) on the rod after pushing the roll snug against the end where it bends at a 90 degree angle. This holds it snug enough to prevent unrolling.

HINT FOR THIN CABINET DOORS: A piece of velcro (the fuzzy side) can be cut to fit for the interior of the over the door section and applied to produce a tighter fit and to prevent sliding if the holder is bumped. This would also prevent marring of the door finish since the velcro would be in contact with the wood surface instead of the metal.

3.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely loved the idea, but....., July 21, 2011
I absolutely loved the space saving idea of this paper towel holder. Seeing that it would fit "most" cabinet doors and drawers, I ordered it and anxiously waited. When it arrived, I was deeply disappointed when it would not fit over any cabinet or drawer in my kitchen. After I admitted to myself it wasn't going to work, I offered it to my Mom, and low and behold...it would not fit in her kitchen either.
Spectrum 76771 Over The Drawer/Cabinet Paper Towel Holder, Brushed Nickel

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't close the door, July 21, 2012
Luwen "Luwen" (San Gabriel, CA United States) - See all my reviews
It looks like an ideal rack in picture and I have smiliar cabinet door. Bought it, tried it and realized that the door will not close all the way because the neck of the rack is not long enough to clear the towel from the frame. So I reversed it and now use it outside the cabinet door. Do not recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not even deserve one star, January 4, 2012
I was very much looking forward to this paper towel holder as I don't have much room in my apartment. Upon opening the box and placing paper towel in one hand and paper towel holder in the other, I was greeted with a holder that was too thick to fit inside my paper towel roll! Now my paper towel roll is left lonely, continuing to live its life on a counter, and I am $10 poorer. :(

2.0 out of 5 stars Moves around, May 17, 2013
ZB (richmond, va USA) - See all my reviews
When attempting to rip off a single towel, the whole wire and door hanging part moves/ jerks around. The paper towel will not rip off, OR the whole contraption falls off the door. Two stars for being a basic towel Holder that hides behind a cabinet door.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not stable - wobbles, March 20, 2013
I need to hold the part that is supposed to grip the cabinet door before I tear off a sheet. Otherwise, the whole thing come flying off.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this SPACE SAVER, November 14, 2010
What a great idea for a space saver to hold paper towels.

EXCEPT

I put the towels on the OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR for easy grabbing!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent design, but recommend one modification, March 20, 2013
love this product for our motorcoach. it has a very thin protective "coating" on the inside of the clip that hangs over a cabinet door. I wasn't satisfied that it would really protect the cabinet finish so i stuck a piece of velcro (the soft fuzz, not the hard plastic side) to this. That added a nice padding to protect the cabinet but it also tended to tighten the connection, an unexpected benefit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Small Kitchen "Must Have", June 10, 2011
TexasEK (Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
I didn't think this product would make such a difference - if at all - in my tiny kitchen, but wow was I mistaken! My former vertical paper towel holder was taking up more of my precious kitchen counter space than I realized. This is such a basic household item, but if you have little to no kitchen space and use paper towels, this over the cabinet (or drawer) holder is a must!