5.0 out of 5 stars World's Best Skin and Hair Conditioner.
Published on August 2, 2007 by Susan Andronico

2.0 out of 5 stars Pricey C...
Although this is no better than Grade C VCo, the price is over two to three times over regular Grade C VCO which makes it less attractive. Whatever that goes on human skin and is absorbed by the skin, get processed by the liver. In case of VCO, using Grade C for cooking is almost as using Grade A since heat impacts nutrients but on skin, it is a whole different story...
Published 16 hours ago by NYFB

5.0 out of 5 stars World's Best Skin and Hair Conditioner., August 2, 2007
I tried this product after I found information on the internet. I was desperate to find a hair conditioner that would repair very badly damaged overprocessed (bleached) hair. I have tried many high priced products to fix this problem, I had nothing to loose. I slept in the Coconut Oil the first night, and shampooed the next morning. What a difference! After a few weeks, I now use it weekly to keep my hair feeling soft and natural. The damaged hair is growing out, but the oil is good for the new growth too. I use it daily on my skin as well, and am very impressed with the results. It has brought a youthful look to my skin. I was a sun worshipper before we were told, that much sun isn't good for your skin but the improvement is amazing. It has softened fine lines and plumped up 40 year old skin. I recommend this to all my friends. I have tried expensive skin and eye products as well, and find that I am allergic to most of them, this really works. It is molecularly possible to benefit your hair and skin, (as per a scientific site) to do some good to your anatomy. It won't leave you feeling greasy like mineral or olive oil does. This product was shipped fast, is a great bargain, and you can throw away all those expensive products and use this product as staple. I apply it under makeup, use it for delicate under eye moisturizer, hair conditioner, and it replaces lotions to soften all over. It doesn't smell like the beach, it smells like raw coconut. Easy to use. I'll be back when my supply runs out!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST SKIN CARE PRODUCT I'VE FOUND, January 7, 2008
I've always had dry skin, but when we started spending time in Santa Fe, NM, with its LOW humidity, I learned what dry skin really was. None of the beauty products that promised to handle the alligator-like scale developing all over me did the job. After days of itching and flaking, I found myself in my daughter's kitchen one night, coating myself with olive oil! Even that didn't work.

But she had a jar of Spectrum Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil on the shelf. It worked! The unrefined coconut oil coats the skin as well as penetrating and soothing it. No more scales! No more itching!

I became a Spectrum Unrefined Coconut Oil addict. The key here is the Unrefined type. I've tried the refined version and it didn't work as well. And don't even ask about other brands of coconut oil.

I like Spectrum Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil so well that I continued using it back home in relatively humid California. After using it as my moisturizer for a year, the skin on my face is softer than it was when I tried a super pricey product that was supposed to make me look years younger. My masseuse, who also gives facials and cares for skin, said she's never seen anyone with softer skin than me. I gave her a jar.

So, there it is: The ultimate testimonial. Hope it works for you like it did for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going Coconuts, August 6, 2008
D. Gardner "~ "The night always seems dar... (Hinsdale, Massachusetts United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spectrum Essentials Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil Bodycare 15 Ounces (Health and Beauty)
I can't praise this product enough! I absolutely love it and use it everyday. My skin is never oily or greasy. The coconut oil absorbs right in especially after a shower. I have sensitive skin and I'm allergic to products with fragrance and dyes. This is all natural and really can be used head to toe. A 15 oz. jar has lasted over 4 months and it's still about a quarter full. It's reasonably priced too. Try this for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for your SKIN, March 7, 2010
I would like to thank all the other previous reviews it sparked me to buy this stuff....I'm so glad I did its fantastic for my whole body. My biggest problem is during the winter my skin just hurts from the dryness. I went to the dermatologist and what he prescibed was not effective unless you kepy lathering the stuff all day. The coconut oil I leave in warm water to soften to use as a oil run after my shower and it leaves my skin silky soft all day.NOW I dont have to drown myself in creams through out the day. I even use it on occasion on my hair ...its awesome! I do love the scent it's like that yummy sun tan oil aroma!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you care about the ingredients going on your skin and crave soft skin-this is the oil to buy!, December 9, 2013
crystal 77 (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
I purchased my 14oz jar at Walmart but love it so much that I figured I would review when I was price comparing with Amazon. First of all, I rarely put much on my body that doesnt have the USDA organic stamp. The stamp offers relief that this product is authentic and the FDA has approved it is true cocount oil.
With that said, I love this stuff. I threw out all my "fragranced" lotions and body products and this is the only "body" product that I have used for the last three years. I don't use on my face but I do use in the eye area and allow it to settle for about 10 min before putting on eye makeup. You should only dab the oil on your pinky finger as it would be easy to use too much. Anyway, my skin loves this stuff. I dont smell like a Victoria Angel but my skin stays soft all day and remains moisterized. My husband loves touching my skin:) I save the perfume for my clothes! It goes on pretty oily but my skin soaks it up well after several minutes. I personally dont mind the oily look or feel on my legs but others may hate the feeling.
I also use this oil to deep condition my over processed hair. I have dyed my hair for the last 15 years and my hair is to the middle of my back and people comment all the time how healthy and soft it looks which is amazing to me considering how much abuse goes into it. I use the oil in my hair overnight or put in on a Sunday morning and wash out in the evening. I don't use on my root or scalp area because even with a good shampoo the oil can be hard to get out of the roots. This product is a multi tasker and so great that I reviewed and I didnt even purchase from Amazon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great!, August 16, 2012
It was exactly what I expected, really great! Smells great and rubs on skin and hair really great. You have to put the plastic tub that it comes in, in hot water so the oil melts enough to rub on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful on Skin or Hair, January 3, 2008
I used this oil daily to keep my skin moisturized after bathing and it works wonders for permed or color treated hair. I love this oil, and Spectrum is the best. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!!, December 21, 2007
I use this oil for my hair. It keeps it moisturized and soft. I have used this product for years and I have always had great results. A little bit goes a long way, one container could easily last you well over a year. This is an excellent product with a very mild but pleasant fragrance.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT DEEP CONDITIONNING, August 5, 2012
Hey guys, do you have dried hair? Pretty harsh? Split ends? Or you just want to nourish your hair? or ALL THE ABOVE?? PLEASE BUY THIS PRODUCT. THE RESULT is more than EFFECTIVE. Leave the time for the product to penetrate in your hair during minimum 20 min...I highly recommend this product and guarantee your satisfaction. Now GO and buy it !!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, June 14, 2013
Kathryn (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
I use this product on my hair and skin, and I also feed it to my pets--they love it, too.

Rate and Discover Movies