4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, just buy ONE grade
I purchased grade 7th and 8th. No wonder they stop there because it's the same materials all over again. Just buy either one, 7th or 8th, and use it for both grades because unless you need more practice problems, it's the same topics.
Published on April 15, 2008 by DeltaD

3.0 out of 5 stars How many of these did I order?
Too many. I was beginning the home schooling with an 8th grader and was afraid she was behind. These texts were very easy, even the 8th grade one.
Published 15 months ago by Pickyourownnose

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, just buy ONE grade, April 15, 2008
DeltaD (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for a bright child, June 6, 2012
This review is from: Spectrum Math, Grade 7 (Paperback)
I bought this Spectrum 7th Grade Math workbook for my eleven year old daughter. I've found it ideal for her, since each subject is introduced with good clear concise explanations, and she hates reading anything long or complicated. As other reviewers have commented, the exercises are plentiful and well structured. My daughters who is good at maths generally, has been whizzing through it. I would say the level is 6th/7th grade.

Since buying this Math workbook, I've bought the 8th grade math workbook and 8th grade enrichment workbook for her to progress onto, as well as the Geometry and Agebra workbooks for more concentrated practice. I've also bought her the Spectrum English books including writing, language arts, phonics and vocabulary. She loves using them all and has made massive progress in her English which was weak, but now probably at an A standard.

I've become such a Spectrum fan that I've also bought the science workbooks (literally superb) and just ordered the test books and Geography.

I'm a homeschooling mom and use a lot of curricula products but Spectrum is hands down best value for money and absolutely top notch. I also use and have used Singapore Math, MEP Math, School Specialty Publishing, A Brighter Child, and Pylon Math, but if I had to choose just one curriculum I'd recommend Spectrum since it covers all the bases and does it well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectrum Math, Grade 7, July 6, 2007
This review is from: Spectrum Math, Grade 7 (Paperback)
Just what I wanted! It's a wonderful practice book that covers all the basics. Lots of repetition, which is what I felt my child needed to really get comfortable with operations. I'm using it to keep his skills from backsliding over the summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, November 10, 2009
This review is from: Spectrum Math, Grade 7 (Paperback)
I bought this book used (from Amazon)and it was like new.

My home schooled 7th grader is using this book for math this year. It seems to cover all the basics, but teaching some of the concepts will take extra effort. The book does not teach; it only tests for understanding. The beginning lessons are very easy reviews, but they do increase in difficulty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Worksheets, July 20, 2007
This review is from: Spectrum Math, Grade 7 (Paperback)
I bought this book to keep my child fresh on math during the summer. The work sheets were great. As this was a review of what she learned during the school year she didn't need direction. If you are looking for a book to teach math, this isn't it- but it was PERFECT for our needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!, September 20, 2010
This review is from: Spectrum Math, Grade 7 (Paperback)
I homeschool my kids and this is perfect. It has the answers in the back and if you are not for sure on how to do the problem it has an example on the top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best homeschool math year yet!, November 12, 2010
This review is from: Spectrum Math, Grade 7 (Paperback)
We used this for my daughter last year and we both just love it.

Pros:
Lessons laid out in a simple format.
180 days of instruction if you do 1 page a day.
Complete curriculum for the year.
Cheap but very effective.
Promotes self-teaching. Student doesn't need much help from parents

Cons:
People think this couldn't possibly be enough for a whole year, but it is.
Because it's cheap, people think it can't be worth anything.

As you can tell we loved this program. For such a low price it's worth getting and trying out. It's not like you're paying $75 for a math program you might not like. I'm not a textbook person but we liked this whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT WORKBOOK, July 6, 2010
This review is from: Spectrum Math, Grade 7 (Paperback)
Great way to keep students involved in Math during the summer. It was easy for them to follow the instructions and do the work. It helped to keep their minds working during the sumemr. Would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars How many of these did I order?, June 22, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars For 7th graders, you should buy up a grade, April 15, 2013
This review is from: Spectrum Math, Grade 7 (Paperback)
Only basic problems were given. Sample problems were too easy with no challenging problems. Grade 8 Spectrum Math covers same topics but has better sample problems. If your child is 7th grader and you are getting this to prepare him/her for the school, get Grade 8 Spectrum Math.

Spectrum Math, Grade 7
Spectrum Math, Grade 7 by Thomas Richards (Paperback - 2007)
$9.95 $5.62