5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT
Used a gift card given to me to buy this fine product which I have used for years and years
Published 14 months ago by Edward G. Pukelis

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Marketing Decision
Published on August 17, 2012 by MC-NY

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Marketing Decision, August 17, 2012
This review is from: Speed Stick Antiperspirant/Deodorant, Fresh Scent, 3 Ounce Stick (Health and Beauty)
I too ordered this from Amazon and received the Power version of the product. I noticed that the stores were no longer carrying the light green cap version and went to order online. I was a long-time user of the light green version and I am really upset if Menen discontinued this product. What a horrible marketing decision on their part. Now all the loyal users will look to other brands becuase the Power version is terrible. Colgate should read the business case history of New Coke. What a marketing disaster that was. I wonder how much market share Pepsi gained during the New Coke replacement of the original formula. The same could happen to Colgate.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of buying Speed Stick Fresh Scent!, April 19, 2012
Liverboy (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
I ordered this from an amazon marketplace seller and received Speed Stick POWER Fresh Scent deodorant. It is very different than the green-lidded product currently pictured in the product description-- it has a far stronger scent. It has the same barcode as the original fresh scent, and therefore may be shipped to you in place of what is pictured here. I called Mennen, and they are phasing out the original Fresh Scent and replacing it with the Power line. Very disappointing, as I am a long time user, and the new product is not nearly as subtle.

1.0 out of 5 stars The loudest smelling and irritating of skin..., July 14, 2012
The old green cap fresh scent was great. I used it from 1982 until it was taken off the market. The grey cap version is both very loud smelling and a skin irritant. I think this will be the end of the entire speedstick line. In all the antiperspirant brands on the shelf that went through looking for a replacement the grey cap fresh scent is ny far the loudest and most offensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same "fresh" scent, July 1, 2012
I specifically ordered Speed Stick "Fresh" scent, with the green lid as pictured, but instead I received a silver lid "POWER" Speed Stick which smells way too unmanly. My adorable husband has been wearing the same antiperspirant for the 21 years of our relationship (and then some), and I like how he smells.

Why mess with success?

Green Lid, please.

I am returning my product and will go on a stock-up spree at local retailers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty smell, like a dirty old man smell. Shame on you Mennen!, August 29, 2012
The one star reviews here are all spot on. The Power Fresh Scent apparently has replaced the traditional Fresh Scent, as I have been to every large store imaginable and I can no longer find the traditional Fresh Scent, i.e. the one that has been around since I started using it in 1984. The Power Fresh Scent irritates my skin and has a gel or oily texture, less of a powder texture like the traditional Fresh Scent had. And it does not have a fresh scent but rather a nasty sharp offensive odor, like that of a dirty old man who reaks of a sharp sweat. I can only guess that Mennen replaced some ingredients with a new cheaper ingredient and branded it as "Power" to give the impression it is improved in some way. To the contrary, Power Fresh Scent is nasty, very nasty. In fact, my eyes were irritated and I sneezed several times the first day I put it on. This is simply a terrible product. Mennen, you ought to re-think this very seriously. I am moving on to a new brand.

Update on May 18, 2014: see Arrid XX Antiperspirant/Deodorant Solid, Unscented, 2.6-Ounce Sticks (Pack of 6) if you want something similar to the traditional Fresh Scent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should market as "Smells as bad as Axe" and "Skin Irritant", December 20, 2012
I had used the original Mennen (green cap) Fresh Scent antiperspirant for over 20 years. Then the Mennen marketing department decided to pinch off this lousy replacement product. This new version smells as terrible as any of the Axe body wash/spray/deodorants. It not only smells like a gold-chain wearing gigolo on ladies night at the Regal Beagle, but my armpits started to burn sometime around hour six after applying this new "power" formula. As a bonus that coincided with the burning sensation, my pits began to sweat, even though I work in an air-conditioned office. I had to jump in the shower to get this nasty stuff off as soon as I got home from work. Nice upgrade.

Would have given it zero stars, if I was sure it would be computed into overall reviewers' average.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered, May 29, 2012
I was specifically looking for "fresh scent" and received one from the "Power" line. I don't like it, and was trying to receive something different.

1.0 out of 5 stars Smell Not Too Bad, May 23, 2014
Hmmm.. I didn't mind the scent too much. But it didn't matter because the product crumbled into pieces on the floor of the gym locker room.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible new reformulation of this product! It smells awful!!!, July 1, 2013
3 problems: 1. Mennen changed the formulation! My nose can't stand the new aroma!

2. Mennen kept the SAME barcode!

3. Now, months later, I have yet to receive my refund check! (I complied with the return requirements!)

1.0 out of 5 stars They killed my favorite deodorant, May 29, 2013
Been using this since the 80s, but now it stinks and makes my pits itch something fierce. I don't like any of their new flavors. Bye Mennen...

Speed Stick Antiperspirant/Deodorant, Fresh Scent, 3 Ounce Stick