- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.4 x 8.9 inches ; 2.4 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B00114TGL8
- Item model number: 10030
- Average Customer Review: 29 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,868 in Arts, Crafts & Sewing (See Top 100 in Arts, Crafts & Sewing)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Speedball Mona Lisa Gold Simple Leaf, 18 Sheet Pack
|Price:||$8.07 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$1.32 (14%)|
- 18 Sheet of composition gold transfer leaf
- Excess leaf remains attached to the wax paper to be used again which greatly reduces waste commonly associated with the leafing process
- Designed to work with flat surfaces
- Tips and techniques guide make the leafing process fun and foolproof
- Leaf sheet size 5-1/2-inch by 5-1/2-inch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Although it won't replace or match genuine gold leaf in brilliance, luster and longevity, this product can be used for interior projects that require the "look" of metallic gold at a fraction of the price. It is also infinitely easier to handle and apply than genuine gold leaf and thus can be tailored for children's projects (supervised, of course).
1. I'm a FIRST-TIME gold leaf applier.
2. I'm not very DIY-crafty.
3. I'm not very patient.
In order for me to try this, it needed to be fairly foolproof, or I knew I'd dropkick it out the window. Reading Amazon reviews didnt exactly fill me with confidence, so I read a bunch of crafty DIY blogs and hoped for the best.
How did it turn out? Well....it wasn't the best of times, it wasn't the worst of times. If we're being honest, it was kind of a pain in the ass, and I made a ton of mistakes, although the end result was more or less okay. Frankly, I would have pulled my hair out, but I really didn't have any free hands, since this stuff is so fiddly, and takes bomb-squad levels of concentration.
Here are some of my observations:
a) What's the "simple" part of this leaf? Well, each sheet comes on a square of waxpaper. You grasp the waxpaper, flip it over, and then kind of press the gold leaf on your surface. I guess the waxpaper is a groundbreaking innovation in the world of gold leaf.....
b) I knew the gold leaf was unbelievably thin, and would show every imperfection in the underlying surface, so I was worried about whether brushstrokes in the Speedball adhesive would shwo through. Turns out I didnt need to worry that much. The adhesive is quite thin (though it does get frothy quite easily) so as long as you apply it carefully, you won't see streaks.
c) You know how everyone says it'll make a mess, but you have no idea how much of a mess? Well, I'm still finding gold flakes all over the house weeks later. You have to burnish it down, so anything that doesnt come in contact with the adhesive just crumbles and flies away.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very nice product. Alittle tricky to use but has a nice look to it and you can use for alot of different uses.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this to use with polymer clay jewlery. This product works great and makes polymer jewelry look spectacular. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Patricia Voldberg
Not really gold leaf. It is hidden in the description. Buddhist monk who is expert on golf leaf did not like the product/Published 4 months ago by Handyman321
The metal flakes are so easy to loose a few pieces and even have pieces left on your hand when your finished. It would be easy to rub a flake in your eye. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Justin