Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on April 18, 2013
Go to any art store and/or big box store and you'll be lucky to find 2 onces of this stuff for under $6. Do the math, that works out to AT LEAST $100 for this quantity of ink...

This is real Speedball ink, which is the gold standard for india ink. Ironically I don't use this stuff for writing, I use it to stain/ebonize wood products (just finished a giant desk with about 1/3 of the bottle). Cheaper and better than stain and allows the wood grain to show through while maintaining an incredibly deep black after a single coat.
on June 8, 2012
This price for this much product... ROCKS. Forget paying $3-$5 for 1oz. 32oz for $17 is insane. I bought this a while ago and I have barely used any of it! The bottle is easily stowed away. The lid features a little spout which allows for accurate pouring and no leakage! The ink comes out perfectly black and stays wonderfully (once it's dry, of course!) after multiple washes. This is perfect for heavy ink use.
on November 16, 2014
I've been a professional cartoonist and comic book artist for the past 38 years, and I haven't found an ink that exceeds the quality of this brand. It lands on the paper without any webbing or bleed-out, and works extremely well in crow quill pens and brushes for fine line work. It may be a bit heavy for technical or fountain pens, but that is the trade off for any dense, jet black india ink. It's waterproof, doesn't fade when it's erased over, and seems well suited to all applications for cartooning and fine line ink drawing. As with all india inks, it's important to keep them mixed. I just give my bottle a few vigorous shakes once a week, and the ink stays consistently smooth and dark. Highly recommended for professional applications. I love this stuff.
on December 27, 2014
This rates very highly with me for a variety of reasons.

First of all, I've been using Speedball Super Black ink in the 2 Oz bottles pretty much forever. I use it for wood-staining, leather staining and, oddly, writing (yes, I know that's what it's used mostly for by other people). I've adorned briefcases, bows, arrows, steampunk guns and other arts and crafts with it and it has always gone on evenly, stood up well and looked good.

I've rated the 2 oz bottles five stars for the ink's versatility, durability, lack of rubbing off and ease of use. But getting the ink in a bottle this huge is the BEST VALUE possible for Speedball Super Black ink. I'd give it six stars if I could simply because for the savings between one of these and sixteen 2 oz bottles, one would save over sixty bucks. For the price of four 2 oz bottles, you can get this one.

I love great values.

If you do crafts or one hell of a lot of writing, and you need a LOT of India ink, this should be what you get every time.
on December 17, 2015
This is a great deal for some pretty good india ink. Unlike other reviewers, I bought this to use in an airbrush. I wanted large quantities of ink to use in practicing freehand airbrush (e.g., figure drawing, experimenting with templates). It is too pricey to use good airbrush paint for this purpose. So far I have nothing but good things to say about this ink. It flows well in my airbrushes without being reduced. I have been using it with a general purpose 0.3mm nozzle/needle combination, but I think it would be fine in a 0.2mm or 0.15mm gun as well. It is consistent, doesn't lead to much tip dry, and has a nice sheen on paper. At the price I bought three bottles. For those of us running 0.5mm or larger guns, you can clear out an ounce of ink pretty quickly. At standard prices that gets expensive, but with these bottles it is affordable.
on August 11, 2015
I used this to refill Copic dual tip markers (chisel nib / brush nib). This ink is not as opaque as the copic ink, but is still good. It has a different feel to the Copic ink and not as consistently opaque. The flow fluctuates. I still recommend it for the sheer amount of quantity of ink for the price. You feel like you can keep going on your project nonstop without fear of running out of ink.

The only thing if you're using this to refill Copics, you have to watch out to not overfill because it will drip while you are working away.
on December 8, 2014
Great! HUGE bottle, smooth flow, opaque color, a little bit reflective after drying but doesn't really bother me, I use it with nib pen and it doesn't clog the tip at all, however when filling in large areas it does become a little bit transparent so I have to go over twice, but with linework its perfectly opaque and smooth flowing. the amount of product in this bottle for the price is unbeatable.
on September 30, 2015
Wow that is a lot of ink!!! I bought this since it was only $2 more than the 16 oz. and I definitely got my money's worth. I don't feel guilty for practicing my calligraphy at all. Will definitely buy again provided it is still in this price range.
on February 2, 2015
I love the richness of this black ink, however, it does seem to clog in my nib and it clogs around the opening of my ink well. Otherwise I feel like the amount of ink you get for your money is definitely an awesome value.
on December 9, 2015
Using it for art projects and as a wood stain. Also used it to touch up some dings on 'espresso' colored furniture. Way better than a marker pen! Super price for the quantity......it will last me a LONG time!