5.0 out of 5 stars these goggles do not suck ... they use gentle suction
Published on February 17, 2011 by ozzieozumo

3.0 out of 5 stars Slippery when wet
Having had these goggles for several months and worn them at least 2-3 times a week, I believe I can offer a useful review.

Published 23 months ago by BuckeyeInNC

5.0 out of 5 stars these goggles do not suck ... they use gentle suction, February 17, 2011
This review is from: Speedo Air Seal Tri Swim Goggle (Sports)
I've been a swimmer for life and these are the most comfortable goggles I've ever worn. I just came back to the office after an hour at the pool and I don't have huge rings around my eyes. The suction is gentle yet somehow prevents any leaks. Did not fog either. I'm impressed. I was skeptical about the non adjustable nose piece but the fit was really solid yet totally comfortable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slippery when wet, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Speedo Air Seal Tri Swim Goggle (Sports)

First the bad: Do not get the straps wet before putting trying to put them on. I, like many swimmers, like to wet the inside of the goggles to reduce the risk of fogging. In the past, this has meant a quick dunk in the water and shaking the water out. However, once you have done this and attempt to put them on, the adjustment mechnism on the straps loses all friction and the straps slide out when you put tension on the straps to put them on your head. The first time this happened to me was at the start of a triathlon and the adjustment mechanism came off both straps completely, and it was only through a quick reaction that I was able to catch it before it sank into the murky depths off the beach. . . . Since then and multiple times thereafter, I have had a similar frustrating experience. No matter how hard I try, the adjustment mechanism allows the straps to slip completely out when ever tension is applied (as when trying to put the goggles on).

The solution? I have discovered through trial and error to be careful to ONLY wet the eyepieces and NOT to get the straps wet before putting them on. This appears to have solved the problem. The straps are not yet slick enough to slide completely out of the mechanism while they are still dry . .

The good: They work. Once on and stable on the head, the eyepieces do not fog and stay dry. You do have to push them on a bit in order for them to gain a vacuum on your face to resist leaking in spirited swimming, but that is not unusual.

The nose bridge is also inelastic and will dig into your nose if you put them on upside down. I have never had to worry about which side is right side up in other pairs of goggles I have or have owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid pool and ocean google., October 29, 2010
T. Smith (Studio City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have 2 pairs of these.

I like the way they seal, I don't have the have the straps insanely tight to keep the water out.

They don't fog too badly.

They are really comfortable, i can wear them for 1-2 hours without pressure or discomfort.

They are not crazy expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedo Goggles, March 21, 2011
These goggles are great. They are the first pair of goggles I have ever had that do not leak. I swim 30,40,50 laps at a time and I never have to stop to get the water out. On top of that, the goggles don't fog up, even after swimming in heated pools.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for casual swimming..., July 12, 2011
I have had these goggles for 2 weeks... been swimming with them about 5 or 6 times.

---PROS---
-Great fit... no suction eyes feel
-easy to put on and adjust
-nice blue tint... easy on the eyes even on sunny days
-doesn't fog up

---CONS---
-tends to loosen... I have owned several goggles... this is the first one that actually unhinges from the plastic buckle. I think it is because of the strap material... it's quite smooth
-not great for diving.... maybe it's strap related but I experienced the goggles pop off twice when diving

---CONCLUSION---
-for the casual swimming it's a great buy. I have had a hard time finding a comfortable goggles... this is the best for my "Asian" face... As for competitive or performance conditions you may need to look somewhere else...

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable. May need to tie the straps., May 15, 2011
This review is from: Speedo Air Seal Tri Swim Goggle (Sports)
I bought these while looking for a more comfortable goggle than the usual race fare. They do indeed have a softer, more comfortable seal, which is especially important to me when I'm swimming for 45 minutes or more at a time. For whatever reason, they also seem to more resistant to fogging than my previous few goggles. No idea why.

The only real issue I've had is that the straps periodically will loosen on their own, either while putting the goggles on or sometimes while swimming. I've read a few reviews on other sites where people also complain about this behavior. The fix is to simply tie a knot with the portion of the straps that stick out once you've found the right size setting. I haven't had any issues after doing this.

Lastly, I swim with a Finis SwimP3 for music, and I did have to move the music pads behind my ear to keep these goggles from leaking around the sides. This is also not a big deal, and it's likely because the nose bridge isn't adjustable. The music sounds the same whether the pads are in front or behind my ears.

Overall, good, comfortable goggle, especially if you're not in a race mindset and don't mind tying the straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my lap swim's, January 25, 2013
I use these for lap swimming at the pool. I have a small head and in the past had to buy kids goggles. These fit my small head great. Didn't leak and hold up to my semi daily lap swims. My husband who has a rather large head has used them as well and fit him great too. Great goggles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, May 4, 2013
Eric (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
I've had this pair of goggle for 3 weeks or so. I am training for Ironman TX and have used it for several 2.4mile swims.

Overall, very comfortable except at around mile 2 when there is some pressure (I have had this happen will all my goggles).
The visual clarity is fantastic and no fogging issues to date.

I would highly recommend this pair based on my 3 week use.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, November 9, 2011
The goggles were very comfortable, but still had some minor leaking. Could deal with it, but I prefer a complete water tight seal. It's really hard to find something comfortable and water tight.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, doesnt leak water, October 22, 2013
These are one of the best goggles that I have tried. They do not leak water, don't get fogged up as easily as other pairs I've owned and they feel super comfortable especially if you have larger eyes.

Speedo Air Seal Tri Swim Goggle