Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on August 19, 2010
I own a pair of Speedo Vanquisher goggles and after about 10Kms of swimming over a span of a month the anti-fog layer was completely gone and it fogged up pretty badly. Unwilling to invest in another pair of goggles I read up online for a cheaper solution and found the comments on this page very useful. I bought this solution from a local store and followed the instructions as listed on the bottle. Poured the solution on the inside of the goggles, waited for about 10 seconds (time was not listed) and rinsed. That was a mistake and the lens promptly fogged up within 250yards. So the next day I left the solution on the lens for 30mins and then gently rinsed it in cold water. This did the trick and the goggle remained clear for the entire session. Give how clear the anti-fog layer is now, I am guessing that the layer will last about 5-6 sessions, although I haven't yet tested it out for that long. The only reason I gave a 4/5 is because of the rather long time the solutions needs to stay before we can use the goggles.

I have realized that the best way to extend the life of the anti-fog layer is to never ever touch the inside of the lens or take the goggles off while still inside the pool thereby wetting it with pool water. The anti-fog layer wears off a lot quicker in warm pools and pools with high chemical content. Hope this helps and happy swimming!
11 comment60 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2007
1. Apply the solution on the goggle inside and stay for 30 seconds.
2. Quickly rinse it with water.
3. Fully dry.
4. Put on the goggle and swim. However, don't put off and dip your goggle in the pool until you finish swimming.

This really works.
0Comment33 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2007
Works absolutly GREAT! Don't be confused about "spray, splash and let dry" beacouse it's realy best way to keep your goggles clear. Usualy I was not able to see anything after 12-15 laps. Now after 35 laps I CAN SEE 100% CLEARLY.
0Comment25 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2007
This is by far the best anti-fog spray I've tried. I use it for my paintball mask. It used to fog up, then I got shot... This prevents any fogging in the mask and lasts for a long time! A+++++++
on September 4, 2010
I purchased this very early this season to repair the anti-fog coating on my Speedo Vanquisher goggles. I have used this numerous times and it helps but it doesn't come close to the manufacturer applied anti-fog coating. Unfortunately, it only extends the time taken to fog up from 2-4 minutes to around 5-10 minutes (if you're lucky that it got applied properly). Once it fogs up and you have to dip it, it will continue to fog up every couple of minutes. Only once did the fogging recede without dipping and left a small hole for me to look through in the middle of the goggles (tunnel vision).

I have tried numerous techniques regarding dipping and not dipping both my head and/or the goggles before putting them on to see if it makes any difference which resulted in minimal differences in anti-fog duration. The bottle utilizes drops instead of a spray which makes it seem like you would have to use more of it in order to coat the surface since the surface tension is so great that it doesn't want to move around on the uncoated surfaces. I have also tried different application techniques, but nothing seems to help very much. Perhaps I had too high of expectations for this product -- the expectation that I could swim laps for at least 30 minutes without them fogging up. I wish there was a way for stores to re-coat (or initial coat) swim goggles as a service using a quality anti-fog coating and application.
on March 11, 2012
I swim 50 minutes a day, and fogging goggles drive me crazy (you have to be able to see if you're overtaking someone, etc.). This stuff works to keep my goggles completely clear for the entire 50 minutes, but after trial and error, I figured out this method: Coat the inside of lenses generously with this stuff and leave it for 30 minutes or so (who knows if it takes the whole 30 minutes, but that works for me). Rinse in cold tap water just enough to get the chemical out. Once I get to the pool, I jump in with the goggles in my hand and then put them on as I'm hanging on the side of the pool (so in effect they get rinsed twice). Result: zero fog for the entire swim. Really. I deducted a star because of the time and planning it takes to use this, and because I have to do this every day -- I haven't had much luck with this lasting more than one session, but I rotate three pairs of goggles, so I haven't scientifically checked that, either.
on April 5, 2013
You have to apply it for every use but it does what it promises. Just spray on clean dry surface of glasses, rinse with water after 10-15 min.
on November 22, 2012
I used it and it prevented the goggles from fogging up. The instructions say to put a few drops on the inside, wipe it around then rinse and let dry. That means you have to do it at least 10 minutes before you plan to wear them.
on May 16, 2015
This solution absolutely works. My daughter has been using it for a year for swim practices, and I've been using it for several months myself. But it didn't work for me right away, I had to find the right way to use it. Here is what I do, and it works each and every time:

1. Rinse goggles after practice/swim and let them dry out completely
2. Apply 2-3 drops into each lens
3. Spread the solution with your finger covering all the surface, including the sides
4. Let it sit for 30 minutes (when in a hurry, 5 min works, too)
5. Rinse cautiously (read below)

Step 5 is the one I got wrong the first few times. If you give it too thorough of a rinse, there won't be anything left to form the anti-fog layer. I fill each lens/goggle cup with water and pour it out - 3 times: fill - pour out; fill - pour out; fill - pour out. Repeat with the second lens. Don't worry, anything that's left will absolutely not burn the eye, you won't feel anything. Note, you will see some bubbles formed by water being mixed with the solution as you rinse, this is normal, don't let it bother you.

6. Let the goggles dry out. The anti-fogging layer is now formed, and will last through swim/practice.

Important: do not rinse or wash the goggles or let the interior get wet after this. Just put the goggles on and start swimming - this will protect the formed anti-fog layer.

Do this for every practice/swim.
on January 25, 2013
I bought this solution to see if I could swim at least for 5 mins without getting fog on my speedo vanquisher 2.0.

I tried several things to see if it worked:
1) Few drops in the googles, wait for 2 mins, rinse: no results. Googles got foggy after 3 mins.
2) Few drops in the googles, wait for 10 mins, rinse: same thing.
3) Few drops in the googles, wait for 30 mins, rinse: this worked much better than the other 2 tries, but after 10 mins, foggy googles.

But one day I tried the baby shampoo on the googles... and voila! issue resolved. I was able to swim for almost 30 mins without having to take off my glasses to get the fog out.

I still believe my googles are not the best, but at least with shampoo and rinsing them just before getting into the pool it's working like a charm.

I dont recommend buying this product. Not needed. Go with shampoo