5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well
Published on October 15, 2008 by M. Watson

3.0 out of 5 stars Size/cut off for those not familiar with Speedo
Published on January 19, 2009 by Sarah May

3.0 out of 5 stars Size/cut off for those not familiar with Speedo, January 19, 2009
This review is from: Speedo Women's Aquatic Conservative Ultraback Swimsuit (Apparel)
I have become a size 10 and am wishing to get back to an 8 (read: still wearing many of my size 8 pants, etc). However, when I got my size 10 of this suit, the leg holes were so small they really squeezed my legs (and my legs aren't abnormally large), and the whole suit was just TOO small. I went to a sporting goods store after to try sizes and the 12 was correct, with no extra room to spare. Also, for those unfamiliar with the Speedo leg cuts, this 'conservative' cut is REALLY low. I mean, when you put it on it really appears almost perfectly straight across - even with your crotch - not scooped up a bit as it appears in the photos. Again, at the actual store trying Speedos on, I discovered that their highest 'contemporary' cut is actually still pretty moderate, i.e., my bikini underwear were completely covered up and then some when I was trying on these suits over them. In the end, the suit quality feels great so I still plan to buy Speedo but sizing and cut is not as one might expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, October 15, 2008
This is a very sturdy suit. I got it to wear for lap swimming. It is not fashionable, but I was not looking for that. It holds in all the right places and is comfortable to wear. It runs slightly small, so I would order the bigger size than what you wear in normal clothes. It has great bust support, even though it does not have a shelf bra, which I thought I would miss. There is nothing to tug at, slide down or crawl up. It is a great suit that does the job of a normal lap swimsuit very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfy suit that's all business for women of a certain age, February 8, 2008
Great for lap swimming. Has a nice lining that keeps one from getting "head lights" in a cool pool; leg openings are not Brazilian style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a swimsuit that fits ME., December 23, 2010
Use to be a competitive swimmer in my young life. Always wore Speedo's & Jantzen swimsuits. Went through bikini & slimsuit stages. Now middle-aged, had kids and not exactly wanting to strut my stuff out there anymore. This swimsuit is so comfortable! Holds my bust up. Didn't creep up in my "you know". Never felt the need to adjust once it was wet. Did my 40 laps this morning feeling like the old competitive swimmer of earlier years. Rinses out cleanly, no chlorine smell. Dries fast. LOVE IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, April 25, 2009
I love this suit, it works great for me. It does however run a little small compared to other swimsuits. i had to return it for a bigger size

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice!, April 15, 2009
This is a great swimsuit, I would advise getting a size larger than what you normally wear, they tend to run small. I was a bit confused between the moderate and the conservative, I would probably go with the moderate when I purchase my next one. I'll definately buy another one, I am happy with the suit.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!, April 2, 2009
This is a comfortable suit for serious swimmers. Cut is high in front and back with conservative leg. Material front and back has double thickness for longer wear. Straps in back are crossed.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice sturdy suit for lap swimming, or aqua aerobics, February 8, 2011
Karen A. Thomas (Gainesville, Florida) - See all my reviews
I bought this suit in black about a month ago, after reading reviews of it on Amazon. I have been pleased with the way it fits, and it perfect for wearing for lap swimming and or aqua aerobics. Provides good, sturdy coverage during exercise. I saw the same suit at my local Sports Authority, and it was about $20 more than I paid on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lap Swimmer, May 1, 2009
Very well lined in black so it should last longer with constant exposure to the chlorine in the pool. Does not crawl up when I swim. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the suit, January 15, 2008
Speedo Aquatic Solid ultraback with soft cup swimsuitLove the suit. It fits great and holds in all the right places.