5.0 out of 5 stars Great swimsuit
Published 21 months ago by Patricia

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits unlike other Speedos I've owned
I've only owned Speedo suits for the past 15 years. I ordered the same size I always order, but it was actually baggy in the lower tummy/pelvic area. Also not a flattering cut at the neckline if you are small-busted like me, especially compared to other Speedos. The fabric felt great. Hesitant to order another online now, knowing the fit varies so much between styles.
Published on April 9, 2009 by Twin Cities Parent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great swimsuit, July 28, 2012
This review is from: Speedo Women's Race Endurance+ Polyester Flyback Training Swimsuit (Apparel)
It's a recent purchase only worn about 6 hours so far to swim laps in both saline and chlorine pools, so I can't comment on its long-term chlorine resistance, but I am very happy with the fit, style, and look/feel of the fabric. Most reviews on the Endurance+ line, and fact that it's polyester/PBT, indicate it should hold up against chlorine much better than nylon/lycra. It's sleek/non-bulky, and dries fast (good for travel/ease of packing). I ordered both 32 and 34; the 34 fit perfectly. Though per Speedo's chart I measure closest to a 32, the 32 was too tight and too short. For reference, I wear 2/XS, am 5'4" 110 lb. It has no bra support, but it fits snug enough that my bust stays in place. It stretches enough to go on/off almost as easily as my nylon/lycra suits, and so far it's retained it's shape and fit in and out of the water. I love the off-shoulder straps, as regular shoulder straps often slip off while swimming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this suit!!, June 22, 2012
First off, this suit is very attractive and flattering. I got the black one with pink trim, and the colors look great!

Second, the material seems very durable. I've been using mine for lap swimming in a chlorinated pool 2-4x/week for the past two months, and it still fits fairly snugly like a brand new suit. No signs of sagging or wear so far. Also, the colors don't look like they're fading or otherwise changing.

That said, the actual material is more rigid than regular swim suits, so it's a bit harder to get on and feels a bit tighter when dry, compared to other speedo's I've had. It's very comfortable once you get in the water, though, so it the tightness isn't really a problem while swimming.

I would definitely buy this again, but I might consider sizing up next time since the suit seems like it will hold its current dimensions for a long time instead of loosening up like all the other suits I've owned. I'm 5'1" and a 4-6 dress size, so I ordered a 32, which is my usual Speedo size. Since it's not loosening up like I expected, I might go for a 34 next time if I decide I don't want it as snug.

I would highly recommend this suit for swim training and racing in! Not so much for lounging around or water aerobics since it IS fairly tight fitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedo Endurance Suit, September 8, 2013
I love this suit. I swim laps about 3 times a week and it fits great. I am 5'7'' and top heavy and I feel supported when I swim ( I bought a size 38). I have noticed on other suits that the legs are cut low which feels weird to me. This suit is cut higher on the legs. Overall great suit.

4.0 out of 5 stars good suit, August 15, 2008
this is a good suit, but if you're used to nylon then be prepared. this suit has less give, so make sure you buy a big enough size. i think the material is durable, and i like that it doesn't slip when i swim laps, but i don't find it to be as comfortable as my old nylon suit. (maybe i'll come to prefer it eventually, though.) a good purchase, especially at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, September 11, 2010
This suit is awesome. It fits perfectly. I am in between a 32 and a 34 and a 34 fit perfectly for me. I highly recommend this suit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Training Suit for Pregnancy, November 14, 2013
I bought this to train in during my pregnancy (I swam competitively in college at a Division 1 school). I went with Speedo over Nike polyester because Speedo is a more conservative cut. Pre-pregnancy, I would always go with "Nike Swim Polyester Cut-Out Tank" because I like the cut so so much better and the Nike is unlined (or atleast used to be, I've read reviews that they may have changed this). I was feeling a bit more modest as my body changed though.

If you are not used to Nike's skimpy butt coverage, this Speedo is probably a better option for you. I ordered up a few sizes larger than my normal size as a result to allow for tummy expansion. I am normally a size 30, but went with a 34 and it fits me well at 27 weeks. As I use it, it will naturally give, but not sure if this will last until 40 weeks (or if I will actually be working out at 40 weeks). If I were to order a suit for pregnancy again, I'd probably steer away from a polyester suit because they have less give and go for something with lycra. I really tried to find an actual maternity suit to train in, but nothing exists that doesn't have tons of extra fabric(and I don't need any more drag than I already have, thank you very much). The maternity suits all look like they are made for women 60+. I am actually really disappointed that Nike or Speedo haven't attempted to make something to fill this void, since every doctor I speak to says swimming is such a great form of exercise during pregnancy!

For non-pregnancy users, this is a good conservative cut (not too small on the butt) and durable suit. It does have a lining (many polyester suits do not). It is durable and should last a good deal longer than a lycra suit and will not fade nearly as fast.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review, and I hope you found it helpful in making a purchase decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top product, but sizes run small, October 19, 2012
Mentaclara (sunnyvale, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This swimsuit is high quality, high performance, and very chlorine resistant, just as promised. From this point of view it doesn't disappoint. The navy blue with white stripes looks very classy, too. Sizes run small, though. I am a European and usually have a hard time dressing with American clothes whose sizes run larger than European ones. In this case, however, I had to return the previous size (32) and order a larger one (34), which is still a bit tight (even though I had taken all my measurements twice prior to ordering to make sure I was getting the right size).

5.0 out of 5 stars flattering fit and long-lasting, April 20, 2011
This suit is great. I swim an hour each day, have used this suit daily for a year and a half now, and it's still going strong. I'm 5'7", 125 lbs, and usually take a size 4 in clothes--the size 38 fits perfectly. This is the most flattering swimsuit I've found in 20 years of swimming. It makes me look a lot slimmer than I actually am =)

4.0 out of 5 stars a little small but works, July 20, 2013
Grace (California) - See all my reviews
the swimwear runs a little small. the straps digs in to my shoulders and my butt becomes deformed. it stretches a little in the water and its not too uncomfortable. seems to do pretty decent in chlorinated indoor swimming pool water. I'd buy a size up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Speedo swimsuit for teen, April 8, 2014
Ann Brown "nino maestra" (Loreto, Baja California Sur) - See all my reviews
I bought two in different sizes to see which one fit my daughter the best. She's 14 years old, 5'5" and approximately 110 lbs. The 36 versus the 34 fit best

ARRAY(0x9f9738c4)