5.0 out of 5 stars still grooving after all these years!
i wrote this review in July 2009...

"The suit is wonderful.

Pros: sporty, easy to get in/out, keeps my boy warm in/out of the pool even on a warm July day. I noticed a few wimpering/shivering kids around me, but we were happy.

Published on June 29, 2011 by Anonymous

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of sizing!
Published on March 29, 2011 by T. Tse

5.0 out of 5 stars still grooving after all these years!, June 29, 2011
i wrote this review in July 2009...

"The suit is wonderful.

Cons: smells like neoprene. Sizing worked out well for us, but could be a bit tricky. Customer service told us to get a 3T.

My boy is 2 years 8 months old, 37" tall, 36 pounds and wears 3T shirts, 2T pants. Based on Amazon reviews and the weight recommendation of Speedo, we bought the 4T. The suit is a little wide around the thighs and belly, but otherwise everything fits and works well. I figure this gives us some room to grow into."

AND NOW HERE IS A 2 YEAR UPDATE:
LOVE THIS SUIT! So now my boy is 3 years and 8 months, 46" tall and 46 pounds. He wears size 5 shirts and pants. The suit remains in very good shape. The suit still fits my boy serviceably. Yes, the shoulders and neck-line hang a little bit low, the thigh cuffs sit a little high on his mid-thigh. But it fits ok overall, and my boy still enjoys wearing it. One thing - he does put on a thin rash guard as an 'undershirt' for a bit of extra warmth (and he'll last for hour long pool sessions). We could probably make it through another summer, but I'm going to order the next size up and wait to pass this one along to his younger brother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase!!!, September 13, 2010
I bought two of these speedo suits in pink for my girls 2.5 and 4.5. I got them in size 6-6x although I should probably have gotten my younger one a size 4T. I was looking for a size 5T but they don't have any so I got her the size up thinking that the 4T would be too small. This said, they both wore their suits on a trip to a water park where I knew the water temperature would be rather cold. The water was too cold for ME but THEY were fine. Also, because of the UV50 protection, I didn't have to worry about sunscreen...

I absolutely love this suit. It fits well, it is comfortable and has kept my daughters warm. I also love the bright pink color. It made it easy for me to spot them in the crowd. We plan to use them for their swimming lessons at the local pool.

I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!! This Worked!, October 6, 2010
We have had our 2 yr old in swim class since summer and we are now in the fall class and they had reduced the water temp a lot!. Since the start of the fall swim our daughter has pretty much cried the whole time due to the water being soo cold and all she wanted to do was get out. We did some internet searching for toddler wet suits and came across this one even though it only had 4 reviews with only 1 being a bad review. We took a chance and ordered last week Thursday and got it by Friday. We ordered a 3T and it fit perfect!. On Tuesday 10/5/10, we went to swim class, and it worked! Our daughter enjoyed swim class again..yea! There were a couple of other kids in the pool with teeth chattering and some whining but not our daughter, she was soo happy! I would recommend this and I did to some of the parents at swim class last night.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of sizing!, March 29, 2011
I bought this suit for my tall but very thin 6 year old. I ordered the size 6. It wasn't even close to fitting him. I gave it to his 3 year old brother and it fit him perfectly. In addition, the stitching around the zipper is poor. There are a lot of rough pointy areas that bother my little guy's skin. The material is really light weight too and does virtually nothing to keep him warm. I'd suggest the NeoSport Wetsuit. I just ordered it for my older son and it is much better made.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too thin for wetsuit, June 9, 2010
I ordered this thermal suit based on the previous review which was saying it's a real wetsuit and was very disappointed- it is very thin, probably 0.1 mm compared to normally 2 mm for really thermal wetsuit. It is really a good quality item, well manufactured, looks great just like the picture, probably with a little thermal protection, we did not try it in the water because it was about 10 times thinner that the one we had before. I think it does provide UV protection as advertised and a little bit thermal protection, but the previous 5* review was very misleading to me. The manufacturer never claimed it was a wetsuit- that is why it is not called one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice suit, July 23, 2012
Shipping was quick. The thickness is about 1.5mm and it does help my skinny grandson stay warmer. The soles up front wet suit that I bought for my granddaughter is about 2mm and a bit warmer but comes from the UK. My grandson is 39" and 30 lbs and I ordered the 3T size. It fits perfect with a bit of growing room. Looks new after 6 weeks of wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars certainly helps a kid who's always cold in the water, June 13, 2012
third time mom (Naperville, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I've got a 6 year old who is always cold in the water for his swimming lessons, especially early in the summer when the air is often cool during lessons (like 70 degrees) and chilly nights keep the pool temps down (80 degree water). This is cold for my boy. Shivvering, blue lips; the kind of thing a kid can't fake. He is pretty thin. I bought this suit hoping it would help. And it does. It helps. My kid can be in the water for his 30 minute lesson. He probably couldn't do much more than that and he's still cold when he's done. Maybe a kid who's a little more active in the water than my newly emergent swimmmer will be able to raise his body temperature enough with activity to stay warm. So, in short, it's helping, but don't expect miracles. I am very glad I bought the wetsuit & would recommend it to anyone in the same situation. We tried this suit on in a store; my son normally needs a size 5 in clothes. The 4t wetsuit was way too small in the torso and the 6/6x is too big in the legs (he is skinny). We got the 6/6x. This suit would keep a kid warmer if the legs fit snugger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this thermal suit, December 12, 2010
Love this thermal suit. My 8 year old son is on swim team in AZ and this suit is perfect for him. It keeps him warm while he swims during practice and his swim meets. If it wasn't for this thermal suit he would have had to give up swimming during the winter season. The suit is well made and easy to wear while swimming laps because it's not that thick. I would highly recommend this thermal suit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, July 22, 2010
Good quality and is a perfect fit for my 8 years old son. The suit is comfortable and it keeps him warm during swimming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedo Kid's UV Thermal Suit, June 26, 2011
Received item in a reasonable time, in new condition and as described!
My son is 5 1/2 years old, I purchased a size 6-6X and it was a good fit.
Wasn't tight against the body like most people might wear it but wasn't loose, just about right. The quality was great and the colors were awesome. Thanks!

ARRAY(0xa52d3e7c)